Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 12:04:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin a worthy investment is it a safe currency?  (Read 701 times)
Jhayden031012 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 07:15:51 AM

I have read a lot of articles about BTC however i am still indoubt if i will start investing. Can someone explain to me much further on how BTC works?

Thank you so much guys!
tgPowell

Activity: 26

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 07:55:04 AM

If U read a lot of articles please ask more specific questions. The global question "how does bitcoin work" will not cause anything other than links to articles you've probably read
Opquar

Activity: 385
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 09:43:38 AM

It's relatively safe. If you look at the graphs if its value, you'd see that it hasn't really stopped growing, and this is pretty much just the beginning. There's still a very real possibility that you'd lose all your money though, so start off with a small investment, then double up once you have the hang of it.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 6188

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:11:12 AM

In simple terms? We have a limited supply of 21 million, and more investors are coming each day, do the math.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Serjosvejo

Activity: 9

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:35:30 AM

It's safe if you just buy a lot and forget at least for one year. And mind you bussiness after that! IMHO
masonli@M_27

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 12:30:27 PM

I have read a lot of articles about BTC however i am still indoubt if i will start investing. Can someone explain to me much further on how BTC works?

Thank you so much guys!

yeah investing in bit coin really good opportunity  you have to invest in this bit coin trading and get rich. most of the people want to invest in this coins. first you have to search in coinmarketcap.com web site see in that coin price present in the market later you have to invest. seriously bit coin has great demand so try to invest in this coin. bit coin investment is more safe and secure so try to invest in to this.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 3866

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:30:53 PM

You said you have already read a lot about bitcoin. Can you specify what exactly did you not understand on how bitcoin works? Just so we know specifically what you don't understand.

To simply answer your question, if you still doubt bitcoin after reading a lot, then simply don't invest in it. No one is forcing you to. At least you're doing the right thing by not investing just because everyone is investing.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Moz90

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 03:22:46 PM

investing in anything is a risk,  only put in what you're willing to lose. Bitcoin is safe but anything can happen keep that in mind
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 03:35:22 PM

Thank you so much guys!
Its very safe. Problem is no computer system/program in the world is 100% secure.
Bitcoin is resillent, because it can be quickly fixed if needed.
ROB18

Activity: 380
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 03:46:29 PM

investing in anything is a risk,  only put in what you're willing to lose. Bitcoin is safe but anything can happen keep that in mind

I totally agree, investing is really a risky thing.  The only question is, are you willing to risk and how much risk can you tolerate.  Well, bitcoin it not an exception. At the current situation, bitcoin earning potential is high so the risk is high.

███   ████     Bitgesell's first yearly halving is coming in less than a month!     ████   ███
B I T G E S E L L      BUY BGL/USDT NOW AT DIGIFINEX
██               ████████     •     Telegram     •     Twitter     •     ████████               ██
fistteam

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 03:55:01 PM

bitcoin is a valuable coin but it is not a gold or dola currency but its value is so much gold at the moment i write this it is priced at $ 5600 but its price will also Fluctuating like gold or dola. The path of bitcoin is to generate a bitcoin every year and by 2140 it will release all 21 million coin because of its high security, so the holder of the private key will have all the coins. In addition, bitcoin is also the main coin to exchange with other coin on the exchange
p3rplexamous

Activity: 95
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 04:39:50 PM

I always tell people thinking about investing the same thing.  Only put in the money you can afford to lose.  And once you put it in, pretend like you dont have it.  You can check on it from time to time, and keep learning about Bitcoin and blockchain technologies, but never put in more money than you can lose.  If you do this, then the volatility in the short term wont matter, and in the long term, IMO the price will keep going up as it has since the beginning.  Good luck.

I have also added some of my favorite resources to learn more below in case you are interested in diving deeper into the topic.

Reddit:
A multi reddit with some of the best subreddits revolving Bitcoin and crypto currencies - https://www.reddit.com/user/P3rplex/m/digitalcurrency/

Coursera: Princeton Universities Crypto Currency and Blockchain course.  Its free and has TONS of great videos.  Great place to start.
https://www.coursera.org/learn/cryptocurrency

Podcasts:
Unchained - My favorite and best produced - https://www.forbes.com/podcasts/unchained/

Lets Talk Bitcoin - https://letstalkbitcoin.com/ (this is more like a channel that has a bunch of different podcast producers shows on it.  Some are better than others)

The Investors Podcast, We Study Billionaires - https://www.theinvestorspodcast.com/ (this one is not only about cryptocurrencies, but has some good episodes about them, like this one https://www.theinvestorspodcast.com/episodes/bitcoin-mastermind-charlie-lee-tuur-demeester/ )

NPR’s RadioLab - Not only about cryptocurrencies but has a good episode about one of them - http://www.radiolab.org/story/ceremony/

NPR’s Planet Money - Not only about cryptocurrencies but has a good episode about one of them http://www.npr.org/sections/money/2016/06/29/484029238/episode-708-bitcoin-divided or http://www.npr.org/sections/money/2017/02/10/514577243/episode-753-blockchain-gang

Joe Rogan Podcast - Not only about cryptocurrencies but has a good episode about one of them
http://podbay.fm/show/360084272/e/1390877423?autostart=1
http://podbay.fm/show/360084272/e/1473292089?autostart=1

Youtube:
1. This guy does a great job explaining all things crypto in an easy to digest way.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCggNMXYug_4DYFWniw7EfjA

2. This young programmer does a pretty good job of diving into some topics and easy to understand.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrYmtJBtLdtm2ov84ulV-yg

3. Andreas Antonopolus’s youtube channel, this guy is a well versed Bitcoin advocate that has a shit ton of talks about a variety of topics surrounding Bitcoin, and although the quality is not great, he does a good job of explaining it.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJWCJCWOxBYSi5DhCieLOLQ

4.  This guy produces videos daily and since he is in England, they are up prior to you waking up.  Some higher level topics and news.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLnQ34ZBSjy2JQjeRudFEDw
thedarksun

Activity: 639
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:35:32 PM

Thank you so much guys!
The limited amount of currency that will be mine once makes mathematically calculating the way and speed of coin development we have a chance to make a big profit in the future.
Deathgamer

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 12:35:46 PM

Thank you so much guys!

Bitcoin has reached all new heights, attracting the interest of investors and non-investors alike. Many people are more interested in trying to snag a piece of this crypto-currency’s astronomical gains than really enjoy the unique attributes of an anonymous digital money and this is really a safe currency that alot of people needs to know.
spinach98

Activity: 98

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 12:39:49 PM

It's safe if you just buy a lot and forget at least for one year. And mind you bussiness after that! IMHO

Bitcoin has reached all new heights, attracting the interest of investors and non-investors alike. Many people are more interested in trying to snag a piece of this crypto-currency’s astronomical gains than really enjoy the unique attributes of an anonymous digital money and this is a, safe currency that most of need to know.
peterthegreat

Activity: 387
Merit: 250

Presale is live!

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 02:42:16 PM

Bitcoin is the most worthy investment available today. Look how well it's been performing and getting better since it's inception. It is because it's a better long term store of value than gold and fiat.

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
Whitepaper
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN Thread

██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██

Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1353

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 03:00:29 PM

Worthy investment? Yes, if you're looking to commit to it for the next 2-3 years. Safe currency? No currency can be safe from exploits and money laundering. Personally I like bitcoin because of the sense of security it offers through the blockchain technology. It cannot be replicated instantly, and nothing can be created out of thin air causing my own bitcoins to devalue because of that. It is sensible to at least hold bitcoin for the next 2-3 years, but anything longer than that you would need to invest on something that holds intrinsic value.
SupportBitcoin

Activity: 151

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2017, 07:00:50 PM

It is a great time to invest in Bitcoin. It's still young and there is plenty more opportunity. You will look back wishing that you did! I know many people right now are having that same thought when you could spend 10000 Bitcoin on a pizza when it was first introduced!

██ ███ ████ █████ ██████  _______SupportBitcoin.com_______   ██████ █████ ████ ███ ██
COMING SOON FEBRUARY 10, 2018
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
waniowski
Copper Member

Activity: 588
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2017, 09:10:38 PM

Mr B.Gates is saying that bitcoin is a future, so does Mr R.Branson
so there must be something in it

Borderless trading with the Jarvis Exchanges.
Buy Apple stocks with Bitcoin. Jarvis.exchange
nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2017, 10:56:53 PM

Yes, and no. Yes, It is extremely unlikely bitcoin will ever fall below 1 or 2k now but it might. Which is why you should only invest what you are able to afford to lose. Do not put your life savings into bitcoin because if it does drop you'll be in financial danger.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: