Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 01:10:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you support SegWit2x?  (Voting closed: November 23, 2017, 01:42:59 PM)
Yes. - 4 (40%)
No. - 6 (60%)
Total Voters: 10

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you support SegWit2x?  (Read 356 times)
unistone (OP)

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 01:42:59 PM

As we know, we are all being impacted by the Bitcoin Segwit2x hard fork. I'd like to kindly ask you to vote for yes/no to it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fatlever

Activity: 254
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:10:55 PM

This is not going to prove anything.  People now see Bitcoin forks as a way to get "free money."  As many have already stated, the more forks the better, more free money for me.

These forks are not healthy for Bitcoin in the long run.  At least the BCH fork had some idealism for big blocks, anti-segwit, on-chain scale that had the support of the minority and they bought the coin.  SegWit2X has nothing.  No user support whatsoever.  

An important thing about forking with software, and Bitcon is running software, is that that you have to have a capable team of developers supporting the fork.  SegWit2X has no developers and even Garzik the ONE developer in the whole project is busy working on his own ICO and hasn't done any work in the SegWit2X repo.  

Also another point about Bitcoin forking was that Satoshi had the idea that Haspower would decide the legit Bitcoin chain and the chain that is not profitable to mine would die.  What has happened with BCH is that it has put in an EDA to keep the chain alive, otherwise BCH would be dead with miners following price.  And before you say SegWit2X has ~80%+ haspower, remember Hashpower follows price and will soon follow.

There can only be one Bitcoin

learner 7

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 04:21:29 PM

I do not have technical knowledge, but I understand that sooner or later there comes a time when things need to be improved. And in bitcoin, too, there are imperfections. And it seems that people have learned from the updates to make profit...
Fireblade

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:22:35 PM

I do not have technical knowledge, but I understand that sooner or later there comes a time when things need to be improved. And in bitcoin, too, there are imperfections. And it seems that people have learned from the updates to make profit...
I personally have lack of knowledge about segwet2, but i can expect that everything will be in favour of bitocin. as bitcoin is the first crypto currency and most of the people have more trust on it, therefore we can expect that bitcoin will remain as the number one crypto currency of the world for a long long time. Hope that segwet2 will be in faovour of bitcoin.
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:49:03 PM

This is not going to prove anything.  People now see Bitcoin forks as a way to get "free money."  As many have already stated, the more forks the better, more free money for me.

It's an interesting take, but you're forgetting one thing: Bitcoin Cash had replay protection, and Bitcoin Gold is supposed to have it once launched. BIP148 did not have replay protection, and as of now, neither will Segwit2x.

A hard fork with replay protection is literally free money, since using the legacy chain has no effect on the forked chain. Without replay protection, using money on one chain might mean losing it on the other. This is unprecedented so far. If the Segwit2x fork is as ugly as it could possibly be, many people will lose coins trying to get that "free money." Then, attitudes towards incompatible forks, network splits and replay protection will change.

GreatOrchid
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:58:05 PM

I dont have much knowledge about Segwit2x, but i still like the way that it is happening, but yes, i agree with the other guy who said that everybody sees forks as a way to receive free money, and that is right, because it is happening at the moment and this is the game changer of the moment in the crypto market.
But anyway, i can not say what i think about segwit2, because i dont know much about this, but of course that i agree.
lazygin001

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:45:38 AM

I dont know too much about Segwit2x, but based on history is not a bad thing to Bitcoin. It might have its ups and downs initially but I believe by hard forking it is heading towards a better future.
no0dlepunk

Activity: 490
Merit: 258

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:50:54 AM

I am a hardcore BITCOIN enthusiast and will definitely look at Segwit2x as free money. I wish that the people in the bitcoin community share the same opinion about it... I am wondering how many forks will we have in the next 3 years.
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 02:18:08 AM

I don't support it. I see it as nothing less than a hostile takeover, with the team behind segwit2x pretty much admitting that they want to fire the core development team. We can't let a small subset of the community decide the fate of Bitcoin going forward. This will give them way too much power. The idea behind it does look good on paper, but there are a lot of arguments that say it's not going to play out that way. Thankfully, majority of the community also seem to be against it. It's going to be just another altcoin even with all its backers.

r1a2y3m4

Activity: 504
Merit: 127

Match365> be a part of 150BTC inviting bonus

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 03:04:48 AM

I guess Im gonna support it. A lot of people will not support it because of the complications it will bring like your order on BTC might be replayed or reordered on BTU but there are counter measures for this like not having a transaction at all. I think SegWit2x is an upgrade for bitcoin and sooner or later we will have it. The projected time of this hard fork will be November 18, 2017 and I advised everybody not to have transactions after the fork until they implement a replay protection program. This is what I read on several articles about segwit2x.

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 03:39:29 AM

I don't support it. I see it as nothing less than a hostile takeover, with the team behind segwit2x pretty much admitting that they want to fire the core development team. ...

Right. You don't know where they would take the code next year. It's nothing more or less than a power grab.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: