Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 12:01:03 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do i properly manage funds in the non custodial wallet during a hardfork  (Read 245 times)
Savvy7188 (OP)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 02:33:28 PM

can somebody please help me in regards to the hardfork that occurred last night?? I need to know the proper actions to execute looking into this making sure addresses are correct and how to locate any split coins i may have. thank you in advance
neurotypical

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 03:00:13 PM

can somebody please help me in regards to the hardfork that occurred last night?? I need to know the proper actions to execute looking into this making sure addresses are correct and how to locate any split coins i may have. thank you in advance

First of all, where were your coins before the fork and during the fork?

Did you have them on Bitcoin Core? if yes, all you need to do is to create a new wallet.dat file, move all of your coins from your existing wallet.dat to your new wallet.dat (rename the files and don't delete them, just in case).

Now go on and put your empty wallet.dat file on BGold's client. Once synced, you will have access to your coins.

Hint: Copy your "block "folder from your Bitcoin Core folder into the BGold folder so it syncs faster.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: