Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:55:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WARNING.. BEWARE OF ALL E COINS! (ELIXIR, ECASH) BEWARE OF TROY!  (Read 5797 times)
andrii.povkh

Activity: 131
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 10:33:25 AM

What if you received them as airdrop and sold them for ethereum? I do not think there are any risks involved in such case. I wonder though who are those people who bought such tokens?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Crypto-watch-Talk

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 11:11:39 AM

This really sucks for all the people who lost money but I'm more here to talk about your "scam" and should be "illegal" statements.

You can't make it illegal nor technically call it a scam. Is it morally wrong yes but you have to look at it like this. Are these "e" coins real cryptocurrencies.. yes they are.. they are no different than bitcoin and ethereum, they are still real cryptocurrencies.

Now the scam part.. as far as I'm aware these were not ICO's they were just coins created released to the market.. then Pumped then dumped.. this is not a scam does it suck yes but just isn't a scam. It is just the market, no different from lots of people buying shares in real world and then crashing later on because buzz dies off.

Most people know these coins are pump and dumps but don't care because they want to make money but then if they loose they come here complaining they have been scammed when in the first place new exactly what it was.

Now to the community, you all need to do your research if you want to start getting involved with random coins that have no purpose.. do your research and make your own choice. This is the cryptocurrency world.. very little regulation and also prices can change in a second.

In no way am I saying what these people do is okay I'm more just getting tired of people yelling scam all he time and "this should be illegal"
linkdead13

Activity: 330

0x86dc77dFd74827c19B7AfF84Ab46D7f9504899dE

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 11:18:22 AM

Can I ask what the harm is in joining the airdrops? As long as you're not buying into the "scam". Not asking to incite any anger just simply asking of interest.
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 11:24:16 AM

thanks OP for bringing topic like this here so we all can be well aware and be warned about certain project, but i guess there's still people who will be
blindly try their luck and risk some of their money, its just a game of gamble if E-project got some value then they've enjoy some earnings just like
what happen with eBtc, if not then move on to other project and try to recover loses.
rain3798

Activity: 157
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 11:52:10 AM

This thread answer all the questions in my mind. I've been one of the victim of this scam and it's really annoying. All the tokens I've got was all gone and then the EDoge was the only one left and I've got the idea that i'ts because it was the scamer's coin. I also found out that EDoge was very low in the market. I really can't move on about the tokens i've got and all gone, so guys this is a WARNING don't be a victim like me and thank you for the one who make this thread.

zaxneydox

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 11:52:44 AM

Except that eBTC is a real project, with a real team backing up behind it.
Queen_Amber (OP)

Activity: 214
Merit: 11

Cryptocurrency is the FUTURE!

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 12:27:55 PM

This really sucks for all the people who lost money but I'm more here to talk about your "scam" and should be "illegal" statements.

You can't make it illegal nor technically call it a scam. Is it morally wrong yes but you have to look at it like this. Are these "e" coins real cryptocurrencies.. yes they are.. they are no different than bitcoin and ethereum, they are still real cryptocurrencies.

Now the scam part.. as far as I'm aware these were not ICO's they were just coins created released to the market.. then Pumped then dumped.. this is not a scam does it suck yes but just isn't a scam. It is just the market, no different from lots of people buying shares in real world and then crashing later on because buzz dies off.

Most people know these coins are pump and dumps but don't care because they want to make money but then if they loose they come here complaining they have been scammed when in the first place new exactly what it was.

Now to the community, you all need to do your research if you want to start getting involved with random coins that have no purpose.. do your research and make your own choice. This is the cryptocurrency world.. very little regulation and also prices can change in a second.

In no way am I saying what these people do is okay I'm more just getting tired of people yelling scam all he time and "this should be illegal"

It defietnly is illegal, its called FRAUD.  Its bacially the same as buying a xbox from some guy on the street and when you open the box, its only a box of bricks..  The dev's made a BS excuse on the same projects, PROMISED whitepaper,  then dumped the coins to crash the price on the same day it was supposed to be released, and said they are "stepping down" or sold the project to a "new investor"
WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP!  this IS illegal and the govt needs to step in and regulate these "new coins" which are 90% scam coins.

ツ Message me on Telegram @Flour ツ
 Or message me on Kik @ Treat
 ☮♡ I love everybody! ☮♡ 

Queen_Amber (OP)

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 12:34:40 PM

Except that eBTC is a real project, with a real team backing up behind it.

Oh really? Why did the DEV leave this "real project" after making it seem oh so good?
why did the actualy team members turn on each other saying something is fishy about this project?
you know what, you can belive what you want. when you see this project hit 0 sats in a few years, dont revive this thread saying "thank you you were right" becuase i already know im right!!
This thread answer all the questions in my mind. I've been one of the victim of this scam and it's really annoying. All the tokens I've got was all gone and then the EDoge was the only one left and I've got the idea that i'ts because it was the scamer's coin. I also found out that EDoge was very low in the market. I really can't move on about the tokens i've got and all gone, so guys this is a WARNING don't be a victim like me and thank you for the one who make this thread.

Im sorry they frauded you as well, its a shame that 1000s of more people are about to get ripped off whe ETG and LTG dumps, and  you will see similar things happen to those gold coins that happened to these e coin.. in other words, the dev are going to dump the hell out of the coins and crash the price once again.
Can I ask what the harm is in joining the airdrops? As long as you're not buying into the "scam". Not asking to incite any anger just simply asking of interest.

You can join the airdrop if you want, but i suggest you DUMP ASAP and do not promote the scam project.. even if it means you make more money, its not morally right. you make money while other real investors LOSE money and scammer devs close in like hawks making false promises just to get more investors.. then they randomly dump coins.. either all at once or little by little!

☮♡ I love everybody! ☮♡ 

Crypto-watch-Talk

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 07:42:36 PM

It defietnly is illegal, its called FRAUD.  Its bacially the same as buying a xbox from some guy on the street and when you open the box, its only a box of bricks..  The dev's made a BS excuse on the same projects, PROMISED whitepaper,  then dumped the coins to crash the price on the same day it was supposed to be released, and said they are "stepping down" or sold the project to a "new investor"
WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP!  this IS illegal and the govt needs to step in and regulate these "new coins" which are 90% scam coins.

It is no where close to being like the Xbox scenario you mentioned.

Well see his is a little different than what I was talking about because they did have plan and to go further with the coin in writing. But you still can't just mark it as fraud and I highly doubt you have a law agree.

Do you want to know why? You buying something that isn't real in the first place that is why. It can't be fraud because it is not real. It is not a real currency, not a physical product, not a type of software and the list goes on. It would need to fit under a fraud category but it can't because it won't fit in to any of those things.

You are placing you money and trust into websites that say what the plan is and offer for you to buy there mathematical computer algorithm (cryptocurrency). That is basicly the truth right there. The people are not bound to go through with what they say on the websites, but you all have so much trust in these people words they put on there and just start buying in.

For it all to be regulated they will have to start regulating every cryptocurrency including bitcoin and I get the feeling lots of people won't like that.
Queen_Amber (OP)

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 08:09:04 PM

Well see his is a little different than what I was talking about because they did have plan and to go further with the coin in writing. But you still can't just mark it as fraud and I highly doubt you have a law agree.

Do you want to know why? You buying something that isn't real in the first place that is why. It can't be fraud because it is not real. It is not a real currency, not a physical product, not a type of software and the list goes on. It would need to fit under a fraud category but it can't because it won't fit in to any of those things.

You are placing you money and trust into websites that say what the plan is and offer for you to buy there mathematical computer algorithm (cryptocurrency). That is basicly the truth right there. The people are not bound to go through with what they say on the websites, but you all have so much trust in these people words they put on there and just start buying in.

For it all to be regulated they will have to start regulating every cryptocurrency including bitcoin and I get the feeling lots of people won't like that.

Im really not trying to hear none of that, screw all the "technicalities" , this is FRAUD what they are doing to people!!! its redicilious how someone would even attempt to defend these coin dev's actions.. which brings me to the conclusion that A. You were also frauded and now stuck holding bags and cant accept the fact you been scammed, B. You're a dev or associated with the project or C. You are in denial and you want people to keep investing into these scam E coins for quick money.

☮♡ I love everybody! ☮♡ 

vibingpositively

Activity: 224

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 08:10:27 PM

I doubt they are all created by the same person but I will agree that they are scammy coins in nature and dont offer anything to the crypto industry. I was too once excited for these projects but after seeing how they are being

undertaken and developed the first few weeks you can clearly see they are no good. One can still speculate of course but that is all it is good for I believe.

⚫ ▬▬     V T O S   |   Decentralized CDN & Social Network     ▬▬ ⚫
  Whitepaper    JOIN OUR ICO  >  MAY 28th  <
FACEBOOK               MEDIUM               TWITTER               GITHUB               TELEGRAM

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 08:14:16 PM

Everyone with half a brain and a little experience in crypto would have seen those coins in that list wouldn't really become successful.
ManavKalyan

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

Freedom

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 08:32:00 PM

Hi Amber,

I've received airdrops for some of the coins you've mentioned. I remember you from the ETHD telegram chat.. how much money did you lose? maybe not an appropriate question.
Thank you for the heads up. Will keep away from the scammers and will drop the little coins that i might be left with from the ones on the list.
Crasengover

Activity: 336
Merit: 103

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 08:43:17 PM

You can call them SCAM only if you invested in these sheetcoins, but if you got them as an airdrop and managed to earn some money, then it's definitely not a scam. I can't imagine why people invest in such projects and then say that they were scammed. Don't they even check any infromation before investing??? How fool should you be to give your money to a sheet project???

Crypto-watch-Talk

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 08:54:36 PM

Im really not trying to hear none of that, screw all the "technicalities" , this is FRAUD what they are doing to people!!! its redicilious how someone would even attempt to defend these coin dev's actions.. which brings me to the conclusion that A. You were also frauded and now stuck holding bags and cant accept the fact you been scammed, B. You're a dev or associated with the project or C. You are in denial and you want people to keep investing into these scam E coins for quick money.

In no way am I defending these people. What they are doing is wrong and I've mentioned that in previous posts.

What I am doing I clearing up the statment is hear all the time of "how can they get away with this?" "This is illegal and should be charged" all I'm doing is telling you how they are getting away with it and why nothing is being done.

The "technicalities" are everything.

Also I have nothing to do with these coins, not dumb enough to put my money anywhere close to them. Your the one having rages and can't handle someone having an intellectual and real conversation about the whole situation. This is a discussion board isn't it?
Queen_Amber (OP)

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:43:46 PM

Hi Amber,

I've received airdrops for some of the coins you've mentioned. I remember you from the ETHD telegram chat.. how much money did you lose? maybe not an appropriate question.
Thank you for the heads up. Will keep away from the scammers and will drop the little coins that i might be left with from the ones on the list.

hi, i didnt lose any money with Etherum dark, i only missed out on the pump, and im glad i didnt hold my coins because ethd crashed more then 50% and the DEV abandon the project, which only leaves angry investors and admins with the last ditch effort to pump up the coin before it completly crashes to 1 sat.... anyways good luck with your investments Smiley

It defietnly is illegal, its called FRAUD.  Its bacially the same as buying a xbox from some guy on the street and when you open the box, its only a box of bricks..  The dev's made a BS excuse on the same projects, PROMISED whitepaper,  then dumped the coins to crash the price on the same day it was supposed to be released, and said they are "stepping down" or sold the project to a "new investor"
WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP!  this IS illegal and the govt needs to step in and regulate these "new coins" which are 90% scam coins.

In no way am I defending these people. What they are doing is wrong and I've mentioned that in previous posts.

What I am doing I clearing up the statment is hear all the time of "how can they get away with this?" "This is illegal and should be charged" all I'm doing is telling you how they are getting away with it and why nothing is being done.

Also I have nothing to do with these coins, not dumb enough to put my money anywhere close to them. Your the one having rages and can't handle someone having an intellectual and real conversation about the whole situation. This is a discussion board isn't it?

you shouldn't be concerned about my statement.. if im not not the only person saying it, then obviously there is a very serious issue that is yet to be addressed.. SCAM COINS WILL RUIN CRYPTO CURRENCY.. that is a fact, if we dont put a stop to this pump & dump exit scam, crypto will never become mainstream because all your gonna hear is how half of the currencys are scam projects and not legit.. and banks or media will be very skeptical about choosing to adopt this new technology when half of the projects are scams... you can try to defend scam coins all you want, but it wont stop me from speaking out and saving people from investing..  im not raging im just very upset and hurt that these scam coins are getting out of control and ruining a great thing.. when i first started crypto 2 yrs ago it was never this bad.. now scammers are getting desperate for quick money so they do anything they can to betray investors and new investors by giving false hopes and running off with our bitcoins....

☮♡ I love everybody! ☮♡ 

Crypto-watch-Talk

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:55:26 PM

Hi Amber,

hi, i didnt lose any money with Etherum dark, i only missed out on the pump, and im glad i didnt hold my coins because ethd crashed more then 50% and the DEV abandon the project, which only leaves angry investors and admins with the last ditch effort to pump up the coin before it completly crashes to 1 sat.... anyways good luck with your investments Smiley

It defietnly is illegal, its called FRAUD.  Its bacially the same as buying a xbox from some guy on the street and when you open the box, its only a box of bricks..  The dev's made a BS excuse on the same projects, PROMISED whitepaper,  then dumped the coins to crash the price on the same day it was supposed to be released, and said they are "stepping down" or sold the project to a "new investor"
WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP!  this IS illegal and the govt needs to step in and regulate these "new coins" which are 90% scam coins.

you shouldn't be concerned about my statement.. if im not not the only person saying it, then obviously there is a very serious issue that is yet to be addressed.. SCAM COINS WILL RUIN CRYPTO CURRENCY.. that is a fact, if we dont put a stop to this pump & dump exit scam, crypto will never become mainstream because all your gonna hear is how half of the currencys are scam projects and not legit.. and banks or media will be very skeptical about choosing to adopt this new technology when half of the projects are scams... you can try to defend scam coins all you want, but it wont stop me from speaking out and saving people from investing..  im not raging im just very upset and hurt that these scam coins are getting out of control and ruining a great thing.. when i first started crypto 2 yrs ago it was never this bad.. now scammers are getting desperate for quick money so they do anything they can to betray investors and new investors by giving false hopes and running off with our bitcoins....

I think you are getting confused here.

1. I don't want you to stop posting about this, I fully understand and it does need to stop.

2. I've also been involved in the crypto world for a long time and agree is ftgis continues then cryptocurremcy will never be main stream which is an issue.

3. I'm not trying to defend scam coins, I don't like them, people loose money, there lives sometimes.. it is completely wrong.

4. Al I'm trying to do is talk about this on legal levels in the hope that one day they can start to regulate and create laws around cryptocurrencies and put a stop to all this.

I'm more just trying to help people be aware of how this is flying under the "law" and how they are getting away with it.

I'm all honesty thank you for letting people know about these scams and stopping new comers from getting scammed.
Queen_Amber (OP)

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 10:03:50 PM

Hi Amber,

I think you are getting confused here.

1. I don't want you to stop posting about this, I fully understand and it does need to stop.

2. I've also been involved in the crypto world for a long time and agree is ftgis continues then cryptocurremcy will never be main stream which is an issue.

3. I'm not trying to defend scam coins, I don't like them, people loose money, there lives sometimes.. it is completely wrong.

4. Al I'm trying to do is talk about this on legal levels in the hope that one day they can start to regulate and create laws around cryptocurrencies and put a stop to all this.

I'm more just trying to help people be aware of how this is flying under the "law" and how they are getting away with it.

I'm all honesty thank you for letting people know about these scams and stopping new comers from getting scammed.

okay.. and your welcome.. no thanks needed.. im a real human being (unlike these savage demon dev's who scam any & everyone without regrets)
 so im gonna do what i can to help people even if im attacked for it. i stand my ground

☮♡ I love everybody! ☮♡ 

william8829

Activity: 196

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 10:20:51 PM

I can see a couple of possibilities.  When you sign up for airdrops they may ask you for personal info(name, email, various usernames, ip address take you to a spoof website etc.)  With this information they might have enough information(depending on what you give them)  to steal and use your Identity for one purpose or another.

Another reason not to support airdrops you may think is a scam is by becoming a part of an airdrop you validate it.  Other people see you signed up and think, hey so and so joined it must be legitimate.  Its very possible that they ask you to help bring in others who may succumb to the scam.
garciaor2002

Activity: 144

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 12:58:53 AM

Better buy bitcoin gold Tongue
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: