Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:14:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My strategy for the next hardfork SEGWIT2X  (Read 3412 times)
uray

Activity: 1400
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 11:05:23 PM

Split your investments,
30% for BTC and 70% in altcoins, because after the segwit 2x BTC price could be dump hardly
and alt is the way to make another profit
What makes you think that the price of bitcoin will dumb as soon as the segwit 2x is activated,i am not sure where the price would go after the fork but i am positive that you wont see a crash unless there is some major issues arising after the fork,i understand both sides of the fork but i am still not sure which will serve us better in the long run.I will hold on to my coins and will decide about it later.
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ninobtcx

Activity: 418
Merit: 262

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 11:45:34 PM

It's reasonable to expect BTC price to dip right after the segwit 2x coins are distributed and there's no point in keeping holding BTC, but it's also true that the rally we are seeing cannot be justified by just the segwit2x and therefore might continue even after the fork. I will personally hold all my BTC.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 11:49:41 PM

Split your investments,
30% for BTC and 70% in altcoins, because after the segwit 2x BTC price could be dump hardly
What makes you think that the price of bitcoin will dumb as soon as the segwit 2x is activated,i am not sure where the price would go after the fork but i am positive that you wont see a crash unless there is some major issues arising after the fork,i understand both sides of the fork but i am still not sure which will serve us better in the long run.I will hold on to my coins and will decide about it later.
Well, the last time Bitcoin rose this hard it dumped to 50% of its peak and then went flat for quite a while with a slight downward tilt. I doubt that we'll be seeing this again though, at least not this time. A ~50% correction might happen for all I know, but it won't last for years like last time.
Invester

Activity: 646
Merit: 252

PNNV.COM Live bitcoin price monitor

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 12:13:20 AM

It's reasonable to expect BTC price to dip right after the segwit 2x coins are distributed and there's no point in keeping holding BTC, but it's also true that the rally we are seeing cannot be justified by just the segwit2x and therefore might continue even after the fork. I will personally hold all my BTC.

What you are saying are basically the two possibilities that are always there. The chances of Bitcoin to go up or down are always present for a volatile market. There are always some reasons for Bitcoin's value to go up as much as reasons for Bitcoin's value to go down. That is why we need some analysis, brilliant ones, to know which direction Bitcoin will take. But either way, holding Bitcoin is always good.

████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PNNV.com..>..Live BTCitcoin Monitor.
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
SerenW

Activity: 169
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 01:10:04 AM

No one can actually tell how exactly the market is going to react right after the fork, only speculations that btc is going to dump hard. BTC dump equal to alts pump, so better watch the market actively and sell half of your alts at the actual rates where did you bought them or at a little gain. This is what I'm actually going to do.

BTC: bc1qky6p6aptuqcha650dclqhs0k4pawrqc7g0zhz8
ETH: 0x7407Ee8B6cFED6E1cabd67dC91D23D9DB5D7e801
redwine49

Activity: 966
Merit: 111

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 02:15:26 PM

Split your investments,
Well, the last time Bitcoin rose this hard it dumped to 50% of its peak and then went flat for quite a while with a slight downward tilt. I doubt that we'll be seeing this again though, at least not this time. A ~50% correction might happen for all I know, but it won't last for years like last time.

my prediction bitcoin could be dump hard after the fork but it will not reach 50% value.
i cant say alot whats make me think about that. bitcoin will start to fall around 15-22th november. max around 10% - 30% from the last price and it will rise again. for long term its still good to keep bitcoin. i believe it will break 10k $/btc next year

J A C K B I T   |   FreeSpins & FreeBets      Welcome Bonus     Rakeback VIP Club
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄ ▄▄▄   C R Y P T O   C A S I N O   &   S P O R T S B O O K   ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄
ArgentBit

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 02:23:34 PM

I am holding on to my alt coins as I bought them with a specific belief.  Some are up and some are down.  I will hold the BTC that I own and add according to my plan.  Stay to coure and remember why you bought your alts in the first place.  If something fundamentally chages then I would sell.
mattbellme

Activity: 135
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 02:43:28 PM

If you sell your B2x on bitfinex will your BTC potentially be spent/sold aswell?

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
ninobtcx

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 09:54:10 AM

What you are saying are basically the two possibilities that are always there. The chances of Bitcoin to go up or down are always present for a volatile market. There are always some reasons for Bitcoin's value to go up as much as reasons for Bitcoin's value to go down. That is why we need some analysis, brilliant ones, to know which direction Bitcoin will take. But either way, holding Bitcoin is always good.

Absolutely, BTC price is destined to raise. But nothing goes only up all of a sudden, there is always going to be pullbacks and swings of momentum (temporarily). At this point in time BTC is obviously much higher than it was just a few weeks ago thanks to the China ICO ban FUD, but in terms of momentum the situation is very bullish as it's exactly in situations like this that BTC had its biggest price increase. I'm definitely not selling until the fork, and probably not even after it.

hi-men

Activity: 63

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 10:23:00 AM

Most of alts has fallen badly, if you bought them at summer heights don't sell them now. For ex. ether was worth around 0.09 btc in august (300$) now it's worth 0.043 (300$). Many other alts suffered more damage,you've lost at least 40% of you portfolio in satoshis. Alts will have huge push soon or they will die (not so likely Smiley because the only point of holding them is faster growth then btc in time. My advice is - stay in alts...
EMS-007

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 02:45:58 PM

There is no need to think about next forks etc. The best strategy is do nothing. Tried and tested  Smiley This is a difficult game, doing nothing is the best strategy mostly.
Indeed!
This the best, safest and profitable strategy in my opinion too!
Wink
shafi alam

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 03:33:54 PM

when bitcoin gold was released , this time i have little amount of bitcoin . and i get btc gold equal of btc . and i think now price of bitcoin is too much high its not good time for buy bitcoin . if you have some don't sale those coin you will get equal coin .
JohnnyUranus

Activity: 130
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 08:08:17 PM

Most of alts has fallen badly, if you bought them at summer heights don't sell them now. For ex. ether was worth around 0.09 btc in august (300$) now it's worth 0.043 (300$). Many other alts suffered more damage,you've lost at least 40% of you portfolio in satoshis. Alts will have huge push soon or they will die (not so likely Smiley because the only point of holding them is faster growth then btc in time. My advice is - stay in alts...

OR sell them now and buy them back cheaper after a week  Cheesy

shalnark

Activity: 196
Merit: 121

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 08:50:49 PM

when bitcoin gold was released , this time i have little amount of bitcoin . and i get btc gold equal of btc . and i think now price of bitcoin is too much high its not good time for buy bitcoin . if you have some don't sale those coin you will get equal coin .
My strategy last hardfork is to buy and hold bitcoin, because as I experienced last segwit, I withdraw all my savings in wallet due to as I expected bitcoin value were fall down. But it is wrong because it will raising up after segwit.
That's why this 2nd hardfork I buy a lot of bitcoin and I just hold it and now I was win win due to good decision and strategy I've been made.
yua_na

Activity: 434
Merit: 175

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 11:54:52 AM

You have a good strategy. But we are did not know yet untill the times has come what will happen after hard fork there are always two posibilities. Goes up or down. Many people say ethereum will goes up after bitcoin hard fork but the truth is we dont know it yet. Invest to coin you trust most..
Sarveshjagga

Activity: 73

Etherium Era

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 11:56:16 AM

I think that in this period Bitcoincash can be a real bet. In my opinion, it risks to suck during the period before the fork.

So I'm going to try to get BCC, Bitcoin, and the rest in Altcoin.

I would never trust Bitcoincash and certainly not if more "competitioners" rush on the market by forks. Just stay with Bitcoin and forget about Bitcoin Cash it will continue it's downwardtrend. The only reason why it still has value is because a lot of people are too lazy to claim and sell them.

What willl be the best buy prices.. after fork, I will also buy btg, segwit2x and bch for 40k dollars.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 06:30:23 PM

Split your investments,

my prediction bitcoin could be dump hard after the fork but it will not reach 50% value.
i cant say alot whats make me think about that. bitcoin will start to fall around 15-22th november. max around 10% - 30% from the last price and it will rise again. for long term its still good to keep bitcoin. i believe it will break 10k $/btc next year
The fork has been called off and nothing has really happened to Bitcoin. Around 10% down and back to sideways movements so far. But it has only been a day so we will see how things develop.
winterland

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 06:42:54 PM

My strategy for the next fork, that is supposed to take place around 20th nov.
If there are exchanges that support it and credit B2X for BTC in 1:1 ratio, then i will sell all my alts to buy just and only BItcoin. (nowdays i dont have a cent in BTC). This B2X seems by far very more worth than the BTG shit.. JUst right after the fork, dumping of BTC to buy the bleeding alts that will be around cryptomarket. I will keep the B2X at least for some days (as there is no replay protection, so better safe than sorry) and then decide if keep or dump also.
NOw the question is.. it is smart to sell my damaged altcoins still with lost (since i bought during the summer ATH) and start accumulating BTC? when should i do it? will the altcoins have another rise like yesterday? will BTC still drop more ?
take in mind that last time, people began accumulating BTC as long as 3 weeks before the hardfork... so no much time left for a decision.
what do you think?
The strategy was not bad but now there is not going to be a fork then it could be a good idea to get out of bitcoin and get alts instead, I would like to do the same but I cannot afford to take the risk with the amount of bitcoin I have but for those that can, getting altcoins seems like a good business to me.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 06:47:57 PM

My strategy for the next fork, that is supposed to take place around 20th nov.
If there are exchanges that support it and credit B2X for BTC in 1:1 ratio, then i will sell all my alts to buy just and only BItcoin. (nowdays i dont have a cent in BTC). This B2X seems by far very more worth than the BTG shit.. JUst right after the fork, dumping of BTC to buy the bleeding alts that will be around cryptomarket. I will keep the B2X at least for some days (as there is no replay protection, so better safe than sorry) and then decide if keep or dump also.
NOw the question is.. it is smart to sell my damaged altcoins still with lost (since i bought during the summer ATH) and start accumulating BTC? when should i do it? will the altcoins have another rise like yesterday? will BTC still drop more ?
take in mind that last time, people began accumulating BTC as long as 3 weeks before the hardfork... so no much time left for a decision.
what do you think?
The strategy was not bad but now there is not going to be a fork then it could be a good idea to get out of bitcoin and get alts instead, I would like to do the same but I cannot afford to take the risk with the amount of bitcoin I have but for those that can, getting altcoins seems like a good business to me.
Just move a part of your Bitcoins into altcoins. Keeping everything in Bitcoin is much riskier than diversifying. Be careful though and do proper research beforehand.
ninobtcx

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:47:45 AM

This thread shows how important it is to think strategically but act tactically and be always on the move for B Plans whenever the unexpectable happens.. look at this, everyone was expecting Segwit 2x and bitocoin to rise until the 15th November, then not only Segwit 2x was cancelled but Bitcoin Cash stole big portio of Bitcoin's capital and in a matter of hours Bitcoin is back to the 6200 range.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: