Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 04:21:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New to Bitcoins, just got my first wallet.  (Read 1348 times)
xboxgames

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 12:57:55 AM

Well now i screwed up, I got to 0.12 BTC and I was saving a backup, and in the process it asked for my passphrase, and when I enter it, it does not work.  I use the same password for everything, and it is not working, somehow i must of managed to enter it wrong twice when I was creating it, and now i guess i screwed and pretty frustrated that i just wasted hours of my time doing those tasks all for nothing now, Ive tried and tired but nothing works. kmn

Was a cheap lesson. You might be able to recover it, ask around for help.
burnout88 (OP)

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 01:08:26 AM

I figured out my passpharse, i figured that i must of just hit one wrong key while entering it, and so i went through all sorts of possiblities until i got the right one. thank god, i was ready to hang myself lol, 
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 01:16:00 AM

I figured out my passpharse, i figured that i must of just hit one wrong key while entering it, and so i went through all sorts of possiblities until i got the right one. thank god, i was ready to hang myself lol, 

lol, good thing you got it! Now don't forget it, Smiley. As far as I've read, it's pretty much impossible to crack unless you know most of the password (in which case you're only searching for the filler letters).

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
robert5

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 01:22:19 AM

Well i managed to get 0.09601037 in coins doing tasks for like 5 hours straight.  Talk about working for nothing lol but ill take it

I like to get 0.09 also...
What were those tasks?

ewindermere

Activity: 8

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 01:42:13 AM

Hello, I am new to the whole bitcoin thing, and now with bitcoins being all over the news I figure I should get into it.  I just got my first wallet open and next paycheck I will buy my first coin.  In the mean time I figured I would post on here asking if anyone wanted to donate some bitcoins to my wallet, my wallet is very empty and it would be really nice if someone could give me a jump start, I will take anything, as I am not wealthy and anything is better then nothing.  So if you have any extra coins, or are extremely wealthy and want to help out a someone new in the bitcoin world, send some coins my way.  Thanks for any help
Send any donations to:
1FNuzt9W92aAQEf64MyAyK2cob8CxgPs87

play some freerolls on satoshipoker, if you're good at poker
burnout88 (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 01:49:39 AM

The tasks were on coin worker, they paid 10 points per task, and it was identifying companies, lots of clicking to do, but worth the points, and they will start repeating lots so if you have a good memory it gets really easy.  And last i checked there was still 4000 some aviable, im sure I will continue doing them all night.  Just be sure you are getting the correct answers, to many wrong and they kick you out.  I finished that task about 100 times already.
burnout88 (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 01:55:26 AM

Well i managed to get 0.09601037 in coins doing tasks for like 5 hours straight.  Talk about working for nothing lol but ill take it

What were those tasks?

At coin worker the task is called "Determine if one company owns another (CrowdFlower Official Job)"  If you get the questions right, you can do it over and over and over.
ajax1980

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 01:58:46 AM

How'd you here about bitcoin?
robert5

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 02:08:13 AM

What were those tasks?

At coin worker the task is called "Determine if one company owns another (CrowdFlower Official Job)"  If you get the questions right, you can do it over and over and over.

What are the websites addresses where you got the 0.12? Can you pm them to me?

iTrader

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 02:09:41 AM

Hello, I am new to the whole bitcoin thing, and now with bitcoins being all over the news I figure I should get into it.  I just got my first wallet open and next paycheck I will buy my first coin.  In the mean time I figured I would post on here asking if anyone wanted to donate some bitcoins to my wallet, my wallet is very empty and it would be really nice if someone could give me a jump start, I will take anything, as I am not wealthy and anything is better then nothing.  So if you have any extra coins, or are extremely wealthy and want to help out a someone new in the bitcoin world, send some coins my way.  Thanks for any help
Send any donations to:

Welcome to Bitcoin lol - I've been watching it for a while now but like yourself have only joined the forums.
I would suggest visiting faucets and other free coin sites in the mean time - asking for donations usually gets you no where, but hey - those homeless people in the streets usually have a few coins in their cups! Tongue (no offense lol)

edit: just found this link

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=90718.0
perfect for yourself! - i love these forums! Smiley
btcworker

Activity: 15

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 02:16:29 AM

You are warmly welcome, fellow Bitcoiner!  Wink
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 02:19:02 AM

Hello, I am new to the whole bitcoin thing, and now with bitcoins being all over the news I figure I should get into it.  I just got my first wallet open and next paycheck I will buy my first coin.  In the mean time I figured I would post on here asking if anyone wanted to donate some bitcoins to my wallet, my wallet is very empty and it would be really nice if someone could give me a jump start, I will take anything, as I am not wealthy and anything is better then nothing.  So if you have any extra coins, or are extremely wealthy and want to help out a someone new in the bitcoin world, send some coins my way.  Thanks for any help
Send any donations to:

Welcome to Bitcoin lol - I've been watching it for a while now but like yourself have only joined the forums.
I would suggest visiting faucets and other free coin sites in the mean time - asking for donations usually gets you no where, but hey - those homeless people in the streets usually have a few coins in their cups! Tongue (no offense lol)

edit: just found this link

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=90718.0
perfect for yourself! - i love these forums! Smiley

BTC Faucets is much easier to use as it auto rotates and times the faucets for you, :p.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
burnout88 (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 02:20:32 AM

www.coinworker.com is where I got all my coins from.  I got them all from doing the same task, it is the task I mentioned above, you get 10 points every time you finish it, and they send you coins within 15 minutes after you reach 180 points, which i think is around 0.016 BTC, I have completed that same task over 100 times now, I am 30 points away from my next withdraw.  It is pretty simple the task, you just have to find out companies and there parent companies.  They give you like 120 minutes per task, but it takes me about 2 to 3 min to finish each one.  If you know a bit about businesses it helps, but memory works good to because lots of the companies repeat in the task.  It only takes so long, because you have to click on so many links per question to prove you looked it up.  But it has proven to be the easiest for me, and i get more coins for doing this one task then anything else.  I think there is like 4500 of this task still available, so better get going, i dont know if i will find another easy well paying task like this again.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: