Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:24:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I sell my BTCs now aft the BTG hard fork has occured?  (Read 278 times)
Mcdoodle (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 11:38:15 AM

Hi all,

Since the hard fork had occured, is it safe to start selling or trading my BTCs? Bcoz it is stated that we need to secure the BTCs at the point of hard fork. Can anyone share where to get firm answers on this coz no one seem to be able to answer this.

Thanks in advance.
admissions

Activity: 107
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 11:40:46 AM

Once a fork has happened I believe you are free to move your coins around and sell them if you need be. But I would recommend waiting a day to prevent any hiccups.
CodyAlfaridzi

Activity: 1708
Merit: 541

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 11:44:41 AM

Yes. If your address has a balance on block 491407 (snapshot) you should be able to claim it later when the network has launched. I guess this is also the reason why BTC price drops to $5500 earlier today, that is people selling BTC back to fiat/altcoin after the snapshot was taken.
equator
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 01:38:25 PM

Yes. If your address has a balance on block 491407 (snapshot) you should be able to claim it later when the network has launched. I guess this is also the reason why BTC price drops to $5500 earlier today, that is people selling BTC back to fiat/altcoin after the snapshot was taken.

Ya it is true that the price got crashed due to BTG hardfork happened but i am still in doubt that the date was given as 25th oct 2017 but yobit started trading on 23rd oct 2017 and now OP is telling that the HardFork has happened so can anyone tell whether the BTG hardfork happened or not. So that i can also transfer my bitcoins and claim the BTG coins
fulmetal08larz

Activity: 476
Merit: 124

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:08:48 PM

In my opinion, selling your Bitcoin now after the hard fork occurred is a bad idea because as you can see, the trend is beginning to go down and it is in consolidation process. I recommend you wait a few days before you take profit. Accumulate as much bitcoin as you can now if you have the buying power. But, if you have already gained enough profit or have reached your goal/target price, you are free to sell your bitcoin now and enjoy your hard earned money.
Swenna

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 03:49:22 PM

Hi all,

Since the hard fork had occured, is it safe to start selling or trading my BTCs? Bcoz it is stated that we need to secure the BTCs at the point of hard fork. Can anyone share where to get firm answers on this coz no one seem to be able to answer this.

Thanks in advance.

Well its up to you. There won;t be any problem if you decided to sell or trade your BTC. However, the value of BTC is slowly crashing down after the hard fork. I suggest you hold it for a while and wait for its price to surge up again. As of now, you can focus on altcoins. Some altcoins are slowly having their values pumped.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: