Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 08:02:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wolf of Wall Street (Jordan Belfort) - "ICO's are the biggest scam ever"!  (Read 818 times)
Gnosis7777 (OP)

Activity: 131
Merit: 18

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 11:04:53 PM

http://www.24hgold.com/english/news-gold-silver-wall-street-piles-into-cryptocurrencies-others-speak-of-biggest-scam-ever-.aspx?article=11651517744H11690&redirect=false&contributor=Wolf+Richter

I don’t remember ever having seen crazier times of more pandemic proportions.

“It is the biggest scam ever, such a huge gigantic scam that’s going to blow up in so many people’s faces. It’s far worse than anything I was ever doing,” explained Jordan Belfort concerning ICOs (initial coin offerings) of cryptocurrencies. The former penny-stock broker portrayed by Leonardo DiCaprio in The Wolf of Wall Street should know: He spent 22 months in the hoosegow for securities fraud and money-laundering.

Just about anyone can call themselves a startup, make promises of future products or services, and sell digital tokens to raise funds. These digital tokens become tradable cryptocurrencies. Buyers do not receive any ownership of the startup, which is what traditional startup investors get. Instead they’re usually promised something in the future, such as free access to the service once available. It doesn’t really matter what the promises are because people buy the tokens to get rich, hoping that they’re getting into the hottest cryptocurrency on the ground floor. ICOs are not regulated and anything goes.

Cheesy Cheesy

Gnosis7777 (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 11:08:29 PM

ICO's have ruined cryptocurrency.

Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200. Go to Jail.

And no, there is no 'good' ICO.
sealofsun

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 11:13:01 PM

I watched Wolf of Wall Street, really successful
This is a true story. But we knows Ico's aren't the biggest scam this is also true.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 11:14:53 PM

He don't have to conclude that all of the ICOs are scam. There are legit ICOs that are getting investors to pursue their project but there are others also that are collecting money from their investors and will eventually scam them. And it definitely there's an interconnection between this guy and also Jamie Dimon because they keep on talking against bitcoin every time there will be published articles.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Gnosis7777 (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 11:18:44 PM

He don't have to conclude that all of the ICOs are scam. There are legit ICOs that are getting investors to pursue their project but there are others also that are collecting money from their investors and will eventually scam them. And it definitely there's an interconnection between this guy and also Jamie Dimon because they keep on talking against bitcoin every time there will be published articles.

The problem is ICO's, not Bitcoin.

The problem is, 80% Premined 'Public Offering' coins like Ethereum pretending to be a 'cryptocurrency', and ruining bitcoin's name.

How is a 'currency' something that is produced and sold by a for-profit corporation?

That's worse than fiat!

You get-rich-quickster ICOsters are gonna find out the hard way, just like the wolf here did.

https://www.sec.gov/litigation/investreport/34-81207.pdf

ICO coins are SECURITIES, not CURRENCY.

http://consumer.findlaw.com/securities-law/what-is-the-howey-test.html

"Substance Over Form

In deciding Howey, the Supreme Court created a test that looks at an investment's substance, rather than its form, as the determining factor for whether it is a security. Even if an investment is not labeled a "stock" or "bond," it may very well be a security under the law, meaning that registration and disclosure requirements apply. After the creation of the Howey Test, some promoters masqueraded securities to try and escape registration requirements (such as by calling an offer of securities an interest in a general partnership). To deal with these charades, courts look at the economic realities behind an investment scheme, rather than at its name or form, to determine whether it is a security."
shursight

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 11:28:34 PM

Yes those are old news, when i saw that the real Jordan Belfort said this, i really cried after seeing that, i really appreciate that guy because i enjoyed the movie, and i read a lot about his life and how did he raised his fortune.
But when i saw this.. i started to hate him, omg, maybe he is right because ico's have ruinned the market, and this is true, it is full of ico's that are only trying to raise funds in order to create a quick-rich scheme for the owners, not to the investors.
He is right, but i started to hate him because of this one..

++++++
+++++++   ++++++
+++++++  +++++++
++++++   +++++++
+++++  +++++++++
      ++++++++++     
+++++++  +++++++
+++++++   ++++++
++++++++  ++++++
++++++++   +++++
++++++++   +++++
+++++++

XRPNow
Ripple Price & News
XRP Price / Ripple News /
XRP Price Prediction

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

COINDOO
Latest Blockchain and Cryptocurrency News   
Bitcoin News Today

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

THECCPRESS
Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Tabloid
Blockchain News Today
nicosey

Activity: 347
Merit: 109

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 11:49:34 PM

Interesting article on subject and quote form CommerceBlock

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/investing/article-5008127/Jordan-Belfort-warns-ICOs-biggest-scam-ever.html
TokenAgency

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 12:11:09 AM

I read recently that a blind investment into every ICO to date would have generated a return of 1,320%. That's including the ones that have gone bust  Shocked
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 10:31:47 AM

The problem is ICO's, not Bitcoin.
~snip~

Yes, good catch and additional info.They are all hiding in bitcoin's name and the most affected coins when the talk is about cryptocurrency is bitcoin. And with this statement of Jordan Belfort, bitcoin is the most affected coin for this because those people that really don't have an idea about crypto's when ICO's or cryptocurrencies are involved to scam, they are thinking that it's bitcoin.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
marekbartik

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 12:38:55 PM

http://www.24hgold.com/english/news-gold-silver-wall-street-piles-into-cryptocurrencies-others-speak-of-biggest-scam-ever-.aspx?article=11651517744H11690&redirect=false&contributor=Wolf+Richter

“It is the biggest scam ever, such a huge gigantic scam that’s going to blow up in so many people’s faces. It’s far worse than anything I was ever doing,” explained Jordan Belfort concerning ICOs (initial coin offerings) of cryptocurrencies. The former penny-stock broker portrayed by Leonardo DiCaprio in The Wolf of Wall Street should know: He spent 22 months in the hoosegow for securities fraud and money-laundering.

The biggest scammer called something a scam.
He is probably already in and making money out of it Smiley)
13abyknight

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 12:45:30 PM

Never understood the point of collecting millions of dollars through crowdfunding just to be able to develop a project that would be nowhere close to that much worth of money (in most cases at least). It is fair to bring up that many of these so called ICOs have turned out to be outright scams, running away with all the funds raised. Also, look around in the altcoin market these days, you will barely find any tokens retaining their ICO value or going higher as the whole market is diluted with rubbish.
myfranco

Activity: 361
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 12:53:15 PM

Government regulations are necessary. I guess it will take another 2-3 years to feel confident about ICOs.
Sirait

Activity: 1890

1xBit 🏆 │ NotYourKeys.org

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 10:07:14 PM
Last edit: December 23, 2020, 08:48:22 AM by Sirait

Just about anyone can call themselves a startup, make promises of future products or services, and sell digital tokens to raise funds. These digital tokens become tradable cryptocurrencies. Buyers do not receive any ownership of the startup, which is what traditional startup investors get. Instead they’re usually promised something in the future, such as free access to the service once available. It doesn’t really matter what the promises are because people buy the tokens to get rich, hoping that they’re getting into the hottest cryptocurrency on the ground floor. ICOs are not regulated and anything goes.

Cheesy Cheesy

^ he might have been unlucky, following a scam project Cheesy so he was depressed and tried to poison other people's minds in order not to contribute any more to any project. remember, not all ICO projects are SCAM.

Nalienn

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 10:32:57 PM

You're either memeing real hard or you didn't dig deep enough. Sure, >99% of ICOs are either trash or outright scams, but that doesn't mean that there is no good ICO.
YuurinBee

Activity: 233

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 10:38:59 PM

You're either memeing real hard or you didn't dig deep enough. Sure, >99% of ICOs are either trash or outright scams, but that doesn't mean that there is no good ICO.

Agreed. I loved reading this article. ICO's are incredibly volatile - and now the whole PRE-ICO is even scarier of a concept (could go even better - or basically pre-fund a fund of a scam LOL)

MetaBrands Discord: https://discord.gg/metabrands
MetaBrands Telegram: https://t.me/metabrands
VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 10:45:01 PM

The biggest scammer called something a scam.
He is probably already in and making money out of it Smiley)
Oh, what is that? And oh? I'm not surprised with it. In USA there is a lot of bankers and at the same time, i can call them all as scammer, to replace the real gold as the real world currency with useless paper. I just ripped off my fiat money and boom it is worth nothing.
I heard so many times about that. Rusia gives a good feedback right now.
US just think if the world is only in the US. They are all may do a travelling into somewhere.

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
Heye

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 10:47:20 PM

Some people use ICOs to scam people therefore all ICOs are scam
Some people use registered companies to scam people therefore ... ICOs are scam trust me I'm Jordan Belfort

all these wall street people calling ICOs scam and btc a fraud are just proving that they're terrified of cryptocurrencies. hashtag moon
donotlean

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 10:54:00 PM

Maybe he can right.his's probably.i make a lot of money also i lose a lot of money on the ICO's i will never invest ICO's because its just unnecessary.I have to find very prommisng project to invest

jlp

Activity: 266
Merit: 264

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 10:58:48 PM

Read:

3 kinds of ICOs - Protect Yourself
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2243157
yemiforu

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 11:15:00 PM

But is it always true that 90percent of ico are scam?
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: