Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:04:17 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Monero GPU ROI  (Read 456 times)
beachbummer (OP)

Activity: 251
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 03:28:27 AM

Hi all,

Was wondering if there is any site that lists the ROI for the various GPUs that can be used to mine Moneros? I am thinking of getting another Vega 56 to add on to my Vega 56 rig but I was not sure if that is the best option.
car1999

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 03:37:01 AM

Since you have already a vega56, you know the hashrate and power consumption,  calculate ROI in http://whattomine.com
MATHReX

Activity: 861
Merit: 281

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 08:21:08 AM

Hi all,

Was wondering if there is any site that lists the ROI for the various GPUs that can be used to mine Moneros? I am thinking of getting another Vega 56 to add on to my Vega 56 rig but I was not sure if that is the best option.

Sincerely, There are so many factors that can greatly influence your calculation of your break even for your GPU cost.
1) If Price of Monero coin increases or decreases.
2) If the difficulty increases or decreases.
3) Downtime of your rig due to issues/maintenance.
4) Stale shares, Pool fees, miner fees.
5) Taking in account of your electricity cost.

Whatever you calculate through the website, just add two-three months to it for a realistic achievable plan if everything stays the same.
But if you play your moves correctly, it can be done before your calculated timeline.
Happy mining!
adam1230
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:03:36 AM

Monero ROI is around 10 months in my country. If you can buy some Cheap GPU and if you have cheap electricity then you can reduce ROI
But  if you have expensive electricity its not worth to invest in. Buying directly is more efficient.
twofreckles

Activity: 366
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:29:43 AM

I would recommend mycryptobuddy

beachbummer (OP)

Activity: 251

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:40:50 AM

Hi all,

Sincerely, There are so many factors that can greatly influence your calculation of your break even for your GPU cost.
1) If Price of Monero coin increases or decreases.
2) If the difficulty increases or decreases.
3) Downtime of your rig due to issues/maintenance.
4) Stale shares, Pool fees, miner fees.
5) Taking in account of your electricity cost.

Whatever you calculate through the website, just add two-three months to it for a realistic achievable plan if everything stays the same.
But if you play your moves correctly, it can be done before your calculated timeline.
Happy mining!

Thanks. Your answer was very comprehensive as it listed out many factors. Maybe my question was not put across correctly but I was asking more about the returns of the GPUs for its price (let's assume prevailing retail price)

For example, GPU1 costs $500 but it gives hash rate of 1600 hashes per second. GPU2 costs $250 with hash rate of 600. In this case GPU1 is the better option. Since you get more hash per dollar.

The Vega 56 is not a cheap card, so I was wondering ifI was getting good bang for my buck.
dx_twisted

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 10:13:21 AM

Based on the given info that you provide and with the use of online calculators, which you can google online. Below are the estimated income and estimated ROI for the current GPU that you have:

GPU#1 | $500 | 1600H/S -- 200watts -- Possible monthly income: $52.83 - $500/$52.83 = 9.46 or round up to 10 mos.

GPU#2 | $250 | 600H/S -- 200 watts -- Possible monthly income: $$9.01 - $250/9.01 = 27.47 or round up to 28 months which is equal to 2 years and 4 months.

Again, those are just estimated numbers which can change from time to time. Like what @MATHRex indicated, there are too many factors that might affect the profitability of mining XMR.

Based on the equation above, your profit might increase if you are based on a location where electricity is cheap. Another thing is that when XMR market price surge up, this is when you decide not to sell the coins after you mined them, instead hold them for a period of time.
quochuan29

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 10:18:16 AM

I think you can dual mining with cpu Monero and gpu eth

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: