Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:00:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Gold Fork just costs Bitcoin $5B!  (Read 990 times)
shursight

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 10:38:36 PM

Yeah i agree with that, it costed bitcoin a lot of money from the market capitalization, but we dont have to worry or complain about it, we all know that bitcoin rised a lot in the last few days, i dont see nothing wrong with it.
But i still have some hope in it, like i always did.
There are a lot of things that changed the price during the last two days, not only this fork, there have been a lot of fud that i have read all over the internet regarding to China, Russia, and some financial gurus from the USA..

++++++
+++++++   ++++++
+++++++  +++++++
++++++   +++++++
+++++  +++++++++
      ++++++++++     
+++++++  +++++++
+++++++   ++++++
++++++++  ++++++
++++++++   +++++
++++++++   +++++
+++++++

XRPNow
Ripple Price & News
XRP Price / Ripple News /
XRP Price Prediction

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

COINDOO
Latest Blockchain and Cryptocurrency News   
Bitcoin News Today

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

THECCPRESS
Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Tabloid
Blockchain News Today

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
squatter
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196

STOP SNITCHIN'

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:42:02 PM

Bitcoin Gold forked Bitcoin today.  The current price of Bitcoin is $5700.  Dropped from $6200 couple days ago.

Bitcoin Gold is endangering Bitcoin in at least 2 ways - 1. It does not have a replay protection and 2. It causes confusion to new potential Bitcoin investors.

It costs the whole Bitcoin community $5B.  Angry

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-10-24/bitcoin-retreats-as-another-offshoot-of-cryptocurrency-appears
 - Bitcoin Gold’s arrival pushes spot price down as much as 5.9%

This is a very dramatic way to frame things. Many technical analysts thought that BTCUSD was due for a price correction, and the local top in the $6200s provided the perfect structure for a long term double top. I agree that the Bitcoin Gold snapshot occurring persuaded some to sell (they were holding to get the airdrop).

However, many altcoiners were also holding BTC rather than altcoins to get the airdrop, too. Those people flocked back into altcoins and the price rallied accordingly. So I think it's incorrect to suggest that this loss in market cap is due to Bitcoin Gold. It's possible that the drop was coming anyway. And it's possible that much of trading activity occurred in altcoins rather than Bitcoin.

2tights

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

I like big BITS and I cannot lie.

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 01:02:50 AM

Bitcoin Gold forked Bitcoin today.  The current price of Bitcoin is $5700.  Dropped from $6200 couple days ago.

Bitcoin Gold is endangering Bitcoin in at least 2 ways - 1. It does not have a replay protection and 2. It causes confusion to new potential Bitcoin investors.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-10-24/bitcoin-retreats-as-another-offshoot-of-cryptocurrency-appears

This is a very dramatic way to frame things. Many technical analysts thought that BTCUSD was due for a price correction, and the local top in the $6200s provided the perfect structure for a long term double top. I agree that the Bitcoin Gold snapshot occurring persuaded some to sell (they were holding to get the airdrop).

However, many altcoiners were also holding BTC rather than altcoins to get the airdrop, too. Those people flocked back into altcoins and the price rallied accordingly. So I think it's incorrect to suggest that this loss in market cap is due to Bitcoin Gold. It's possible that the drop was coming anyway. And it's possible that much of trading activity occurred in altcoins rather than Bitcoin.

My opinion is the dip is more a result of the people's alarm and focus being on the segwit2x as well as the rallying of altcoin enthusiasts and shitcoin pirates trying to hijack the blockchain. Once it reaches an accepting bottom price to reinvest in BTC, they'll buy in droves and the price will increase accordingly. A great deal of uncertainty is perceived by most people, so for Bitcoin to remain Bitcoin will ensure that once the storm passes, it will be back to business as usual. There is only one Bitcoin and that is BTC Bitcoin, not 2x/segwit2x, or bitcoin cash, or bitcoin gold or whatever other forks and aliases someone decides to create. I think the functional utility of cryptocurrencies won't be realized for a while. I think it's totally great that people want to fork or take a snapshot, or make modifications and start their own blockchain. The issue I see is when people who don't have ASICs want to hijack Bitcoin.
Crypington

Activity: 210
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:06:27 AM

Some might say the price of Bitcoin was driven to 6200 by antipation of the fork, and the drop to 5700 was just a return to normal.  It will be interest to see what happens with segwit2x, and if the promise of a potential 4th Bitcoin drives the price back up.

▌▌   Anonymous and Untraceable     ›› ››   DeepOnion  ‹‹ ‹‹     TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED    ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     ANN  Whitepaper  FACEBOOK  Twitter  Youtube  Forum     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌   ••  JOIN AIRDROP 🚀  ••  |||   Download DeepOnion   |||   ✅ Verified with DeepVault    ▌▌
mastica

Activity: 938

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:09:57 AM

Its happening the same thing that happened with bitcoin cash, with a big difference that as i know the bitcoin gold mining isnt yet more profitable then the others two bitcoin. But it were expected to dump, since its like to share bitcoin health with a son, and there is no way to avoid it, if you remove bitcoin cash and gold bitcoin would be worthing maybe 10-25%, reaching around 7000 dollars.
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:20:35 AM

We are just whipping up a frenzy for speculation the attention has been positive and negative in many ways by attracting new users and repelling some factions that will now use the alt versions leaving the main chain unified. Forks do happen but it does bring about some short term confusion hopefully we will now see long term stability.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
2tights

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

I like big BITS and I cannot lie.

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 01:28:51 AM

We are just whipping up a frenzy for speculation the attention has been positive and negative in many ways by attracting new users and repelling some factions that will now use the alt versions leaving the main chain unified. Forks do happen but it does bring about some short term confusion hopefully we will now see long term stability.

Yes, obviously. Do we need to post a disclaimer?

DISCLAIMER: EVERYTHING IN THIS THREAD IS PURE, FICTIONAL SPECULATION AND NOT MEANT TO THOUGHT OF IN A SERIOUS WAY. THIS IS A SANDBOX OF THOUGHT. PLEASE ENJOY YOURSELVES RESPONSIBLY.

lolz Cheesy
FrueGreads
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 02:01:50 PM

I don't think the bitcoin price drop and the bitcoinGold fork are related. Bgold is not endangering bitcoin in any way. Users were swapping their alts to bitcoin in order to get more bgold. Now that they've got it, they are once again returning part of their investments back to alts.

So the price drop is related then.

Without this fork, if it actually happens, I don't think BTC would've topped $6000 at this particular moment, so in effect BTG has given and taken away within a short period of time.

I've no idea why anyone would get worked about it though. And it's not as if it was 5 real billions. It's just market cap crap.

Yes I agree with you. Bitcoin went up to $6k probably because of the fork, People wanted to take advantage of the free coins, and now things are getting back to normal. When I said it wasn't related, I meant that bgold wasn't doing real harm to the price of bitcoin, it was just a correction. It went up because of it, and now it got corrected, so basically it had "no real influence" on the price, because in the end everything ended up the same, as if it didn't happen.

I would like to make a correction on my last statement about the replay protection on this thread. Bgold team kept saying that they would add replay protection, that is was a some simple lines of code, and that they would do it as soon as possible, but apparently, they haven't done so yet.
I didn't really liked this coin, because they don't really add anything to BTC, or solve the problems they want to solve. But now, I don't trust them, because they are definitely not well organized.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

Nathan047

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 07:21:26 PM

Yeah i agree with that, it costed bitcoin a lot of money from the market capitalization, but we dont have to worry or complain about it, we all know that bitcoin rised a lot in the last few days, i dont see nothing wrong with it.
But i still have some hope in it, like i always did.
There are a lot of things that changed the price during the last two days, not only this fork, there have been a lot of fud that i have read all over the internet regarding to China, Russia, and some financial gurus from the USA..

I understand that some totalitarian countries might be afraid of it because it takes power away from them, but when Jamie Dimon bashed Bitcoin it really made me wonder if some financial are afraid of Bitcoin (since all Bitcoin would do is threaten to take away their business).

I'm starting a technology blog T4CH.top, check it out!
squatter
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196

STOP SNITCHIN'

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 07:44:36 PM

My opinion is the dip is more a result of the people's alarm and focus being on the segwit2x as well as the rallying of altcoin enthusiasts and shitcoin pirates trying to hijack the blockchain. Once it reaches an accepting bottom price to reinvest in BTC, they'll buy in droves and the price will increase accordingly. A great deal of uncertainty is perceived by most people, so for Bitcoin to remain Bitcoin will ensure that once the storm passes, it will be back to business as usual.

Oh, I definitely think that the uncertainty brought by the upcoming November fork is the larger fundamental reason for all the bearish sentiment. I just think that the Bitcoin Gold snapshot was a small catalyst for a dump in BTC and a relief rally in alts. The larger context is Segwit2x, like a black cloud over the market.

It seemed a couple days ago that the risks were subsiding, since Coinbase said the existing chain would retain the BTC name. Turns out both Coinbase and Gemini are calling the most-work chain "BTC" so it seems they might still be backing 2x after all. So, the uncertainty worsens...

fanbeila

Activity: 714

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 07:26:51 PM

Bitcoin gold does not have direct impact on bitcoin price.A slight fall in bitcoin price may be due to reason that most people who bought bitcoins before hard fork for just getting free BTG coins may have started to sell their bitcoins and started to buy altcoins.

Bitcoin gold might create a small confusion among the new investors who don't know which the real bitcoin is.Bitcoin gold is totally an unorganized project.It will disappear soon and will not even exist even for a short span as bitcoin cash.

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
     ▀▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
  ▄  ▄▀▀           ▀▀  ▀▄
 ▄▀ █      ▐█ █▌      █ ▀▄
▄█ █     ▄███████▄     █ █▄
█ ▄▀    ██▀▐█ █▌▀██     █ █
█ █     ██ ▐█ █▌ ██     █ █
█ ▀▄    ██▄▐█ █▌███    ▄▀ █
▀█ █     ▀████████▄    █ █▀
 ▀▄ ▀      ▐█ █▌ ▀█▌  █ ▄▀
  ▀▄  ▀▄           ▄▄▀  ▀
    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
      █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
▄▄▄▀▀▀█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   █
█     █ ▄▀      ▀▄ █
 █  ▄██ █        █ █
 █  █ █ █        ▀ █
  █ █ █ █ ▄█▄█▄  ▀ █
  █  ██ █  █▄▄█▄ █ █
   █ ██ ▄ ▄█▄▄▄█ █ █
   █  █ ▄  ▀ ▀   █ █
    █ █ █        █ █
    █ █ ▀▄      ▄▀ █
     ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
      █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.PLATINUM  STABLECOINS
..USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ...

─────────────────────────
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█     ████     █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
...FACEBOOK... .....TWITTER..... ...TELEGRAM...
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 08:43:22 PM

One thing is certain all these different forks will confuse new users coming into the bitcoin platform and most of the people i saw recently who wants to learn about bitcoin,was asking about the free airdrops and forks that could multiply their investments and how come they could create a new coins just like that which has value.  Grin The price of bitcoin increased a lot backed by the fork and that is the reason we saw a sell off after the fork.
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 07:55:55 PM

All this disruptions or distractions I see as something ephemeral because whether we like it or not, the market price of bitcoin is volatile and every major event needs to be responded to which will take its effect on the price of the matter of discussion. If the price of BTG cause the price to crash, do we also forget the reason why the price went that high to $6200 was largely due to impending BTG which a lot of people try to hoard the ones they have to get more bonus. But everything is still ephemeral.
Bergiolia

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

HEXCASH - Decentralized Fund

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2017, 08:00:35 PM

I think it's normal and used to be getting few adjustments while Bitcoin is dealing with the hard fork but everyone shouldn't have to worry about because this is what happened that day when the first hard fork was created. By means, hard forks were created to pump Bitcoin and not killing it by any means.

Bitcoin Guy (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 01:57:48 PM

Bitcoin gold might create a small confusion among the new investors who don't know which the real bitcoin is.

One thing is certain all these different forks will confuse new users coming into the bitcoin platform ...

Yes, causing confusion is a major concern on ill planned forks.  The second major concern is the potential replay attack on BTC from the fork.

- To be or not to be, that is the question. -
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: