Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:57:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This baby was bought with bitcoins!  (Read 2702 times)
lavajumper (OP)

Activity: 873
Merit: 1035

Sexcoin Core Dev Team Member

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 11:07:32 PM

Wow.....just....wow!

"This baby was bought with bitcoins."

No, this isn't a black-market deal brokered in the Internet's shadowy corners. The child was born thanks to a frozen embryo transfer cycle paid for with bitcoins. Lee says it's the first time he's aware of that anyone has paid for fertility treatments that way......

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/meet-the-world-s-first-bitcoin-baby-161558653.html

SXC: S7NgcaY5qtjsBpNqdJsYbeTjacwuCUhC2Z | LTC: LVmkQd2T5nffVf1Bum9GzbNTaEQBXxURo9 | BTC: 17H4ut7WeaUkVkNh3UfvQArvsawabmrvg4 | http://sexcoinforum.com | Bitrated user: Lavajumper.
raze

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 01:58:12 AM

Haha, some good publicity is nice for a change Smiley We need more 'firsts' like this to keep giving Bitcoin a good name!

BTC --16FPbgyUZdTm1voAfi26VZ3RH7apTFGaPm
LTC -- Lhd3gmj84BWqx7kQgqUA7gyoogsLeJbCXb
PPC -- PRpKGjgjNLFv8eR7VVv7jBaP8aexDFqk4C
bitcoinanon

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

The way of the future...

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 02:32:39 AM

I can't wait to tell my family and friends..."You can even purchase babies with BTC now"
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 03:23:12 AM

I can't wait to tell my family and friends..."You can even purchase babies with BTC now"

This is freakin disgusting and so are you for thinking buying sentient life, let alone human, can be a good thing.

Pull one out.. have a drink.  Angry You too lavajumper...

If you are having fertility problems, quit GMO foods and go vegan. You'll be surprised at how long your boner will last when you stop eating garbage.

And lets not forget about learning to work those kegal muscles !

lavajumper (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 03:32:57 PM

for thinking buying sentient life, let alone human, can be a good thing.

Uh....do you actually know how to click and read?
The bitcoins were used to pay for medical services. I think that's a great thing, especially considering the state of health insurance in the US.

SXC: S7NgcaY5qtjsBpNqdJsYbeTjacwuCUhC2Z | LTC: LVmkQd2T5nffVf1Bum9GzbNTaEQBXxURo9 | BTC: 17H4ut7WeaUkVkNh3UfvQArvsawabmrvg4 | http://sexcoinforum.com | Bitrated user: Lavajumper.
CompNsci

Activity: 332
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 04:06:00 PM

Certainly this is cool, with important services being offered for BTC. Though I do think the title sounded a bit scary.
lavajumper (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 04:24:01 PM

Though I do think the title sounded a bit scary.

Yeah, American journalism at it finest. I probably shouldn't have posted it under that.

disable_sarcasm(
   "My apologies if I irritated anyone's sensibilities with that."
 );

Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 04:48:45 PM

for thinking buying sentient life, let alone human, can be a good thing.

Uh....do you actually know how to click and read?
The bitcoins were used to pay for medical services. I think that's a great thing, especially considering the state of health insurance in the US.

There is nothing medical about creating dozens of lives so some redneck can have a litter.

The logic is simple. If you eat disfunctional food, you will also become disfunctional.  ie. gmo'd plants and tortured animal

You'll be hard pressed to find a doctor that will tell you this because most have little/no background in nutrition.

If we stay healthy, they are out of a job. This is why are organic farmers and holistic caregivers are being treated like criminals.

lavajumper (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 05:53:24 PM
Last edit: June 11, 2013, 06:32:14 PM by lavajumper

There is nothing medical about creating dozens of lives so some redneck can have a litter.

The logic is simple. If you eat disfunctional food, you will also become disfunctional.  ie. gmo'd plants and tortured animal

You'll be hard pressed to find a doctor that will tell you this because most have little/no background in nutrition.

If we stay healthy, they are out of a job. This is why are organic farmers and holistic caregivers are being treated like criminals.

May you enjoy happiness and health in all your days.
May your children enjoy long healthy lives, growing up with the love of their parents.
May they grow and mature to be wonderful.

I admire you defending your beliefs. And you bring up a couple of points I believe are quite true. I am also appalled at OctoMom. I also agree with garbage-in garbage-out.

But, Doctors will NEVER be out of a job. Medical has been around since witch-doctors and seers.

I still think being able to pay for medical care with bitcoins is a good thing, be it holistic, western traditional, eastern traditional or witch-doctor. I'm really not sure what a holistic healer would do if my kid impaled himself on a mailbox while riding his bike, or got stabbed, or all kinds of things that require traditional medical. In the US, without or with insurance, two or three incidents like that could put an average family in financial ruin. Yes, being able to pay in bitcoins, especially at a reduced rate, is a good thing.

Holy crap this is getting too serious.

Hmmm....maybe I should launch MediCoin!

Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 02:36:34 AM

The logic is simple. If you eat disfunctional food, you will also become disfunctional.  ie. gmo'd plants and tortured animal

May your children enjoy long healthy lives, growing up with the love of their parents.

I admire you defending your beliefs. And you bring up a couple of points I believe are quite true. I am also appalled at OctoMom. I also agree with garbage-in garbage-out.

But, Doctors will NEVER be out of a job. Medical has been around since witch-doctors and seers.

I still think being able to pay for medical care with bitcoins is a good thing, be it holistic, western traditional, eastern traditional or witch-doctor. I'm really not sure what a holistic healer would do if my kid impaled himself on a mailbox while riding his bike, or got stabbed, or all kinds of things that require traditional medical. In the US, without or with insurance, two or three incidents like that could put an average family in financial ruin. Yes, being able to pay in bitcoins, especially at a reduced rate, is a good thing.

Thank you.
Thx again. Grin
Mucho gracias and likewise, of course. Smiley

Lets not confuse the typical doc for a Healer, Shaman, mid-wife ect. because 90% of what corporate medicine does relies on reactionary and synthetic methods that are costly, inefficient and are prone to negative side effects. The multi tier aspect is also very undesireable. Its a form of discrimination that goes beyond race.

Healers use natural instincts, holistic wisdom and are not in it for personal wealth/ego. This results in a mostly preventative/ free/ low cost approach to things.

Props to you for being able to acknowlege and respect my opinion.

pEACe

dmartig

Activity: 97

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 02:47:12 AM

it should be noted that allopathic medicine is not traditional it is a relative newcomer which gained prominence due to politics.
kodo

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 04:13:39 AM

wow that is unbelievable.
The 4ner
aka newbitcoinqtuser

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

R.I.P Silk Road 1.0

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 06:44:06 AM

The use of bitcoin just keeps getting more interesting by the day.
bitbybit2

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 07:49:52 AM

Another stupid way to sell news. But the worst thing is we always buy it. There is no difference between selling babies for bitcoins and exploiting babies through yahoo because bitcoins are valuable but yahoo is not worth a thing. But citing yahoo news as a credible source of information is like a friend who recommends that you research your way to the top using Wikipedia. Smiley
lavajumper (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 09:22:00 PM

Wow, another flame.

Ok, you've convinced me. Bitcoins are bad and I hope nobody ever accepts them again.

I admit it. Yahoo and CNN made the story up. There was no Doctor. There was no bitcoin transaction. Man...you really exposed me.  I fed yahoo the information from my secret lab. I thought I could fool you too, but you're obviously too astute. I'm going to put my aluminum foil UFO hat back on now.

Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 09:45:17 PM

Bitbybit2 is correct and there is no fire...

Plzz step away from the hat. Tongue

scooter

Activity: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 09:56:11 PM

FYI, being vegan is 100% fatal.
atariguy

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 11:26:55 PM

The subject was a bit hyperbolic, but the guy who freaked out because a couple wanted to have 4 kids was even worse...  Roll Eyes
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 11:39:14 PM

FYI, being vegan is 100% fatal.

Yup... this must be why the cancer wards are filling up with us.  Roll Eyes

juggalodarkclow
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 12:06:33 AM

/humor

Pages: [1] 2 »  All