Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:50:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin an asset or a currency?  (Read 3626 times)
LovellaSai

Activity: 89
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 04:45:54 PM

I would rather treat is a poison which is contaminating the world by its grasp

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Strongball

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 06:40:02 PM

I think it's highly both an asset and a currency. Apparently it is
very well known for being such a flourishing, substantial and vigorous
currency, it started to grow and gained notable recognition and reputation as
years had gone by. With the price growth it has on the market, Bitcoins are very
good assets. We can also say that bitcoins are more than assets nowadays, they have been
acknowledged as fine lucrative investments. It's a game changer and potentially profitable. A unique
innovation that seems to innovate itself and has so much potential that it will still continue to revolutionize
and influence everything in the modern digital age. Bitcoin is the ingenuity that will propel and enhance our future.
futuret

Activity: 728
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:10:15 PM
Merited by Qastessa (2)

Seems many people treat bitcoin like an asset given how much it's gone up over the last year or so. But some academics disagree with that assessment. If it is to be treated as a currency, it will need to stabilize to be of use.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/24/nyus-dean-of-valuation-says-bitcoin-is-a-currency.html
i dont care what other people think or treat about bitcoin,but for me this is an asset and currency in one..asset because in time this can bring lots of earning most specially when the price pumps,and currency because anytime i can pay my bills using this and some online transactio
We cannot consider Btcs as an asset for the simple reason that it never belongs to one nation and the basic quality of an asset is that it is bound to one specific inheritance identity.

All we can say is that it is a currency that is being used in a virtual form by millions of people around the world for the sake of earning capital and on the other hand it is also being used as a way to store your amount without using bank accounts or any other customary option.
Well you can be right but I have some different opinion about it as according to me bitcoin can be use as an asset because it is having the ability to be exchanged for goods, bitcoin is the currency as well that we use to buy things so according to me bitcoin is the both the asset and the currency. Some people love and use bitcoin for the payment of every day good and some other people hold bitcoin as an asset, now a lot of merchant accept bitcoin.
Doge dealer

Activity: 462
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:30:42 PM

bitcoin is both a currency and an asset , its an asset because it holds value which can eighter increase or decrease , maybe its not a fixed asset but more like a current asset.Its is also a currency because it can be used to transact and pay for goods and services anywhere in the world . this is a simplified explanation though.

JoshMart

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:56:57 PM

Well personally I consider Bitcoin as both investment or asset and a currency depends on how I am going to use it. I use Bitcoin as a currency when I shop online, which i rarely do recently since I am more into investing it now. So now, I do some short and long term investments which I find very awesome since I have gained more than what I am expecting that I can get out of Bitcoin. It has exceeded my expectations when it comes to being a great source of profit or income.

╔═◼ CARDSTACK ◼═╗
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet (https://cardstack.com/)
cherrymobile

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:06:14 PM

Seems many people treat bitcoin like an asset given how much it's gone up over the last year or so. But some academics disagree with that assessment. If it is to be treated as a currency, it will need to stabilize to be of use.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/24/nyus-dean-of-valuation-says-bitcoin-is-a-currency.html
Yes that is true. As of now that's the main reason why bitcoin couldn't be considered a currency. The price was so unstable that the world will face more problems (given that it is an international currency because being decentralized) using bitcoin as a currency than not using it. For now let's just stick with bitcoin being an asset of investment. It's still profitable.this way and I think this could go onfor a while.
critolika

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:35:20 PM

According to my bitcoin is an asset as an investment that will be very useful for now and the future, and now not allowed for bitcoin to Transact payments.
stripykitteh
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:38:47 PM

bitcoin is both a currency and an asset , its an asset because it holds value which can eighter increase or decrease , maybe its not a fixed asset but more like a current asset.Its is also a currency because it can be used to transact and pay for goods and services anywhere in the world . this is a simplified explanation though.
I don't like to just keep Bitcoin and call it a Currency. I don't like to call it a currency because it is not officially labeled as one.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Audistar

Activity: 85

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:39:58 PM

It doesn't matter what people treat Bitcoin as, what academics think, and what needs to happen to be treated in a certain way.
This is the whitepaper:
Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System
https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf

There's nothing else that needs to be said. This is irrefutable evidence that Bitcoin is a currency.
We don't need NYU's 'dean of valuation' to say that it is, we already know.

Yeps!
We don't anyone to interpret and classify ut for us. How they see it doesn't affect in a very significant manner. They can join in or not, we still go on. As long as supporters are present,bitcoin will not lose value.
There are many insititutions and countries around the globe that sees it differently and accepts it at various levels, how we urilize it is more imporatant
mackenzie5

Activity: 156

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:58:48 PM

Bitcoin is an electronic asset but it is possibly  become  like a currency shortly  to meet the day to day life human being because now schools ,hotels and supper markets are accepting bitcoin. Most of every field it is accepting bitcoin means its popularity has improved a lot in the financial market though bitcoin is its infant stage.
Lenzie

Activity: 658
Merit: 254

For campaign management, please pm me.

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:03:26 PM
Last edit: March 02, 2018, 03:03:03 AM by Lenzie

Bitcoin is an asset that acts like a currency. The use of it will be maximize if you will look at it as an asset, tradable and can be sold.
If the value of bitcoin will be stabilize it will lose its essence which is volatility. We are enjoying the ride of pumping and dumping. We are benefiting from it. If stabilizing it wpuld make it a currency then, I'd rather use it for trading and investment.

Bitcoin Mixer
▬▬ www.Go-Overt.com ▬▬
.............CLEARNET..........TORNET............
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀░░░░██████▄
████████▀▀▀░░░▄▀░░░████████
█████▄░░░░░▄█▀░░░░░████████
████████▄█▀░░░░░░█████████
▀████████▌▐░░░░░░░████████▀
▀████████▄██▄░░████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀