Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:41:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: buying asic even worth it?  (Read 3602 times)
w00dy

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 02:03:19 PM

Buy ONE USB Block Erupter to help keep the network distributed and secure, use the rest of your funds to buy bitcoin.
You sound like a marketer. Hoping to find people who cannot do math.

You are missing the Point.

He should get one little Block Erupter _to support the network_  (NOT to get rich or mine for profit FFS!)
and get Bitcoins for the bulk of his Fiat _to support the whole Bitcoin Economy_.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
w00dy

Activity: 96

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 03:38:00 PM

He should get one little Block Erupter _to support the network_  (NOT to get rich or mine for profit FFS!)
If you want "to support the network", you can buy burnin. Same price, 3* faster. You'll support the network 3 times more :-)
Besides, you can also "support the network" using your smartphone, or by just computing hashes by hand - it doesn't matter if you have 300Mh/s, 1Mh/s or 1h/min. Thank you for making a 51% attack 50.9999999999999999% attack.
You bought into the marketing slogan and believe in it. Congratulations. Math doesn't support you.

If you know better ways which are just as easy to get and use, why not telling me, the OP and all of us instead of babbling this smartphone mining nonsense, how i fall for a marketing slogan or what not...

This is not helping anyone and a shitty style.  Undecided
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 02:23:13 AM

Buy ONE USB Block Erupter to help keep the network distributed and secure, use the rest of your funds to buy bitcoin.
It's only distributed if you mine using p2pool. Anyway, those USB sticks are slow and massively overpriced.

stayhomedad1

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 04:54:05 AM

this is actually a pretty good idea for the OP and all of us in the big picture.  Smiley

+1
Those that mine must turn over enough to pay for the watts to create them, thus there is a need for someone to buy those coins.  Gold miners cant eat gold, and if no one is buying no one is mining.
rudrigorc2
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 04:55:46 AM

I think people should stop buying asics for now until they can actually have something ready to deliver with better prices
otherwise you are just funding the mining operation for those guys
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1754

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 11:26:03 AM

I think people should stop buying asics for now until they can actually have something ready to deliver with better prices
otherwise you are just funding the mining operation for those guys

+1, these interest free loans where the customer shoulders most of the risk and the company makes a metric fuck ton of profit is bullshit and getting old real fast.  You want capitol to start your business or project get INVESTORS or a business LOAN, quit calling the, pre-order customers FFS.  I mean for the love of fucking christ they are not even offering deposits with completed payment when shipping is happening they demand full payment pre-order.

But on the flip side people keep throwing money at these guys what are they supposed to do?  From a business POV miners are a wet dream come true, low to no risk using FREE OPM.

What I personally find so interesting is miners are funding (for free) the product that will make them less ROI every month.  It's a classic arms race for the same daily coins.  The ones making the real bank here are the manufactures.

I will say that off all the manufactures currently shipping (or that have shipped) the one that did this right was ASICMINER, I commend them for calling the money they took an investment.  While I don't agree with the auctions or the last retail pricing, they have every right in this free market to charge what customers are willing to pay.  They took investments and sold shares +1, waited to take orders and payment for a retail product until it was on the shelf ready to ship +10.

Note: I have no ASIC miners currently and none on order with anyone (I GPU mine LTC currently).  I will not be investing in ASIC hardware until the price makes a lot more sense and until a vendor has a product that I can get in a week or two max.  I assume this will happen eventually, how long till that happens is the million dollar question (or maybe never and I don't know), I am guessing early to mid 2014 but LOL that's just a stupid guess!
coinedBit

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 12:00:08 PM

the problem are all those delivery delays and fraudulent schedules, because of mining difficulty increasing over time, i.e. you should in theory be entitled to actually sue ASIC manufacturers who cannot keep their schedules, because it makes a huge difference if you are getting your unit 3-6 months late or not - just check historical mining difficulty for the scheduled delivery month, and then check the estimated difficulty for the "likely" day of delivery. That alone, should allow people to team up and sue vendors, especially in litigious places like the US
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 10:02:28 AM

no, we are at the point where chips itself, cost already too much
junglist.massive

Activity: 759
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 10:15:18 AM

If you have a opportunity buy it
you can allways resell it on ebay to some newbee
rudrigorc2
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 10:33:45 AM

If you have a opportunity buy it
you can allways resell it on ebay to some newbee

This is the kind of people we want avoid, which side are you at? Do you work in a bank?
247saver

Activity: 77

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 09:38:02 PM

+1
SGExodus

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 05:23:42 AM

It is worth buying if you can get them at less than 2BTC per GHs and the product can be shipped within the next 45 days.   
Eastwind

Activity: 896

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 09:06:56 AM

It is worth buying if you can get them at less than 2BTC per GHs and the product can be shipped within the next 45 days.   

I agree.
GigaWave

Activity: 239
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 03:10:16 PM

+1

Just a FYI, as those things seem to be selling so well. I hope people buying them are only buying them to support the network and not to make money. Because if they are being bought to make money, I have this great deal on some plain old air I'd like to sell you.
lucasjkr

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 04:33:02 PM

Funny, it seems to me that a Jalapeno, for instance, will be well profitable even if/when difficulty is 10x higher than it is today, supposing BTC/USD stays stable...
coinedBit

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 04:46:00 PM

care to elaborate why ?
lucasjkr

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 05:07:02 PM

care to elaborate why ?

What do you mean?

http://www.alloscomp.com/bitcoin/calculator

This estimates that at 4.5 GH, 19339258.2724 difficulty and $108.55 USD/BTC, the jalapeno will generate 3.56 BTC/month or $386 in month 1. Even at 10x difficulty, that's $38.6 per month.

another, more extensive calculator, http://www.bitcoinx.com/profit/

This one reports 0.13 BTC/day.

i haven't a clue what the final power numbers are for the jalapeno, but if it draws 100w and electricity is $.15/kwh, then what, power will cost a whole 36 cents per day? Not too bad...  so yes, even if difficulty goes up by 10x, i'll be well past paid back for the unit and will bring in $35+/month...
markyminer

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 08:00:33 PM

care to elaborate why ?

What do you mean?

http://www.alloscomp.com/bitcoin/calculator

This estimates that at 4.5 GH, 19339258.2724 difficulty and $108.55 USD/BTC, the jalapeno will generate 3.56 BTC/month or $386 in month 1. Even at 10x difficulty, that's $38.6 per month.

another, more extensive calculator, http://www.bitcoinx.com/profit/

This one reports 0.13 BTC/day.

i haven't a clue what the final power numbers are for the jalapeno, but if it draws 100w and electricity is $.15/kwh, then what, power will cost a whole 36 cents per day? Not too bad...  so yes, even if difficulty goes up by 10x, i'll be well past paid back for the unit and will bring in $35+/month...

A jalapeno produces a minimum of 5 G/H (via two chips rather than 4.5 G/H from one as initially planned) and uses 30w, 5w per G/H is the current BFL chip power draw. They may improve slightly in the future.

M

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
.JINBI..

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
...T H E   G O L D E N   I C O...
.────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────.
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
Pinwheel

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 06:21:11 AM

I have 22 asicminer eruptors blades with this 19 mils difficulty it will make 180 btc per month, why is not worth it?
Last month I made more then 200btc. There is also other cryptos like terracoins, I mined terra and then sold it for btc and profit higher then mining btc. And last not least I have blades and I can sale it. But who will sale something what making profit. ASICminers will be profitable for long time. Next generation miners here in August, BitFury tested prototype chip and it worked fine. Many people will drop mining ideas those who stay will upgrade their hardware, when needed and will continue making money.

Tom Waits: We should just start as soon as possible cause we might catch a rabbit before we have our pants on. (Juxtapoz)
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 08:03:24 AM

cuz 22 blades  cost 900 btc?
5 months ROI?
a no no?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: