Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:03:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mine bitcoin through game?  (Read 284 times)
dododo333 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 08:20:07 AM

Sound impossible to me, but I think I saw there are a lot of server from a game that called Minecraft, long story short, their player earned BTC just by playing on this server . So how's that even possible? Like I mean who fund money to the owner to give them money?  Undecided ?
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 08:59:00 AM

Sound impossible to me, but I think I saw there are a lot of server from a game that called Minecraft, long story short, their player earned BTC just by playing on this server . So how's that even possible? Like I mean who fund money to the owner to give them money?  Undecided ?

Well the owner hold some amount and probably buys btc from adds or whatever. I figure that servers like those are like faucets, btc there is more like a gimmick. You probably wouldn't earn more than a couple of thousands of satoshi... it's just a more fancy faucet.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:01:58 AM

It is indeed a fancy faucet.

There are most likely ways the owner earns revenue from adds somewhere, either on the website or in game somehow.
MostHigh

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:04:28 AM

Well the owner hold some amount and probably buys btc from adds or whatever. I figure that servers like those are like faucets, btc there is more like a gimmick. You probably wouldn't earn more than a couple of thousands of satoshi... it's just a more fancy faucet.
well if a couple of satoshi will be all i get for playing games then i wouldnt send valuable time endulging in it
Kingofbitcoin12345

Activity: 462
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:06:20 AM
Last edit: October 25, 2017, 12:09:09 PM by Kingofbitcoin12345

I have played Dragon tale last night,, I don’t know what minecraft is.. It is also addictive,, faucet like,, gambling like game that has interesting features.. You can deposit bitcoin to bet on thos many games that are fun to play with.. There is also a chance to earned a living there being a mentor and teaches new comers to do the task easily.. But in return you give a tip but on your own decision on what he deserved to be given..

____________yahoo62278 CAMPAIGN MANAGER________  ◥◥  The Best & Most Popular Manager  ◤◤  ____________
ICO Manager          Bounty Manager          Signature Campaign Manager          Twitter Campaign Manager
█████████████████████████   ADD "yahoo62278" on Telegram & Skype   █████████████████████████
acener

Activity: 1274
Merit: 115

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:08:58 AM

I think this is possible, it's just like a faucet however, you would need to play a game to generate bitcoin. This is a good past-time, however, you shouldn't focus on it because you will just be wasting a lot of time.

Emoclaw

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:11:57 AM

If you enjoy playing Minecraft and you would play it anyways, then it wouldn't be a bad thing to play on these servers if they're good.
But if you want to play so that you can earn money forget it. It's a waste of time and you'd be better off picking up pennies off the streets.

It's also safe to assume that you'd earn more claiming all the faucets on faucethub than playing on such servers.
AverageGlabella
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1080

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:13:50 AM

Probably just rewarding them for playing but very little amounts. There's no way you can use it for actual mining.
Cicada1033

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:20:08 AM

I don't think the people who own these servers are mining them selves. They probably just distribute some BTC to users as marketing strategy. How much do they distribute? I expect the amount to be very little.

ModulTrade ║  DEMOCRATIZING GLOBAL TRADE WITH BLOCKCHAIN TECHNOLOGY  ║ ModulTrade
The Freedom To Trade▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ White Paper ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬The Freedom To Trade
FacebookMediumLinkedinTwitterTelegramReddit
jakezyrus

Activity: 714

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:21:05 AM

If you enjoy playing Minecraft and you would play it anyways, then it wouldn't be a bad thing to play on these servers if they're good.
But if you want to play so that you can earn money forget it. It's a waste of time and you'd be better off picking up pennies off the streets.

It's also safe to assume that you'd earn more claiming all the faucets on faucethub than playing on such servers.

lol yeah, and as far as i know, playing on a minecraft server is not free and you need to pay for it in order for you to acces those special servers and your not actually mining bitcoins while playing although literally your character is mining and thats why  the game is called minecraft and i believe the pay rate for this game is  frigin low, yet id rather collect bitcoins from a faucet than wasting my time playing this endless game.
DAVETUN

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

Bitcoin is the currency of this age

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:22:40 AM

Quit strange,the amount of satoshi mine through these platform will be vry minimal,except you enjoy the game it does not worth mining through  game or faucet,its share waste of time.
warrior333

Activity: 406
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:30:44 AM

I do not believe that during the game you can earn any significant amount of bitcoins. During hashing the computer has booted up completely and you will not be able to play. If you can play it for production use only spare capacity. This is very small. Now stand even with the GPU can't provide a decent yield.
Beefcake

Activity: 279
Merit: 132

Beefcake!!!

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:35:03 AM

lol yeah, and as far as i know, playing on a minecraft server is not free and you need to pay for it in order for you to acces those special servers and your not actually mining bitcoins while playing although literally your character is mining and thats why  the game is called minecraft and i believe the pay rate for this game is  frigin low, yet id rather collect bitcoins from a faucet than wasting my time playing this endless game.

Actually, every server I have played is free but you can buy premium stuff if you want (better weapons etc).

I have not played on any btc server but I have heard of them.  Likely they accept it as a payment and have some way to earn in game.  However I find it implausible that you will actually make any real money playing on there.  If the server is fun for you then have at it.  Otherwise if your goal is to obtain crypto, the best way I know of is to get a job of some sort and convert fiat into crypto.  Most other activities (faucets etc) are a massive waste of time, even compared to earning minimum wage.
thinkdifferent

Activity: 212

ASK ME FOR LOANS

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:43:09 AM

I think these guys are paying for spending time on their site. You are not mining any coins.

ASK ME FOR LOANS
thenameisjay

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:50:39 AM

I doubt this one's mining because it's just virtually impossible for a rig to mine coins from games. If they however play for the server, must be a faucet. The owner or moderator may have been feeding faucets and satoshis to the players to increase the audience. Double check if moderator is a streamer. I think he/she needs people so giving out faucets wouldn't harm his/her stream income.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
Maveth13

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:56:36 AM

It is probably just another faucet that implements a game to give rewards. Pretty smart since a lot of people still plays minecraft for some reason. But since its a faucet, the profit would be very small and not even worth anyone's time.
Wicked17

Activity: 476
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 10:03:37 AM

They possibly get the money to pay in user with the revenue in the advertisement in their website. Also like in a normal online games that there will be a premium items to be purchase first to speed up the bitcoin you will get. For me this is just a waste of time because you will only earn few money here by spending some time.

penig

Activity: 266
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 10:09:51 AM

It's not only possible, it's highly suitable to embed a miner app of some type into a game (except not for Bitcoin itself obvious).  I'm only surprised there aren't games built around a cryptocurrency as the in game currency so that you can pay for items or earn credit, and sell out easily when you've tired.
pat4cryptoreal

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 10:17:59 AM

It is always a very small amount of satoshi that is most times given. Along the line some may even ask you to still use it and play the game again so the small satoshi will still go back to the owner of the site.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: