Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:14:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: what is the purpose of Bitcoin Gold?  (Read 237 times)
iamteody (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 04:35:06 PM

Can someone tell me what is the purpose of Bitcoin Gold?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dioanna

Activity: 612
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 04:44:15 PM

just a repost :

Bitcoin Gold is scheduled for release through this month’s fork in a bid to change Bitcoin’s consensus algorithm, allowing miners to mine Bitcoin with GPUs.

As with Bitcoin Cash this summer, Bitcoin Gold will also be a hard fork, with the new tokens expected to launch on 25th October before being open to exchanges from 1st November.

Making it possible to mine with GPUs (Graphic Processing Units) is expected to allow more participants to mine, taking away some of the hash power from the bigger miners who have largely cornered the Bitcoin market.

iamteody (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 04:49:16 PM

just a repost :

Bitcoin Gold is scheduled for release through this month’s fork in a bid to change Bitcoin’s consensus algorithm, allowing miners to mine Bitcoin with GPUs.

As with Bitcoin Cash this summer, Bitcoin Gold will also be a hard fork, with the new tokens expected to launch on 25th October before being open to exchanges from 1st November.

Making it possible to mine with GPUs (Graphic Processing Units) is expected to allow more participants to mine, taking away some of the hash power from the bigger miners who have largely cornered the Bitcoin market.

So the purpose of Bitcoin Gold is to able to mine easily and the effect of that is that Bitcoin will be affordable soon?
Shenzou

Activity: 1400
Merit: 283

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 04:54:21 PM

Baiscally bitcoin has been getting a lot harder to mine and thus making only the poeple who have a mining equipements the only ones who are able to get profit from mining it and thus making bitcoin mining dominated by the big miners which was leading to bitcoin becoming more decentrelized, so the purpouse of bitcoin gold is to make bitcoin easier to mine and allowing poeple to mine it with their GPU's, and this restoring the balance of the mining market, so in conclusin if you are not mining than this will be an opurtunity to start and if you are then you get more profit from it.
iamteody (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 04:57:53 PM

Baiscally bitcoin has been getting a lot harder to mine and thus making only the poeple who have a mining equipements the only ones who are able to get profit from mining it and thus making bitcoin mining dominated by the big miners which was leading to bitcoin becoming more decentrelized, so the purpouse of bitcoin gold is to make bitcoin easier to mine and allowing poeple to mine it with their GPU's, and this restoring the balance of the mining market, so in conclusin if you are not mining than this will be an opurtunity to start and if you are then you get more profit from it.

Ok thanks. I should learn how to mine for now using my PC.
Andre_Goldman

Activity: 322
Merit: 253

Property1of1OU

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 04:58:55 PM

just a repost :

https://i.imgur.com/Pd0T5TK.jpg

Patent1number: ****-****
Kronos21

Activity: 434
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:02:13 PM

Any business which is owned by a few people sooner or later faces the problem that the owners can't reach a compromise in the development of their business. How many people so many opinions. Everyone has their own idea of development. So they have to share and then each goes his own way. The same thing is happening with bitcoin. The more different coins the better for us. Competition is always good.
pentol86

Activity: 851
Merit: 254

Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 05:10:27 PM

Bitcoin Gold goal is to make Bitcoin mining more decentralized. thats i know.

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
arseaboy

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:19:51 PM

only if this coin will gather support not only with miners but also players who loves to invest, its really a good chance for miners to use their gpu's and able to
earn from this system the only problem is aside from making btc much easier to mine what else do we expect from this coin what is the real use of bitcoin gold
in terms of services that can be useful for the people?

██████████████████████  ▀███▄          ▄██▄          ▄██████▄   █████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀███▄        ▄████▄        ▄███▀▀███▄   █████████████████████████
                          ▀███▄      ▄██████▄      ▄███▀  ▀███▄       ▐███       ███▌
                           ▀███▄    ▄███▀▀███▄    ▄███▀    ▀███▄      ▐███       ███▌
   █████████████████        ▀███▄  ▄███▀  ▀███▄  ▄███▀      ▀███▄     ▐███       ███▌
                             ▀███▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄███▀        ▀███▄    ▐███       ███▌
                              ▀██████▀      ▀██████▀          ▀███▄   ▐███       ███▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▀████▀        ▀████▀            ▀███▄  ▐███       ███▌
██████████████████████          ▀██▀          ▀██▀              ▀███▄ ▐███       ███▌

R E I M A G I N I N G    E N E R G Y
█▄
▄█████▄
▄████▀████▄
▄█████▌ ▐█████▄
▄███▀▀██▌ ▐██▀▀███▄
▄█████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄█████▄
█████████▄     ▄█████████
██████  ▀██▌ ▐██▀  ██████
▀██████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄██████▀
▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
▀▀██████▌ ▐██████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▄█▄▀▀▀▀
█████
[.
TELEGRAM    MEDIUM
TWITTER   FACEBOOK
]███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
[PRE-SALE]
C O M I N G 
SOON███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
penig

Activity: 266
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:37:50 PM

So if their intention it to return Bitcoin to GPU mining, how is that achieved and how do they prevent it simply scaling back up to ASIC (and how do they block ASIC dominating from day one, memory requirements?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: