Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:40:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: deprecated - [ANN][ICO][Rentberry] – Decentralized Home Rental Platform  (Read 2151 times)
cryptonomos (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 07:57:23 AM
Last edit: November 24, 2017, 09:21:15 AM by cryptonomos

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2448767.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Colorblind

Activity: 392
Merit: 41

This text is irrelevant

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 07:57:51 AM
Last edit: October 26, 2017, 09:33:22 AM by Colorblind

Preliminary review:
1. This project have no real busines behing it (or incapable to provide any proof of it's existance);
2. Website shows listings that was taken from legit services. Not a single legit listing was found and dev refused to comment on that account;
3. Syndication section shows a bunch of companies allegedly working with dev. I wrote some of them and had a response - nobody ever hered they are in sindication with Rentberry.

At this point project looks alot like a scam. Let's see what dev have to say in response. To disprove my sispicions I would like dev to:

1. Post links to at least 100 unique listings on their websites, so I can call random rental agents and check if they have an agreements with Rentberry;
2. Explain why their syndication members have no idea about syndication they are in;
3. Provide certificate of incorporation for their company and show some activity they were engaged in the past.
Colorblind

This text is irrelevant

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 08:04:27 AM

You say you got working platform.
Where I can check it out?
Thanks!
khunglongrua

Activity: 200

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 08:11:04 AM

I want reserved Vietnamese translation.
I don't use google translator, because of a Vietnamese.

Good luck your project.
rentberry

Activity: 266

Rentberry - Decentralized Home Rental Platform

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 08:26:29 AM
Last edit: November 14, 2017, 10:58:05 AM by rentberry

Dear khunglongrua,

Thanks for your interest in Rentberry. We are now working on translations into other languages.
We were not planning to translate it into Vietnamese, but we'll let you know if this happens.

Colorblind

This text is irrelevant

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:26:13 AM

Hi, thanks for your interest in Rentberry. You can take a look at our platform here - https://rentberry.com. We launched Rentberry in 2016, and now the platform covers 4,948 cities, features more than 180k property listings, and has around 110K active users.

For me it appears that your platform have no unique listings but rather just parse this website's listings https://hotpads.com/11-s-central-ave-phoenix-az-85004-stkqn5/2523/pad
https://rentberry.com/apartments/440064-two-br-11-s-central-ave-phoenix-az

I wonder if I will call the agent, will he confirm he used your service for the listing?
rentberry

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 09:53:09 AM
Last edit: November 14, 2017, 10:55:21 AM by rentberry

Dear Colorblind,

We appreciate your interest in Rentberry and will be happy to provide answers to your questions.

1. You can take a look at our platform here - https://rentberry.com. We launched Rentberry in 2016, and now the platform covers 4,948 cities, features more than 180k property listings, and has around 110K active users.

If you doubt Rentberry exists, you can read about us in well-respected media like The Wall Street Journal, BBC News, NBC, ABC7News to name just a few:

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-39355984
http://www.pressheretv.com/bid-on-your-next-apartment
wsj.com/articles/want-that-apartment-you-may-have-to-bid-for-it-1491134407

If still not convinced, you can also check our company's page on Crunchbase: https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/rentberry

Also, you're more than welcome to visit our office in San Francisco (201 Spear Street, Suite 1100, San Francisco, CA 94105).

2. You also asked about unique listings and syndication. Below you can find the list of unique property listings you asked for.
We have enough work to do here at the office apart from filtering property listings on your demand, but here's what we've gathered rather quickly:

[https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PHskYO4qgfDOkz4TAoZS1vxC_EApRvUJ5GjgWlnFwtg/edit#gid=0]

You can also check the review from landlord using Rentberry from ABC7 Interview:
http://abc7news.com/video/embed/?pid=2496273 

3. Speaking of our syndication and partnership with other platforms, we have official agreements with each rental platform we're partners with. As these documents contain sensitive corporate information, we are not in the position to disclose them. What in particular would you like to learn about our partnerships?

We do syndicate our listings to 9 partner platforms as per property owner's request and accept listings from MLSs to provide our tenants with more rentals to choose from. Those familiar with how things work in the real estate know that using MLS (Multiple Listing Services) are a common practice in the industry.

Hope we've answered all your questions now.
If you still have doubts or concerns, feel free to write to us directly via support@rentberry.com (or come for a coffee to our office in SF).

Toltekayotl

Activity: 532
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 10:10:39 AM

I don't quite understand why we need the blockchain in this project.
Colorblind

This text is irrelevant

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 10:19:45 AM

On Rentberry, we have both unique listings that can only be found on our platform

Care to link 100-200 of those? It should be fairly easy task and solid easily checkable proof that you have your share of the business.   

We have partnerships with 9 rental platforms, which is clearly stated on our website - https://rentberry.com/rental-syndication.

Thanks for the link, I have e-mailed some of them to check if they know about your syndication. While I'm waiting response from your parthners could you answer, does "syndication" means you have actual agreements with those companies or you simply use their logos without any conscent whatsoever? Can you provide anything of a significance on that account?

Most importantly, however, is that Rentberry is not just another property listing service but rather a closed-loop rental platform allowing tenants and landlords to complete all rental tasks online.

Great! Are there any particular landlords that are hungry to use your platform? Can you ask them to appear here and post statements with some proof of why they are?

Excuse me for, perhaps being a little harsh with questions, but since you are asking for my (and other community members) money, I assume it is okay to ask questions, and check if the answers are meaningful right?
cuddlefish

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 10:24:09 AM

New idea, it is different project with real estate
But rentberry is rental home at blockchain
I am so curious what will happen in the future with this platform
I will keep an eyes here to keep updated about rentberry
rentberry

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 10:56:26 AM
Last edit: October 25, 2017, 11:15:17 AM by rentberry

Hi Toltekayotl, thanks for your interest in Rentberry.
We'll be glad to answer your question. Our platform is based on blockchain technology for a number of reasons.  

To begin with, we are working on the entirely new algorithm of rental security deposit collection. At the moment, billions of dollars are frozen in security deposits around the world, and Rentberry will help unfreeze this money with our crowdsourced rental security deposit approach. Members of the Rentberry community will be able to cover a portion of rental security deposits in exchange for rewards, thus unblocking billions of dollars and reducing the financial burden for tenants.

What's more, our goal is to create a universally-applicable scoring system for landlords and tenants. We plan to analyze all interactions between landlords and tenants made on the platform and based on this information calculate personal scores. This scoring system will help both landlords and tenants make an educated decision when choosing who to sign rental agreement with. Now credit history is used in the US to help landlords select tenants, but it is only valid in the US and can only be used by landlords. Here at Rentberry, we plan to build our proprietary scoring system that will benefit both parties.

Zontop

Activity: 854
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 11:00:27 AM

Idea isn't new but project is new as at 2 projects have already raised money on similar concept. This industry is vast and has room to more companies to grow but unfortunate none has delivered yet. Since the nature of this business is very complicated it needs lot of time to see adaption. It is nice try that's why I will watch the progress of this project.
clixcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 11:10:30 AM

It seems interesting home rental powered by blockchain to it will become global platform. Comparison chart will be helpful for potential investors what are advantages you are offering to you investors. No doubt this is trillion dollars industry a big room of growth for this project.
Colorblind

This text is irrelevant

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 11:12:47 AM

Hi Toltekayotl, thanks for your interest in Rentberry.
We'll be glad to answer your question. Our platform is based on blockchain technology for a number of reasons. 

To begin with, we are working on the entirely new algorithm of rental security deposit collection. At the moment, billions of dollars are frozen in security deposits around the world, and Rentberry will help unfreeze this money with our crowdsourced rental security deposit approach. Members of the Rentberry community will be able to cover a portion of rental security deposits in exchange for rewards, thus unblocking billions of dollars and reducing the financial burden for tenants.

Isn't conventional Ether enough to achieve this? Put ETH in smart contract and you done. Why invent another blockchain when there is working one already in place?

What's more, our goal is to create a universally-applicable scoring system for landlords and tenants. We plan to analyze all interactions between landlords and tenants made on the platform and based on this information calculate personal scores. This scoring system will help both landlords and tenants make an educated decision when choosing who to sign rental agreement with. No credit history is used in the US to help landlords select tenants, but it is only valid in the US and can only be used by landlords. Here at Rentberry, we plan to build our proprietary scoring system that will benefit both parties.

How is this any different to "stars" rating everyone use already?

CasusBelli

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 11:21:40 AM

Hi, thanks for your interest in Rentberry. You can take a look at our platform here - https://rentberry.com. We launched Rentberry in 2016, and now the platform covers 4,948 cities, features more than 180k property listings, and has around 110K active users.
Sorry, I don't understand clearly - your platform now working only in USA, or in another countries too?
Colorblind

This text is irrelevant

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 11:30:31 AM

Sorry, I don't understand clearly - your platform now working only in USA, or in another countries too?

I'm not sure if they aware themselves of their listings geography since it looks like their service just pulled data from different rental services to appear legit. So far they failed to provide a single unique listing on their website.
rentberry

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 11:51:59 AM

Hi CasusBelli, thanks for your question.
At the moment, Rentberry covers the US only. However, we've already received a number of franchise/partnership offers from Australia, New Zealand, the UK, Cyprus, and more. In light of this, we are now planning to expand internationally. You can find more details about our future plans in the Roadmap section of our website - https://ico.rentberry.com

CasusBelli

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 11:59:46 AM

I'm not sure if they aware themselves of their listings geography since it looks like their service just pulled data from different rental services to appear legit. So far they failed to provide a single unique listing on their website.

Why do you think so?
rentberry

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 12:01:05 PM

Dear Colorblind,

We would like to clarify that Rentberry operates in long-term rental segment only. As far as we know (and we're rather well-versed in the topic for obvious reasons), it's not some kind of star rating but a combination of credit score, credit history, employment history and recommendations from previous landlords/employers what affects the decision of landlord. This makes the process of applying for rentals time-consuming and full of bureaucratic procedures.
Our goal at Rentberry is to simplify the procedure and establish a new standard of landlord/tenant scoring that will be legally binding across the world.

Colorblind

This text is irrelevant

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:23:02 PM

Why do you think so?

Because I checked some of the rental listings on their website and they are duplicates from other websites. Then I asked if they have any unique listings on their website and they answered yes, but failed to provide at leaset some of them. This makes me think they just parsed other websides blindly to make their service appear legit when in fact no business activity is conducted. It is very easy to disprove - all they need to do is just post 50-100 links of the unique rental listings from their service, I'll make a couple of calls to the listing posters and ask if they in fact made those listings using rentberry service and then I will be more than glad to invest, knowing my funds are safe. So easy!
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: