Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:46:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A decentralised marketplace for computing  (Read 310 times)
Emeleum (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 08:42:23 AM

Hello guys,

Actors like Google cloud or Amazon Web Service control most of the computing market today and charge us ridiculous prices. We think it is time for a user-friendly platform that charges you the right price : the price of the computing resources you have used.
What do you think ?
Aamir1

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:53:51 AM

It would actually be great to have a cloud server offering its services in return of Bitcoin. Maybe there are already such services accepting Bitcoin but i have never seen one. The time when i used to use VPS, i did not know anything about Bitcoin, and i used to just try the services with trials and never bought one, but now when i know about Bitcoin, in fact, i have Bitcoin, if there will be a platform that would offer them accepting Bitcoins, i would love to use them in future if needed.
Jating

Activity: 2940
Merit: 808

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 12:38:17 PM

It would actually be great to have a cloud server offering its services in return of Bitcoin. Maybe there are already such services accepting Bitcoin but i have never seen one. The time when i used to use VPS, i did not know anything about Bitcoin, and i used to just try the services with trials and never bought one, but now when i know about Bitcoin, in fact, i have Bitcoin, if there will be a platform that would offer them accepting Bitcoins, i would love to use them in future if needed.

Same here, I haven't seen anyone yet that accepts bitcoin. I used a lot of VPS services since 2009 with my different project before, so I would really appreciate if there's someone out there accepting bitcoin as mode of payment.

Hello guys,

Actors like Google cloud or Amazon Web Service control most of the computing market today and charge us ridiculous prices. We think it is time for a user-friendly platform that charges you the right price : the price of the computing resources you have used.
What do you think ?

I agree. Since those two are really dominating and has total market monopoly, its really hard to buy because they are charging ridiculous prices. But if there's someone out there who can offer us a lower price specially with bitcoin, I think they will find it a good competition and maybe lower their prices soon.
HeRetiK
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 2092

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 01:22:07 PM

Same here, I haven't seen anyone yet that accepts bitcoin. I used a lot of VPS services since 2009 with my different project before, so I would really appreciate if there's someone out there accepting bitcoin as mode of payment.

There's a couple of VPS hosters that accept Bitcoin, however they are not all necessarily cheap.

Yohost.org -- Privacy focused hosting, rather expensive option.

Namecheap.com -- Mostly known for selling domains, but also offers VPS hosting, amongst other things.

Bithost.io -- DigitalOcean reseller that accepts BTC. Supposedly closely related to DigitalOcean, but you'd have to take Bithost's word for that I guess. Cheapest option.

Yohost and Namecheap are not exactly flexible in their billing, as you can't just spin up an instance for an hour and just be billed that and nothing more. We could definitely need more flexible cloud hosting providers that accept crypto.
Karimeen

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:15:55 PM

A decentralized market place for computing is the technology that gives people the ability to participate in online commerce i.e; completely different from traditional centralized mode. Decentralized markets are having buyers and sellers connect directly;this is done by the help of computer using digital currencies that is bitcoin payment.These are done by large companies like Amazon,e-bay,Alibaba etc:. the benefits of decentralized trade occurs directly between the buyers and sellers only, no middleman is required. the market is only dependent on having a computer and internet.There are multiple ways to prevent fraud in decentralized markets,they centers around a unique feature of bitcoin called multi-signature transactions.
Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 11:11:13 PM

Hello guys,

What do you think ?

On paper, both google cloud and amazon web services could be impossible to compete with.

There are reasons for this.

#1  Both google and amazon receive tax breaks & other benefits on their cloud centers. In some cases, the construction costs of the buildings which house their server rooms and other liabilities are paid for by the state.

#2  Both google and amazon buy their hardware in very high quantities to take advantage of lower wholesale prices.

A small business with less than $1 million to spend which lacks the above advantages could have a difficult time competing with either google or amazon in terms of cloud computing.

It could be cool if someone could do it. I would definitely support that. Not the easiest goal to accomplish, however.
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 11:35:16 AM

With the passage of time, things are getting in very much favor of bitcoin. There are so many people who are getting awareness about bitcoin. This is increasing not only the number of investors who are investing in bitcoin but is also increasing the usage of bitcoin.

There are so many places where you can easily get anything you like by just giving away your bitcoins like that of online shopping stores etc.

lite
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 03:30:06 PM

Well, there's no decentralized hosting/computing yet, maybe in 2018 there will be one or two. i'm keeping an eye on sonm and substratum, these two projects really interest me.

There's a couple of VPS hosters that accept Bitcoin, however they are not all necessarily cheap.

Yohost.org -- Privacy focused hosting, rather expensive option.

Namecheap.com -- Mostly known for selling domains, but also offers VPS hosting, amongst other things.

Bithost.io -- DigitalOcean reseller that accepts BTC. Supposedly closely related to DigitalOcean, but you'd have to take Bithost's word for that I guess. Cheapest option.

Yohost and Namecheap are not exactly flexible in their billing, as you can't just spin up an instance for an hour and just be billed that and nothing more. We could definitely need more flexible cloud hosting providers that accept crypto.
I heard vultr is also accepting bitcoin.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: