Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 07:19:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone here living full time on cryptocurrencies? Can you give guidance?  (Read 1171 times)
KourtneyK

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:30:47 PM

i am not, and i don't think if anyone is really doing it is going to come out and give you numbers, publicly!

and you shouldn't even ask these questions about specific "numbers" either in my experience.

if you want to really start living full time on cryptocurrencies, aka by trading them, then i suggest starting small and starting now. start trading, investing or however else you already know to earn money. invest  a small amount of money. a couple of hundreds should suffice.
then after a couple of months (6 for example) come back and reevaluate your performance in the past months. if you earned enough profit (%) to be satisfied then go bigger an go full time.

otherwise just have it as a secondary option, you'll sleep better at nights. trust me.

This here says it all, experience is the best learning skill when you go for trading. Just follow what this one has to say and you'll be a great trader in 6 months or so.
t3hpwnographer

Activity: 196
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 03:04:02 PM

I think it's nice to dream about becoming the Warren Buffett of crypto, but I don't think that will happen without a sizable initial investment and lots of time to get very in-depth with different markets.

Personally, I gave myself a couple hundred dollars to start playing around with and see where I could take it. If I lose it all it won't hurt me, but if I manage to do well I can continue to trade and invest without adding more of my income from my "real" job until I feel much more comfortable. I think with enough trading savvy and maybe a little mining on the side I should be able to grow my investment and increase my spending money, though I don't see quitting my job to do this full time as a viable option.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 03:17:04 PM

Is there anyone here that is making money full time in the cryptospace?  If so, can you help guide with below questions?

> What is the minimum investment a newbie needs?
> How do you select an investment?
> Do you HODL or day-trade?
> If you day-trade - how do you pick a coin that is day-trade worthy?

Thank you in advance for your time and help!

Not yet, but I will be getting all of my income exclusively out of working with crypto in the near future.
I have a job offer waiting with a start-up that will bring a form of crypto-currency to certain countries in Africa.

Apart from that I do earn a little bit from investments in Bitcoin and some altcoins, but it wouldn't be enough to live on.

Also signature earnings, but that's barely enough for anyone to live on Tongue

bummm

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 04:03:48 PM

I not live fully on cryptocurrencies. But I know few people and heard a lot people that receive huge money for this year.
So many crypto rised this year like 1000-2000%.

So. The idea is to invest in many cryptocurrencies and in next global pump you can be rich and then you become full time!
Sketztrophonic

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 04:38:54 PM

Is there anyone here that is making money full time in the cryptospace?  If so, can you help guide with below questions?

If you have enough money to invest. Atleast 200$ minimum. If you want to invest make sure you don't go on a ponzi scheme site there are a lot of them on the internet better invest that in bitcoin then go to trading sections. There you can learn the basic strategy on how to get profit in trading.
Similificator

Activity: 882
Merit: 403

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:18:06 PM

There is no such thing as minimum and maximum when it comes to investing. The only limit is your willingness to gamble. And how much you can afford to gamble.

Well, in the crypto world, you can either go with the well known and get a bit sure profits, or go with ICOs. Niw when you go with ICOs, the most important thing to consider are the developers of the project. Search about them, and if they hapoen to have bad reputations or feedbacks, then turn a 180degrees away from the ICO.

I do both to maximize profits.

I look at the charts and trust my gut feeling.
It is something not teachable, can only be learned by experience.

-hope this helps.
LeonardoDiCrypto

Activity: 340
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:54:02 PM

I'm looking forward to achieve this. Of course it takes time to understand which are the actions that make you earn money and those which make you lose it. But that's life.
meisha

Activity: 69
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:19:15 AM

I'm trying to earn a living from crypto, tired of working. My plan is to find a masternode crypto that is still in it's earlier stages so that i can buy in really cheaply than in the future when it increases in value and i have my masternode up and running i will have a decent fixed income. I have been scouting all the new masternode coins for a few months.

I'd love to do this but it's difficult to find a masternode coin that's still cheap but has some kind of confidence.  I know with confidence will come the price but dropping $10,000+ on a masternode that could die over a year is a bit too risky for me.

Yes me too. I'm looking for ones that cost $5000 max. There are a few that are around the $1000 mark but they would need to increase a lot in value to be viable. I was looking at chain coin, linda, crave , desire and a few other newer ones.
AverageGlabella
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1080

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:30:54 AM

The only way this would be possible is by day trading. Which can be very risky in the market of alt coins. I wouldn't recommend if you know nothing about economics and trading.
btcney

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 10:01:29 AM

1. No minimums. You can literally start with any amount you wish, especially if you are buying coins to hold for the long term. For instance doge is only worth around 19 sats per DOGE right now and it's easy to rake up 10000 DOGES for like $15, yet still be able to make a decent profit.

2. Experience and common sense.

3. I hold. Day trading takes away too much in terms of fees and time.

4. Something that is constantly volatile or you are able to trade the spread since it is static.
Moz90

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 10:39:08 AM

I am not a full time trader yet but I would say only invest what you're willing to lose. Selecting investments would mean you need to look at the project, whitepaper, figures, road map, team etc. Some coins are for hodling and some can be used for day trading. For day trading keep an eye on whats being released onto exchanges, watch some specifinc ones everyday and see  how it rises up and down. Learn how to use the graphs to your advantage (something I have not learnt yet)
0t3p0t

Activity: 1596
Merit: 357

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 10:40:34 AM

I think majority of the people here are making money also full time in this cryptospace and I am one of them. The minimum investment needed for a newbie depends on how much he or she can afford to lose but I recommend small amount as a starting point. Selecting an investment needs time and effort in making intensive research on a specific investment you are into most especially in altcoins and ICO's but If you invest in coins I suggest the top ten or top five on coinmarketcap. In my case, I do holding coins mostly top five altcoins. Since I don't give a try on day trading maybe you can ask for help on other members here in Bitcointalk and there are really lots of pro traders here.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
coingrow

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 10:50:31 AM

I know of someone who started with 2000 USD back in 2013 and has made a living trading cryptos. Now this guy has over 1000 bitcoins and is super good with charts. What i have learned from him is not to get too greedy and take out profits in time.

FreedomCoin

Activity: 675
Merit: 507

Freedom to choose

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 10:56:50 AM
Last edit: October 25, 2017, 01:40:52 PM by FreedomCoin

I would suggest finding an altcoin that will goto the moon, something with at least 10x gain potential.

Put as much as you can stomach in the initial buy and hold. If it does go up 10x which many do, pull the funds out in dollar or whatever you use in your country. Pay your taxes on it and then roll the gains into a mutual fund with dividends.

Then use the dividends every few months to buy more crypto, and establish a long term / short term fund. And start dollar cost averaging back into crypto.

This is not trading advise, make your down decisions.

dx_twisted

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 10:56:58 AM

For starters, I'll advice to invest for about $50 to $100. The reason for this is having a flexibility on scattering what you invest and not just focus on a single alt coin. If you are going into an ICO (initial coin offering) then the same rule I created also applies, add to the fact that if the ICO is very very cheap then you should be able to buy more.

For trading, I just don't rush and buy when a certain coin is going down for a few days, I observe for at least a week or two, much better months and be aware for the news and whats going on into the crypto world as such factors must be behind the reason why a coin is going down.

If going to an ICO, I research first the capability or resume of that development team (achievements that they achieved and past succesful projects), if not available or lacking of info then walk through their roadmap or whitepapers so you could feel or have a hint if the dev team is really serious about their project.

As per my past experience, I prefer HODL rather than day-trade. My simple reason is when it comes to day trading, the increase isn't really enough for the profit I'm looking for also you'll also be spending for the transaction fees which might affect the profit or much worse is rather than gaining you are at a loss.

Like what I've said earlier, day trading will only be compatible, if looking for a small profit. A day-trade coin worthy are known ones which charts, graphs, stats are already available so you can read or monitor them when is the right time buy or sell. Lastly, a coin when there's too many activity (buy and sell transactions).

rizkyhiw
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 11:04:23 AM

I know of someone who started with 2000 USD back in 2013 and has made a living trading cryptos. Now this guy has over 1000 bitcoins and is super good with charts. What i have learned from him is not to get too greedy and take out profits in time.
That's gonna be a different story if people keep comparing themselves to an early adopter ,
5 or 8 years ago was a golden opportunity to make a non sense investment which can turn your 1,000 dollar to 6 million dollar ,
Now you can only regret it , but don't worry , if you have some skills like selling digital stuff around intertnet and use bitcoin as payment processor , then i think you can make a living with bitcoin by consider it as a currency and spend it in your business transaction.
Sewarlock

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 12:35:18 PM

There is no "minimum", it's not like stock brokers where you need a minimum of e.g. ten thousand dollars to open a broker account. That's one of the beautiful things about cryptocurrencies, anyone can get involved as much as you can, you can invest one dollar or one billion, it's up to you.

Researching and reading whitepapers, search on Google for ICO's - you'll find a list with upcoming projects. Make sure to check each of them and see if the idea appeals to you, if it does, dig deeper into it and read the whitepaper / ask questions to the community and founds about the project.

Hodl for your life.

I don't day trade.
deadsilent

Activity: 1148
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:18:18 PM

What is the minimum investment a newbie needs?

Did you mean here in this forum? If yes, the answer is no. Forum is for free. You don't have to pay anything.

I make sure that the investment i joined is not scam. On ICOs. I always carefully study their whitepaper, roadmap and developer team. Just to be sure that the investment i joined is a legitimate and not scam ICO. I avoid HYIPs. Theyre all scams.

Im more on HODL that day trade. Because it's safer than day trade. Im a student and day trade needs a lot of attention. It's time consuming because you have to monitor everything to make profits. Im holding some IOTA on my bag right now. Im going to keep it until next year.

Well, i usually looking at the news. It's very helpful tool and give you idea what altcoin could possibly pump in the future.  Also i have joined a group from telegram which gives me signal what altcoin is good to buy.

Sid3d

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:32:42 PM

I'm trying to earn a living from crypto, tired of working. My plan is to find a masternode crypto that is still in it's earlier stages so that i can buy in really cheaply than in the future when it increases in value and i have my masternode up and running i will have a decent fixed income. I have been scouting all the new masternode coins for a few months.
I also want to work full day. Maybe even leave with my current job. At the moment I work as a pharmacist, but bounties bring me more money. So, that's worth it.
sindikat

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:36:24 PM

It seems to me that it is not necessary to leave a permanent job. Yes indeed you can earn income from trading on the exchange more than the basic work but we should not forget that those coins that you earned someone lost. Why do you think that you'll never those who are losing coins?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: