Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:37:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What's an Airdrop?  (Read 1140 times)
leynylaine

Activity: 322
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 10:27:52 PM

Airdrop is an easy way to get profit, usually airdrops these days are giving you tasks for you to do it and after finishing those tasks, they will give you the free tokens. And some of the airdrops are just letting you fill out the google forms.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Raymondavid47

Activity: 546
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 10:30:42 PM

Airdrop is when a project gives out their coin or token for free to a particular number of applicants. Some airdrops even tell you to do some little tasks and while some you just need to join their social media pages. Airdrop is an interesting way of making money in the crypto world
Mapagmahal
Copper Member

Activity: 772
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 10:50:02 PM

Airdrop is when a project gives out their coin or token for free to a particular number of applicants. Some airdrops even tell you to do some little tasks and while some you just need to join their social media pages. Airdrop is an interesting way of making money in the crypto world

It's interesting because you can earn money in airdrop easily but always remember that not all airdrop will pay or will have value in the future because some of the airdrops i join has not paid me or their token has no value at all. I think this a opportunity for those new here in crypto that wants to earn a few tokens but remember not all aidrops are true.

i use to be a hunter
MOProgress

Activity: 868
Merit: 116

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 10:55:13 PM

Can someone please explain what an airdrop is? and how it works? thanks

An Airdrop is a free giveaway of coin, which sometimes require little task, some the reasons some project do airdrop is that they find their strength lies on community so they use that to increase the community members.
SuperAcaiBowl

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 11:00:04 PM

Can someone please explain what an airdrop is? and how it works? thanks

The simple answer: it’s literally just free coins just waiting for you.

The method behind the madness, though, is a decision regarding marketing strategy. As a way to spread awareness to the relevant audience of potential investors and eventual enthusiasts, coin teams will, from time-to-time, do airdrops.

WHAT DO YOU NEED TO GET STARTED TO RECIEVE AIRDROPS?

An Ethereum Wallet: not one that is on an exchange.
It has to be a personal address that is ERC20 compatible because most of the tokens that are airdropped are ERC20 tokens, which are or were originally Ethereum-based ICOs. I suggest using  MyEtherWallet to get started immediately

The Ethereum Wallet Must be ACTIVE. By active, I mean that you have to show at least some human use of it.
Lots of airdrops have checks in place to make sure that you aren’t just randomly generating a bunch of addresses and signing them all up to unfairly obtain more coins. This means that if your wallet doesn’t show activity, it might not receive the airdrop. Sometimes, coins will be explicit in what they look for, including some type of balance in the account.

A Telegram Account : I’m sure there are amazing reasons why Telegram is the chatting tool of choice for many of these ICOs. The coins want to boost the audience count.

Usually, these airdrop coins will also require you to sign up for their Telegram accounts. Until you receive the coin in your Ethereum wallet, do not leave the Telegram accounts or you risk disqualification for the airdrop.

A Twitter Account : Similar to the reasons behind the Telegram account, many of the airdrop coins will also require you to follow them on Twitter. Some of them will even ask you to retweet some tweet.

An email address. sometimes airdrops will ask for your email, too. If you don’t feel comfortable with giving them your real email, just create a spam one. Remember the password, though; some of them actually ask you to confirm your email.
Obtaining and Withdrawing Tokens

Usually, it takes about 1–2 months after the end of the airdrop before you receive your tokens. This is primarily due to the fact that many airdrops occur before or during token sales, in conjunction to spread awareness. And tokens are not distributable until the end of a token sale anyway (I’ll write a separate piece on Token Sales, or ICOs).

To check your wallet info and see if the token has appeared in your wallet yet, just go to Etherscan. Type in your ETH address into the search box.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: