Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 05:06:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to claim my bitcoin gold?  (Read 451 times)
jijikill (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:02:44 AM

Hi guys I knew you will just have to keep ur bitcoin inside a wallet that u holds the private key until the snapshot happens , now the snapshot is over , how do I claim my bitcoin gold? Everyone just say u will be getting it as long as you has the private key , but the problem is what should I do with my private key in order to get my bitcoin gold?
I've been struggling to find the answer , can any pros here mind to enlighten me?
Winner
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:29:20 AM

Hi guys I knew you will just have to keep ur bitcoin inside a wallet that u holds the private key until the snapshot happens , now the snapshot is over , how do I claim my bitcoin gold? Everyone just say u will be getting it as long as you has the private key , but the problem is what should I do with my private key in order to get my bitcoin gold?
I've been struggling to find the answer , can any pros here mind to enlighten me?
Wait until November to get your Bitcoin Gold. There should be enough wallets out there that allow you to import your private key then.

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
popolite11

Activity: 882
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 02:00:47 PM

Since November 1 those who have on wallet BTC can get BTG. This will give you the possibility of having a private key or a phrase for recovery — a seed. Such a phrase usually consists of 12 words in a certain order. Just check your BTC wallet!:)
jijikill (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 06:40:41 PM

Thank you for all the replies, I was struggle is because everyone asked to wait for November while there's already a price at exchange and ppl selling it , now I knew the answer , certain exchange actually supports it and gave it to user even without the blockchain network
coinmediaco

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 07:49:57 PM

if your bitcoins are stored on exchange site they should give you bitcoin gold credited to your account.
if still on some wallet i advice you to wait till 1st Nov.

i findtill now i find only this wallet for bitcoin gold :
https://glatinum.info/
but i don't advice you to use it, as long as it's not safe to use wallet not officially supported.

Good luck!
Dmitry.Vastov

Activity: 840
Merit: 520

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 08:15:12 PM

I think that the Bitcoin gold network will go public in November and only then you can claim your Bitcoin gold. You would simply need the private keys to the wallet in which you were holding Bitcoin at the time of the hard fork on 25th October. You can claim your Bitcoin gold by importing your Bitcoins with help of your private keys in various wallets which support Bitcoin gold like Freewallet, Coinomi etc. Your Bitcoin gold will automatically be credited in your wallet after the network goes public on November 1.
For any further information, refer to the official Bitcoin gold website https://bitcoingold.org/.
craZyLovE0916

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 08:49:50 PM

Go to their website first off. Once there, you need to use a wallet and upload your BTC private keys to access the corresponding Bitcoin Gold. You can then send it to any exchange to trade.
pearlmen

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 09:10:40 PM

For now you don't have to do anything until November 1 and be observant thereafter always check the official website or watch out for posts of only trusted members of the forum because instructions on how to go about it will be posted on the forum or their website. Also, Coinomi is another trusted multi currency wallet provider. You can google about them and the way to claim you BTG is already made available by them.
dead_m92

Activity: 650
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 09:11:23 PM

Yes there are several wallets that will give you bitcoin gold, but it is going to happen once that November starts, i mean, on november the 1st.
But it is risky mate, there are a lot of pishing sites who only wants your private key for free. how much bitcoin do you have in your main wallet? Bitcoin gold is below $100 right now, if you have one bitcoin, you will only receive $100.
If you have 0.10 bitcoins, you will receive ten dollars.. is it worth the risk?

███
             █████████
          ███████████████
        ███████████████████
       █████████████████████
       █████████████████████
       █████████████████████
       █████████▀▀▀▀▀██████
    █████████▀        █████████
 ███████████▌  ▄████▄▄████████████
████████████▌  ████████████████████
█████████████   ▀▀▀▀  █████████████
██████████████▄▄     ▄█████████████
███████████████████████████████████
 █████████████████████████████████
    █████████         █████████
       ███               ███

WhitePaper
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

soul-impact

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 09:14:51 PM

Wait until November to get your Bitcoin Gold. There should be enough wallets out there that allow you to import your private key then.

In this way, you can also use some big trading platforms like bittrex or poloniex, they will give you official announcements about accepting bitcoin gold, so please wait. However, using a hardware wallet is always the safest option.

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

overlooker

Activity: 58
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 09:25:07 PM

so far, its not really safe (nor possible untill november since the network is still not functional) to claim BTG unless you have your BTCs on an exchange. BTG still does not implemet rellay protection, which means you can lose your btc trying to claim btg. forget the shitty fork
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: