Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:09:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2017-10-25] Bitcoin Pioneer Says New Coin to Work on Many Blockchains  (Read 2609 times)
GetBABB (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 11:17:01 AM

Jeff Garzik, one of a handful of key developers who helped build the underlying software for bitcoin that is known as blockchain, has seen its shortcomings firsthand. So he decided to create a better digital currency.

He’s calling it Metronome and says it will be the first that can jump between different blockchains. For example, coins that are used for applications on the Ethereum blockchain will be able to move to Ethereum Classic before jumping onto Qtum or Rootstock, which connects with the bitcoin blockchain, said Garzik.

The mobility means that if one blockchain dies out as the result of infighting among developers or slackened use, metronome owners can move their holdings elsewhere. That should help the coins retain value, and ensure their longevity, Garzik, co-founder of startup Bloq that created metronome, said in a phone interview.

That’s a concern for many digital currencies. Infighting among developers and various supporters, and the slow pace of enhancements on the bitcoin blockchain have helped to limit use. Both bitcoin and its main rival, ethereum, have split into several versions.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-10-24/bitcoin-pioneer-says-new-coin-to-work-on-multiple-blockchains
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
leonair

Activity: 1218
Merit: 390

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 01:13:13 AM

So they will act as an exchange inside of a coin, if they can really do this then it is so good but I don't think that it can surpasses what Bitcoin already made in its 8 years of existence. Most of the altcoins that has been created have a sole purpose of competing and even claiming to be greater with Bitcoin but no other cryptocurrency until this day that made their promises. If developers of new coins can adapt to what something new and great so as Bitcoin too.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
bubblebit

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 01:26:39 AM

I will not judge this coin as I still have no clue how this work and will only support it if this coin deserved. Metronome might be better than any coin even with bitcoin if we believe in the developer words but does it really meant for change. I don’t think so, because investors will stick to bitcoin for a mean reason that Metronome doesn’t  have, Bitcoin stands the test of time and still on top.
iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 04:33:23 AM

The mobility means that if one blockchain dies out as the result of infighting among developers or slackened use, metronome owners can move their holdings elsewhere. That should help the coins retain value, and ensure their longevity.

I am actually taking note of this development as this coming coin is being introduced by a man who knows Bitcoin and cryptocurrency in and out. Hoping there can also be an ICO for this one as I am so willing to invest some little money to have a small slice of the Metronome pie.

The concept is really good and its main feature can be what we are looking for. I have seen some coins or tokens which have died their own natural death and if those can be integrated in Metronome (I hope this is quite possible) then it can be good news for all of us coin enthusiasts.

Right now, we are witnessing so many ICO projects introductions and most of them can just be laughable in terms of concepts, dev team and roadmaps...no wonder some people are just calling many of these ICOs as 'shitcoins" which may die after some months of pumps and dumps in the exchanges. A project as refreshing as Metronome is what we need.
Quieaque

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 07:09:56 AM

Interested people of bit coins can get enough information with visit of this site that provides enough information to their users. For reading of reviews follow of this essayontime.com review site is very helpful for users.
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 02:57:45 PM

Garzik is one of the assholes that deliberately launched coins/projects to interfere with Bitcoin.

He also supports coin tracking, so the authorities can have a full dossier of whatever coin he produces.

I wouldn't trust this snake in the grass as far as I could spit.

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 03:16:13 PM

jeff garzik has proven himself to be many things, mainly incompetent, malicious and disruptive.

he tried to push the segwit2x thing. when a few people did run it after the majority rightfully ignored it, it broke immediately.

then he did the united shitcoin fork that intentionally deprived as many people as possible of their coins and privacy.

it amazes me that this guy has the balls to show his face in anything crypto related now. he's totally screwed himself and us along the way.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: