Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:11:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My strategy for the next hardfork SEGWIT2X  (Read 3412 times)
ChiNgadOr (OP)

Activity: 1680
Merit: 278

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 08:10:28 AM

My strategy for the next fork, that is supposed to take place around 20th nov.
If there are exchanges that support it and credit B2X for BTC in 1:1 ratio, then i will sell all my alts to buy just and only BItcoin. (nowdays i dont have a cent in BTC). This B2X seems by far very more worth than the BTG shit.. JUst right after the fork, dumping of BTC to buy the bleeding alts that will be around cryptomarket. I will keep the B2X at least for some days (as there is no replay protection, so better safe than sorry) and then decide if keep or dump also.
NOw the question is.. it is smart to sell my damaged altcoins still with lost (since i bought during the summer ATH) and start accumulating BTC? when should i do it? will the altcoins have another rise like yesterday? will BTC still drop more ?
take in mind that last time, people began accumulating BTC as long as 3 weeks before the hardfork... so no much time left for a decision.
what do you think?

┌∩┐(◕_◕) ┌∩┐ Not your keys, not your coins. Binance (and any other CEX) can fuck off ┌∩┐(◕_◕) ┌∩┐
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
biletskiy

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 08:23:47 AM

In my opinion better don't buy Bitcoin just for earning from fork.
Just keep you coins and they will also rise up.

Fork from Bitcoin was only one time with success. Freebie can be only 1 time.
rowenta01

Activity: 1216
Merit: 333

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 08:50:48 AM

I think that in this period Bitcoincash can be a real bet. In my opinion, it risks to suck during the period before the fork.

So I'm going to try to get BCC, Bitcoin, and the rest in Altcoin.

Report to moderator 
__◣   Stake.com   ◥
Stake v2 Now live!
12+ Gamemodes  |  Provably Fair  |   Daily Giveaways
Cicada1033

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:01:48 AM

I think that in this period Bitcoincash can be a real bet. In my opinion, it risks to suck during the period before the fork.

So I'm going to try to get BCC, Bitcoin, and the rest in Altcoin.

I would never trust Bitcoincash and certainly not if more "competitioners" rush on the market by forks. Just stay with Bitcoin and forget about Bitcoin Cash it will continue it's downwardtrend. The only reason why it still has value is because a lot of people are too lazy to claim and sell them.

ModulTrade ║  DEMOCRATIZING GLOBAL TRADE WITH BLOCKCHAIN TECHNOLOGY  ║ ModulTrade
The Freedom To Trade▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ White Paper ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬The Freedom To Trade
FacebookMediumLinkedinTwitterTelegramReddit
aliman00

Activity: 169
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:48:11 AM

There can be only one Smiley

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
coinporch

Activity: 1036
Merit: 252

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:52:08 AM

Split your investments,
30% for BTC and 70% in altcoins, because after the segwit 2x BTC price could be dump hardly
and alt is the way to make another profit

ChiNgadOr (OP)

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:52:54 AM

but you can't compare B2X with other forks... i think is way more valuable than the rest!
right now the fishy scammy B2X futures negotiated by hitbtc have a good price (around 1000$), and i think this will be the price of B2X at least when fork arrives.

┌∩┐(◕_◕) ┌∩┐ Not your keys, not your coins. Binance (and any other CEX) can fuck off ┌∩┐(◕_◕) ┌∩┐
renes

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 10:15:01 AM

There is no need to think about next forks etc. The best strategy is do nothing. Tried and tested  Smiley This is a difficult game, doing nothing is the best strategy mostly.
vlad06

Activity: 537
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 10:36:40 AM

I'm thinking of going all in on BTC.
xenomorphe1

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 11:04:34 AM

It is not an easy decision. To get free B2X or just speculate as usual. It is risky to change all altcoins for Bitcoin now. As we don't know if the altcoin will worth more or not.
And we don't know the value of B2X when it will be out. If when you trade you get more than waiting for the work, it is better to stay in trading. But if you don't plan to trade, it is better to change the altcoins to bitcoin i think. But you need to watch what is the best moment to sell your altcoin for bitcoin. You don't need to immediately do it. But you need to know when they are going to do the fork and the time for the Bitcoin snapshot. The snapshop will happen at block 494,784.
tatumus

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 11:14:56 AM

There is no need to think about next forks etc. The best strategy is do nothing. Tried and tested  Smiley This is a difficult game, doing nothing is the best strategy mostly.

I second that!
leea-1334

Activity: 2240
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 11:19:33 AM

If there are exchanges that support it and credit B2X for BTC in 1:1 ratio, then i will sell all my alts to buy just and only BItcoin. (nowdays i dont have a cent in BTC). This B2X seems by far very more worth than the BTG shit.. JUst right after the fork, dumping of BTC to buy the bleeding alts that will be around cryptomarket. I will keep the B2X at least for some days (as there is no replay protection, so better safe than sorry) and then decide if keep or dump also.
NOw the question is.. it is smart to sell my damaged altcoins still with lost (since i bought during the summer ATH) and start accumulating BTC? when should i do it? will the altcoins have another rise like yesterday? will BTC still drop more ?
take in mind that last time, people began accumulating BTC as long as 3 weeks before the hardfork... so no much time left for a decision.
what do you think?

It is a sound strategy in my opinion, because Segwit2x will be bigger than BCG, even if none of the three forks this year will overcome Bitcoin. I have lost a lot of BTC due to alts dipping, and I stayed away from BCG. But just before Segwit2x fork, I will do the same, sell half my alts to BTC, get the free coins, sell back for more BTC, and then rebuy my alts. I think I can at least recover 5% of losses this way.

I am holding all losses until then.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ChiNgadOr (OP)

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 11:56:17 AM

well taking in mind the actual market.. rises/drops... impossible to follow... so the winner strategy will be DO NOTHING!
i think it is time to turn off the TV, wait some years and then see what happened with my investment..

ChiNgadOr (OP)

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 02:12:46 PM

I have been thinking a lot about this...
As i have been doing my own research, it seems that dumping alts to buy BTC and get the valuable B2X, could be a very big mistake that i'm not going to assume. The hardfork would be without the necessary, changes necessary for upgrade to 0.15.
Instead of that there is a high risk with security vulnerabilities of Bitcoin 0.14, so hackers could take advantage of this and make a lot of damage to our wallets.
The B2X team didn't also put any effort to improve B2X with replay protection. Segwit2x nodes will look exactly like bitcoin nodes so that bitcoin nodes do not know what transaction should reject... all this sounds fishy..  
Balls of steel to risk your investments? Then go for B2X .. me at least, i decided to keep on with my alts.
take your own decision, but please be warned. be careful.

BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 02:51:27 PM

in my opinion planning for SegWit2x this soon is madness. that fork is not like BTG to be clearly a premined shitcoin, you need to wait and see what will happen. and also if everyone starts thinking about you, the price will go to the moon and by the time you want to sell altcoins to get bitcoin or even buy it, that would be way too late.

i also find it strange that you say you are not holding any amount of bitcoin but you claim to be holding altcoins which have lost considerable amount of their price (since you bought in summer ATH)!

from your comments here i have a feeling that you read a lot of reddit emotional bullshit and you are caught up in it. if so, you have to seriously stop it or that will hurt you badly.

the valuable B2X,
valuable? we don't know yet.
it may replace bitcoin and become the majority chain. or it may end up being nothing with 0 hashrate. or it may be a split and leave bitcoin half and half!

The hardfork would be without the necessary, changes necessary for upgrade to 0.15.
Instead of that there is a high risk with security vulnerabilities of Bitcoin 0.14, so hackers could take advantage of this and make a lot of damage to our wallets.
if these numbers are bitcoin core versions, then i believe btc1 has already merged 0.15 changes into their repository. but i am certain that there has been NO security vulnerabilities in bitcoin core 0.14.

a large part of bitcoin network is still on 0.14 by the way!

The B2X team didn't also put any effort to improve B2X with replay protection.
replay protection is not an improvement. it is either a necessity or a damaging thing.
it is a necessity if a fork doesn't have enough support (>95%) and can potentially leave another chain running.
a damaging thing if it has a large support (>95%) because it causes everyone to be forced to upgrade their wallets. think of this as if after SegWit fork in September you would have to upgrade your wallet just because they implemented replay protection for SegWit soft fork which had 100% support!

their team believes they have a large amount of support and i believe they won't implement replay protection until proven otherwise which means until the real signaling begins.

Segwit2x nodes will look exactly like bitcoin nodes so that bitcoin nodes do not know what transaction should reject...
no they won't. they will start sending invalid blocks and then transactions which will be rejected by the bitcoin network. the worst thing that can happen is wasting bitcoin nodes' resources such as bandwidth and CPU power.
(don't confuse this with replay attack)

by the way if they would have looked exactly like bitcoin nodes then there would have been a serious flaw in bitcoin!

all this sounds fishy.. 
Balls of steel to risk your investments? Then go for B2X .. me at least, i decided to keep on with my alts.
take your own decision, but please be warned. be careful.
all that said is just my understanding and my plans. i prefer to wait and watch before deciding what B2X is. wait to see how many of the miners stay and how many will go, how many of the businesses, .... will do the same.
and obviously i am holding bitcoin but for a very long time i don't mind any dips, in the end the real bitcoin will survive.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
PPleaseman

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 04:21:36 PM

I will sell half of my altcoins if the go 100% for bitcoin, otherwise i will do nothing and hold. Im in for the longterm.

Cheers
Mihaylovic

Activity: 910
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 07:29:43 PM

Your strategy sounds good but how can u be sure that alts will go down. Maybe opposite they will raise up and you ll stay with your bitcoins and wont be able to buy them back
MisterLG

Activity: 476
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 07:39:54 PM

I would hold the alts if I were you mate. Fill your bags when they are low and just be patient.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
fia_naila

Activity: 770
Merit: 258

The Standart Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 08:19:32 PM

Why did you co.pare btg to segwit2x. Segwit2x is a legit hardfork and btg is just a shit coin. Any one can make such coin and name d it btc silver btc bronze etc...the real hard fork is segwit2x. But i also see very much tag on twitter using no2x or something. But segwit2x is better then btg maybe the price will be equal to bitcoin cash

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 08:22:53 PM

what do you think?
Which alts did you buy? If the picks are good I would just keep holding.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: