Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:26:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help with Bitcoin Gold (snapshot query).  (Read 738 times)
2double0 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 04:23:34 PM
Last edit: October 24, 2017, 04:35:45 PM by 2double0

As being unlikely to support either s2x or gold fork, I was not so interested in knowing much about how it was all going to work as someone from my colleagues told me that bitcoin gold won't be distributed the way bch was done. But now I saw that a snapshot was taken yesterday and I had few coins in my blockchain wallet. Now I want to know that is it one of those wallets that agreed to give coins on a 1:1 ratio to their users if they had anything in their wallet during the snapshot?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
neurotypical

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:29:31 PM

As being unlikely to support either s2x or gold fork, I was not so interested in knowing much about how it was all going to work as someone from my colleagues told me that bitcoin gold won't be distributed the way bch was done. But now I saw that a snapshot was taken yesterday and I had few coins in my blockchain wallet. Now I want to know that is it one of those wallets that agreed to give coins on a 1:1 ratio to their users if they had anything in their wallet during the snapshot?

Every competent online wallet should give you 1:1 coins at the time the split happens, but this is not guaranteed, each online wallet and exchange has their own policy.

Remember that the only way to guarantee that you get your coins at an 1:1 ratio is to hold your private keys before the fork happens, otherwise it's anybody's guest. You will need to ask blockchain.info about their policy with the BGold fork.
pawanjain

Activity: 2674
Merit: 713

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 05:30:32 AM

If the blockchain wallet had supported BTG then it would have credited the coins to you but since there was no official statement from them regarding the form it is most likely that they didn't supported it and they won't be crediting the coins to you. If you had the private key to the wallet then you are eligible to claim the free coins by importing the private key on the other chain or wallet that supports BTG. But if you don't have the private key then you won't be getting the free coins.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
xFiber

Activity: 336
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 05:46:30 AM

I'm pretty sure blockchain has stated that they will support bitcoin gold. So it's very likely for you to receive your bitcoin gold at some point, the question is when? Keep in mind that coinbase users are yet to receive their bitcoin cash from the fork in August.
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 11:42:52 AM

This depends on the service provider and his policy regarding forked coins.
In general, noone has to give BTG out to their customer. You dont have access to the private keys (and therefore no direct access to those BTC).
With an account you are credit an amount you can "spend". But quite a lot wallets/exchanges announced to credit BTG after the fork.
Yobit already credited their users with BTG in a 1:1 ratio. i dont know about blockhain tho.
If you want to go 100% safe you should store your private keys by yourself. Thats the only guaranteed way to get your BTG at 1:1.

Salmen
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1020

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 07:46:20 PM

If the blockchain wallet had supported BTG then it would have credited the coins to you but since there was no official statement from them regarding the form it is most likely that they didn't supported it and they won't be crediting the coins to you. If you had the private key to the wallet then you are eligible to claim the free coins by importing the private key on the other chain or wallet that supports BTG. But if you don't have the private key then you won't be getting the free coins.
It is unclear how it is possible to get the Bitcoin Gold, whether through signing a specified code like Bitcore.cc in order to receive Bitcoin Gold to the address or simply by importing its private key to the wallet.
Thereby, once the code is released, the exchanges and wallet provider can say more concerning to this.

Young Developer amidst Europe. Specialized in Web Programming and Creating Telegram Bots. Looking for a developer? Feel free to drop a mail to me.
Running JaguarBitcoin - Your Place For Scripts
fabioganga

Activity: 478
Merit: 113

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2017, 10:21:19 PM

I'm following BTG's project closely on their Facebook page... there are a lot of people who believe their roadmap is very unclear and messy.

Frankly, I agree.

Nobody knows how to claim these BTG coins and trust in this project is plummeting... we'll see.
pawanjain

Activity: 2674
Merit: 713

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 02:29:31 PM

It is unclear how it is possible to get the Bitcoin Gold, whether through signing a specified code like Bitcore.cc in order to receive Bitcoin Gold to the address or simply by importing its private key to the wallet.
Thereby, once the code is released, the exchanges and wallet provider can say more concerning to this.
It actually depends on where you were holding your Bitcoins during the time of snapshot being taken. If you had hold it on any exchange then the exchange would automatically credit you the BTG if it supports the fork. If you were holding it in a wallet with the back of your private key then you have to wait until a wallet which supports BTG is created and then you will have to import your key to that wallet to receive the BTG.
If you were holding it in an online wallet then you should verify whether the provider will be supporting the fork and giving out the BTG or not.
There are also other threads that you can verify for further clarification.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
2double0 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 07:40:12 PM

Guys, there are more than 5 Bitcoin forks and I am seriously stressed out now hearing these announcements as well as the names are so stupendous.
Anyone knows whether I should send my Bitcoins to an exchange like Bittrex or something to get these free coins as well? I am not so well-informed about these forks but a friend told me that such thing is going to happen, can anyone shed some light on this and help me out by telling me that on which dates, these forks will have their snapshots taken? As well, what are the specifics about them? Or is it just a new way of money-making for those who are "forking" them out of Bitcoins? Why don't they come up with their own chain? Why to use the name "Bitcoin" ahead of their crap?
Anti-Cen

Activity: 210
Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 07:56:54 PM

Guys, there are more than 5 Bitcoin forks and I am seriously stressed out now hearing these announcements as well as the names are so stupendous.
Anyone knows whether I should send my Bitcoins to an exchange like Bittrex or something to get these free coins as well? I am not so well-informed about these forks but a friend told me that such thing is going to happen, can anyone shed some light on this and help me out by telling me that on which dates, these forks will have their snapshots taken? As well, what are the specifics about them? Or is it just a new way of money-making for those who are "forking" them out of Bitcoins? Why don't they come up with their own chain? Why to use the name "Bitcoin" ahead of their crap?

NO, NO and NO do not send coins to exchange where my coins are kept and you are bettor off keeping the history on the coins you own just as it is and in the block-chain

I am told that Coinbase can do what ever they like with the pretend BTC they hold for me in a pool account and I am betting they circulate more BTC then they own to get any this Bit-Gold
to spread around so i am betting that I have kissed my bit-gold goodbye.

if you are nervous then take your stake out instead of being greedy and by the way "C" is what we had before CPP or C++ as they call it 

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
mda

Activity: 144
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 08:04:28 PM
Last edit: December 14, 2017, 08:18:42 PM by mda

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2381234.0

The Core won't do this so chaotic forks are filling the vacuum. It's messy but effective in relieving transaction fee pressure.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: