Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 11:28:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: In it just for the money?  (Read 1375 times)
Johnnywelsh

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 09:45:07 PM

I'm here to help contribute to making a difference, putting an end to capitalism and giving the power back to the people....jk i'm in it for the dolla dolla bill

Willitivity

Activity: 1190
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:03:23 PM

Basically, most of the contributiors in an ICO is in it for the money.
Some projects usually linger a long period of time before completion, only a few investors are likely to stay that long.
Am mostly about the speculation and getting the money from it.  Smiley
Kidmat

Activity: 774
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:06:51 PM

Basically, most of the contributiors in an ICO is in it for the money.
Some projects usually linger a long period of time before completion, only a few investors are likely to stay that long.
Am mostly about the speculation and getting the money from it.  Smiley
Well, most investors in ICO ofcourse aim for a money rather in it just for money. Before investing we need to make sure that we could earn profit ofcoure. We dont like stay long for nothing and gaining nothing.
rainbow169

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:34:09 PM

I was initially dragged into crypto space not for money but then my goal changed after all the ICO hype and I was hoping to make the best of the money making opportunity, which I learned some painful lessons at a later stage. For now, I just want to enjoy this piece of history and see how it goes, if I can make some money then great, if I can't just happy to be part of the history
Karto

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:35:44 PM

Just today i was thinking about this!!
and i got to conclusion that i am here first of all for the Tech!
when i invest in projects that i believe in their tech, i am confident!!
when i invested and it was just for the money, i lost this confident..
Sarah08

Activity: 238

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:57:52 PM

When investing in ICOs, are there times when you invest for a high ROI but don't really care for the cause behind the project? Or do you only invest when you believe the project has a strong use case and feel personally attached?

I am new to BitcoinTalk but I am not new to investing. With all my investments, my criteria is whether I believe in the idea and whether it is something the world needs. In other words, if I don't feel personally invested in the idea, then I won't be investing my money.

For example, there is a new project called Protex and I invested in their pre-sale because I believe they are going to solve a major issue the entire world has. They are a data security company that will give the power of data back to the users instead of large corporations. All while essentially eliminate data breaches. With a platform that will positively affect everyday of my life, it is easy to be invested in them.

But I want to know your thoughts! In it just for the money?
No it is not just for money ,in bitcoin you can have your experience and job. That is why bitcoin is not just for money. Bitcoin is also about enjoying your life with your family while working an earning so much money using the less of your time and the less of your effort. That is why bitcoin is so essential
HARRYscotter

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 11:22:55 PM

I would say 95% of the people do it for the money and don't care about the projects. I have a 4 projects that I really care about but others I get in and out for the money.

██████████  ✔  PoSToken - First PoS Smart Contract Token - Get Your Free Tokens Now!
█     PoSToken    █  ✔  Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO  ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
██████████  ✔  ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper
theguy217

Activity: 76
Merit: 14

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 11:25:18 PM

90% of the people who invest in ICOs including me are usually in just for the profits.
Nothing else.

Even if the project is amazing bla bla bla but still what's important is: Will I make money over here or check another one ?
ldah94

Activity: 350
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 11:45:53 PM

In my opinion I believe that when investing is very important that the project you like and you see a beneficial end but there is another thing that should be linked to this, is to know who are the ones who will develop it who make up part of the team, meet them and look for them in the networks and if they are people who are attentive to answer every doubt that we have.
strategikcrypto (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 12:27:51 AM

Great answers everyone! Along with losing money, is there ever a feeling of disappointment when a project doesn't turn out successful? Of course everyone hates losing money, but are there times when you're disappointed that the tech won't be available to the public at full scale?
Nerman

Activity: 364
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 12:40:25 AM

Well the reason we invest is for the money, but still before I invest on an ICO or any type of investment it is important that you research about the company. Thats for investing only for trading it is totally different as long as it seems that i will make a profit, i will buy it.

I only invested in two ICO and hoping to have a great ROI.
stronghands4lyfe

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 12:50:06 AM

I think everybody is in it for the money but just for the money? No not me and I dont even like many ICOs to begin with. I invest sparingly into ICOs because you generally get failed promises and nothing more

Soutogu

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:11:01 AM

It is not the money that attracted me to cryptocurrencies at first. I really believe in the technology and potential it has to disrupt our society and economy in the future, money is just an added bonus we can (hopefully) earn on the way there Smiley
Fundamentals Of

Activity: 2310
Merit: 366

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:35:49 AM

When investing in ICOs, are there times when you invest for a high ROI but don't really care for the cause behind the project? Or do you only invest when you believe the project has a strong use case and feel personally attached?

I am new to BitcoinTalk but I am not new to investing. With all my investments, my criteria is whether I believe in the idea and whether it is something the world needs. In other words, if I don't feel personally invested in the idea, then I won't be investing my money.

For example, there is a new project called Protex and I invested in their pre-sale because I believe they are going to solve a major issue the entire world has. They are a data security company that will give the power of data back to the users instead of large corporations. All while essentially eliminate data breaches. With a platform that will positively affect everyday of my life, it is easy to be invested in them.

But I want to know your thoughts! In it just for the money?

Most people here would be considering the bounty as their priority over the cause of the project they are promoting. It is not really bad because they are here to receive bounty in return to their tasks. But it would be much better if their hearts and minds are also where their project is. I am personally a believer of the project whose signature I am wearing right now. Aside from the bounty that I am expecting, I strongly agree with their main objectives. 
Dodoymabs

Activity: 602

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:47:07 AM

Yeah for real, people build business to earn profit.Like ICO if its successful then it will be alot of profit to be earn.There really thinking of the money but in a way that ina good for humanity.
GUI_Center

Activity: 72

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 02:05:35 AM

While I have put in some money hoping to gain a profit, I am also extremely interested in the tech. Getting to watch it grow and evolve is exciting and I will hopefully get to use it in the near future in one way or another for a legitimate reason. Exciting times. Worried about the amount of scams and shit coins floating out there. Hopefully they get weeded out and the real coins and tokens survive.

Agozyen

Activity: 672
Merit: 252

Until the end

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 02:17:04 AM

I like the tech that drives Cryptocurrency.  I find it fascinating.  However, I would probably think better if I were driving a Lamborghini. Seriously though, any disruptive tech that challenges the status quo is okay by me.
strategikcrypto (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 03:32:38 AM

Of course when investing you would love a great ROI but I was interested to see if that's the main criteria people are looking for. I love the mix reaction and people are as invested in the tech as they are the profits.
Darklinkz

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 07:40:39 AM

It's a business so when you invest, you are expecting roi. I know it's not just an investment and it promises a greater use  in the future technology but  the bottom line is still the profit. The profit is what both drives the devs and the investors to do it.
r_delossa

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 08:26:41 AM

I believe that it not about all,  when I choose the project for investment, I look what is its purpose, what it can give a new, unique to the world, how can it changes the human world..
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: