Bitcoin Forum
July 25, 2024, 01:45:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GUI Miner 0 Shares  (Read 451 times)
Ualati (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 04:38:27 PM

Hi there, I know that this has probably been mentioned elsewhere on the forums, but I thought that I may as well create a topic asking about it while I delve in and sift through all of the information provided.

I'm currently using GUI miner and have connected to various different pools, but each one that I'm connected to will not generate any shares, most of the time it won't even create stale shares (It will sometimes create a stale share upon connecting to a pool, but at no other time) which is a little bit of a problem.

I'm currently using a AMD Radeon HD 6670 to mine with and get a pretty stable rate of 95 Mhash/s and after being connected to Slush's pool for about 8 hours last night it hasn't given me a single share. Now a friend of mine who began mining at the same time as me said she was connected to BTCMP and had roughly 200 shares with only 17 Mhash/s

The question I'm asking is are there any general sort of fixes for this problem, or if there aren't, what information should I provide to help fix it?

EDIT: There's also the large possibility that I'm just being far too impatient and if I am, just tell me!  Tongue
acne

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 04:40:37 PM

I think you need more computer power.
Ualati (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 04:44:02 PM

As in a better PSU, or just a higher Mhash rate, because if it's the second one that's the main reason for my confusion because she has a lower rate than me, but has still managed to get some shares Undecided
Kaepora

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 05:48:05 PM

Hi there, I know that this has probably been mentioned elsewhere on the forums, but I thought that I may as well create a topic asking about it while I delve in and sift through all of the information provided.

I'm currently using GUI miner and have connected to various different pools, but each one that I'm connected to will not generate any shares, most of the time it won't even create stale shares (It will sometimes create a stale share upon connecting to a pool, but at no other time) which is a little bit of a problem.

I'm currently using a AMD Radeon HD 6670 to mine with and get a pretty stable rate of 95 Mhash/s and after being connected to Slush's pool for about 8 hours last night it hasn't given me a single share. Now a friend of mine who began mining at the same time as me said she was connected to BTCMP and had roughly 200 shares with only 17 Mhash/s

The question I'm asking is are there any general sort of fixes for this problem, or if there aren't, what information should I provide to help fix it?

EDIT: There's also the large possibility that I'm just being far too impatient and if I am, just tell me!  Tongue
Please post your settings & connection info. Also open a new tab in GUIMiner go to view-> show console. Start mining and go check that and see what kind of messages you see also.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: