Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:06:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin an asset or a currency?  (Read 3626 times)
Cloak1

Activity: 623
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 02:03:18 AM

For me to use bitcoin as a medium of currency, I need to find a seller who accepts bitcoin. So,  I prefer calling bitcoin as an asset. Considering bitcoin as an asset is like investing,  and bitcoin is a good investment for long term period.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
unangsajah

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 03:13:35 AM

Bitcoin is basically a digital currency used as a means of payment in the world of Crypto. But now many bitcoin that use as a place for investment, although with high risk. so depending on how we want to use it, because of the core bitcoin the only tool.
Jerald

Activity: 293
Merit: 107

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 03:16:22 AM

For me it is both asset and currency,because as we search about the meaning of bitcoin,it is a digital currency which we can use to buy online products if we don't sell it. An asset also because all things with value is we can say an asset,and bitcoin has a value and we can say that it is. No matter what is bitcoin we are happy that it has a big help to us to earn money.
mudasarali43

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 07:08:21 AM

I think due to their huge price and demand some peoples are thinking bitcoin as a asset because some assets have the only thing of increasing their price in future and some assets may increase or reduce in their price and if you observe the nature of bitcoin it is also changed and may be it tally some assets and that is why i think you can say it is an asset.
dexterbit

Activity: 82
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 07:57:28 AM

The latest proceedings about bitcoins suggest that it is a “valuable asset” rather than a “means of transaction”. While this question is open to debate, we will look at the various aspects of bitcoin and its utility, both as a currency and asset.We analyse the statistical properties of bitcoin and find that it is essentially uncorrelated with traditional asset classes such as stocks, bonds and commodities, both in normal times and in periods of financial turmoil.
bolbau

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 08:19:07 AM

I think it depends on the country where you live. like me in indonesia, bitcoin should not be used for payment instruments, because the legit currency is only rupiah. so what happens today is bitcoin just as a digital investment asset.
jcarlo

Activity: 798

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 08:27:28 AM

in my opinion, for now bitcoin is more accurately referred to as an asset than the currency. because the majority of bitcoin users only for the trade and investment. As for buying and selling, everyone uses the currency that already exists today in accordance with the currency of each country

Bitcoin banned in many country if use as currency, so right now the best decision is treat bitcoin as investment asset. Hopely in the future, bitcoin can be use as currency and can use as payment
dzaqira09

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 09:11:39 AM

Seems many people treat bitcoin like an asset given how much it's gone up over the last year or so. But some academics disagree with that assessment. If it is to be treated as a currency, it will need to stabilize to be of use.

https://www.c[Suspicious link removed]m/2017/10/24/nyus-dean-of-valuation-says-bitcoin-is-a-currency.html
which I know bitcoin as an asset, the more we invest heavily as well as the assets we have, in say the currency can also because it also has a nominal price, although not visible and bitcoin is the currency of the future
boddy.dy

Activity: 252
Merit: 17

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 09:52:37 AM

For me bitcoin is a currency, literally bitcoin is a crypto currency. This is the modern trading because it is incorporated with the internet. Others say that this is an asset because it involves money. Even some are putting all their money here. The thing I think that I can’t say this asset because any time it can vanish or even will lose its value. We all know that an asset is something that can increase its value but must not lose its value. So don’t make this an asset for you not to have any problem in the near future.
Qu33nz3r

Activity: 155

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 10:01:26 AM

for me bitcoin is an asset that at any time we can exchange with the applicable currency. Smiley
coynedterm

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 10:21:14 AM

Seems many people treat bitcoin like an asset given how much it's gone up over the last year or so. But some academics disagree with that assessment. If it is to be treated as a currency, it will need to stabilize to be of use.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/24/nyus-dean-of-valuation-says-bitcoin-is-a-currency.html
I don't think that we should make any argument between the matter that bitcoin is asset of currency Because it depends upon the people that how they want to use and how do they are using .
Personally here I myself using bitcoin like currency as well as asset , i am making micro amount of the earnings and putting them for the increase by value for long time ( holding since 2 year and also making passive income by holding bitcoin ) .
At another side  I am using bitcoin for selling and buying another coins as well as for the buying goods at purse.io and at another sites also which a re accepting bitcoin as a payment .
So don't think/confuse whether it is currency or asset .

▄▄█████▄▄
         ▄▄███████████▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
   ▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▀██▀       ▀▀████████
███████  ▄████  ███████▄  ███████
███████ █████  ██████████ ███████
███████ ██████████  █████ ███████
███████  ▀███████  ███▀   ███████
████████▄▄        ██   ▄▄████████
 ▀█████████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████████▀▀
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀███████████▀▀
            ▀▀█████▀▀

.THRIVING CRYPTOCURRENCY..
.MARKET WITH CRYPTOBONDS..

▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

INITIAL COIN OFFERING
SEPTEMBER 30

██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
██████
         ▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀███████▄
  █████ ███████ █▄▀███████
 ██████ ███████ ███▄▀██████
▐██████ ███████▄▄▄▄▄▄ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
 ██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████
  █████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ ████
   ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄██▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀

...READ THE....
.WHITEPAPER.

▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄████████████████████▄
  ███████████████▀▀  █████
 ████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
 ████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
  ████████████████▄▄██████
   ▀████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
MEDIUM
REDDIT
GITHUB
SLACK
mejalipat

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 11:12:31 AM

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/24/nyus-dean-of-valuation-says-bitcoin-is-a-currency.html

In my opinion, bitcoin can be an asset and currency because bitcoin can be used as payment and can also be an investment asset for our future.
finzyoj

Activity: 644
Merit: 255

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 12:46:56 PM

I don't think that we should make any argument between the matter that bitcoin is asset of currency Because it depends upon the people that how they want to use and how do they are using .
Personally here I myself using bitcoin like currency as well as asset , i am making micro amount of the earnings and putting them for the increase by value for long time ( holding since 2 year and also making passive income by holding bitcoin ) .
At another side  I am using bitcoin for selling and buying another coins as well as for the buying goods at purse.io and at another sites also which a re accepting bitcoin as a payment .
So don't think/confuse whether it is currency or asset .
We can use bitcoin as an asset and as a currency at the same time. It may not be treated as a fiat currency but we can gain fiat by trading it into our local currencies. Personally, bitcoin is a good asset for me and as an investment especially for long-term holding because its value is continuously increasing. In the future, bitcoin as a digital coin will be put into more use and as a complement with the continuously improving technology too. We do not know what will happen but most of us will certainly wish for bitcoin to be put into more importance like the government recognizing and legalizing it.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
yanlap

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 08:06:16 PM

For me bitcoin is a currency, literally bitcoin is a crypto currency. This is the modern trading because it is incorporated with the internet. Others say that this is an asset because it involves money. Even some are putting all their money here. The thing I think that I can’t say this asset because any time it can vanish or even will lose its value. We all know that an asset is something that can increase its value but must not lose its value. So don’t make this an asset for you not to have any problem in the near future.
It is a crypto currency which is treated as a digital asset too. People use both terms for bitcoin but originally it was made a digital coin that can help the millionaires to transfer money from one part of the world to any other at cheap rates within minutes. But with time, it started to grab value and investors buy bitcoin to earn huge profits giving it the definition of an asset. It is used as a medium of exchange and can be converted into paper money as well.
lisabrandon

Activity: 58

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 08:29:35 PM

Bitcoin is a currency. An asset generates wealth which bitcoin does not.
Mikolo11132

Activity: 61

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 08:31:52 PM

Cryptocurrency, Bitcoin on October 23, 2017 in London, England. Cryptocurrencies including Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Lightcoin have seen unprecedented growth in 2017, despite remaining extremely volatile. While digital currencies across the board have divided opinion between financial institutions, and now have a market cap of around 175 Billion USD, the crypto sector coninues to grow, as it sees wider mainstreem adoption.
Yur

Merit: 102

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 08:35:14 PM

Bitcoin is a digital currency it will become an asset if you will invest for a long term of investment with bitcoin. I guess it may be an asset since you acquire something from your savings. Time will tell!
tuliobrothers

Activity: 185

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 08:45:08 PM

Bitcoin is a digital currency it will become an asset if you will invest for a long term of investment with bitcoin. I guess it may be an asset since you acquire something from your savings. Time will tell!

True,  bitcoin is a digital currency that will become an asset if you own it, hold and keep it because asset is a valuable thing. Bitcoin is considered as a valuable thing.

Feuerbach

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 09:36:35 PM

True,  bitcoin is a digital currency that will become an asset if you own it, hold and keep it because asset is a valuable thing. Bitcoin is considered as a valuable thing.
Bitcoin can be used not only as an investment asset. There are cases when it can be used for the purpose for which it was originally created
Ka4Rt4

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 09:47:33 PM

Probably basically bitcoin is a digital currency whose goal is made into real currency, bitcoin is more focused on assets than money, by looking at bitcoin prices that are presented for a good future now bitcoin is believed to be an asset
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: