Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:02:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Amount of dollars in the world?  (Read 224 times)
FedAsker (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:42:24 AM

I friend of mine pointed out that today there is no easy way of knowing how many dollars are there. I tried to search google but I did't find the answer. Maybe some of you bitcoin enthusiastic know and kindly tell me how much is it or where can I check it?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 07:15:44 AM

What does this have to do with Bitcoin exactly? I use duckduckgo as my default search engine and this is literally the second result:

https://www.federalreserve.gov/faqs/currency_12773.htm

How much U.S. currency is in circulation?

There was approximately $1.58 trillion in circulation as of September 20, 2017, of which $1.53 trillion was in Federal Reserve notes.

I have no idea how often it's being updated, but last update was nearly a month ago. Why would you need this info anyway?

FedAsker (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 07:26:14 AM

Thank you, guess I'm just not good search engine user. I think this has something to do with bitcoin because value of bitcoin is related to other currencies. And part of bitcoin price speculation is how much new money fed is printing every day.
Koro-Sensei

Activity: 658
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 07:35:59 AM

I friend of mine pointed out that today there is no easy way of knowing how many dollars are there. I tried to search google but I did't find the answer. Maybe some of you bitcoin enthusiastic know and kindly tell me how much is it or where can I check it?
Well it depends on your current state or your countrie's currency me mine  is philippines almost a dollar has a value of 50 php on our country just try searching on google currency calculator and then find your country's currency  knowing it might be difficult but our currency has a good relation to dollars  and it has a 1% interest on dollars for now i know it is not that much compares to bitcoin but dollar is the international currency
junoreactor

Activity: 196
Merit: 109

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 09:07:38 AM

Thank you, guess I'm just not good search engine user. I think this has something to do with bitcoin because value of bitcoin is related to other currencies. And part of bitcoin price speculation is how much new money fed is printing every day.
Hi FedAsker, related to your original queston, you should find this read interesting, I recommend you have a look.
Basically, an analyst named Van-Petersen believes that one day cryptos could equal 10% of the average daily volumes of global fiat currency, and you can read about his prediction on Bitcoin price if this scenario comes true, $100k, which sounds a bit crazy but in the long term who knows...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: