Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 07:29:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: funny meme i just made (fixed)  (Read 1859 times)
Anon136 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 02:35:04 AM
Last edit: June 11, 2013, 11:51:54 AM by Anon136

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 04:21:58 AM

lol, I think what's funnier is the thought that putting criminals with other criminals will help make them change their ways.

It's like taking the troublemakers in a classroom and making them sit with the other troublemakers. All they do is feed off each other and become worse.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 09:24:51 AM

lol, I think what's funnier is the thought that putting criminals with other criminals will help make them change their ways.

It's like taking the troublemakers in a classroom and making them sit with the other troublemakers. All they do is feed off each other and become worse.
The worst thing is that the criminals learn much more bad tricks in prison and come out much stronger and with much much more hatred for the society which put him there.

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 09:32:55 AM

The worst thing is that the criminals learn much more bad tricks in prison and come out much stronger and with much much more hatred for the society which put him there.

Exactly. I read somewhere a while back about psychologists taking people with behavioral problems and putting them with people who act completely proper. It was a very high rate of those that were causing problems that turned good, due to being surrounded by good.

What I don't get is why the government doesn't exercise this more often.

(Note: this does not mean to release them into the streets before rehabilitation. With the stuff that happens out there... things stay the same or get worse)

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 09:36:51 AM

@OP RE: "meme": I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Exactly. I read somewhere a while back about psychologists taking people with behavioral problems and putting them with people who act completely proper. It was a very high rate of those that were causing problems that turned good, due to being surrounded by good.

What I don't get is why the government doesn't exercise this more often.

(Note: this does not mean to release them into the streets before rehabilitation. With the stuff that happens out there... things stay the same or get worse)

The rich don't want to waste time on the poor, they're not interested in other human beings that they cannot benefit from. You'll find this behavior from people running businesses inside this community as well. Look for the ones running the businesses that ask for the most money, or the ones that require payment in order to vote for things and you'll find the people who have the most reason to exclude the poor from the equation and strip them of their rights.

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 09:40:22 AM

The rich don't want to waste time on the poor, they're not interested in other human beings that they cannot benefit from. You'll find this behavior from people running businesses inside this community as well. Look for the ones running the businesses that ask for the most money, or the ones that require payment in order to vote for things and you'll find the people who have the most reason to exclude the poor from the equation and strip them of their rights.

That's a big generalization but in a lot of cases I agree. One thing that comes to mind is that out of everyone I personally know who has money, you can easily separate them based on how they act into two groups: those who earned and those who were given. In fact, if you meet millionaires out anywhere, within a couple minutes of talking to them you can, with a very high certainty, tell whether they were born into/given the money or they earned it through hard work.

My theory behind that is that the people who earned it... at one point didn't have it. Therefore it's easier for them to have compassion for others who are in a similar state to where they once were. On the other hand, those who were given haven't experienced the other side of the world.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 09:43:54 AM

That's a big generalization but in a lot of cases I agree. One thing that comes to mind is that out of everyone I personally know who has money, you can easily separate them based on how they act into two groups: those who earned and those who were given. In fact, if you meet millionaires out anywhere, within a couple minutes of talking to them you can, with a very high certainty, tell whether they were born into/given the money or they earned it through hard work.

My theory behind that is that the people who earned it... at one point didn't have it. Therefore it's easier for them to have compassion for others who are in a similar state to where they once were. On the other hand, those who were given haven't experienced the other side of the world.

In short,

easy come, easy woe

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 09:49:03 AM

In short,

easy come, easy woe

lol. If I ever become a millionaire nobody would even really know. Like... wow... there was this time a couple years ago that a guy walked into a gas station, literally looked like a bum. I ended up leaving soon after he did and he hopped inside his Ferrari. But looking at him you'd never even know it. No jewelry or anything.

I would have no interest in showing off... but I do want a Ferrari Enzo. For me, >=)

mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 09:50:31 AM

However most of the millionaires received their money. Only a few more or less known people actuqlly earned it.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 09:51:58 AM

In short,

easy come, easy woe

lol. If I ever become a millionaire nobody would even really know. Like... wow... there was this time a couple years ago that a guy walked into a gas station, literally looked like a bum. I ended up leaving soon after he did and he hopped inside his Ferrari. But looking at him you'd never even know it. No jewelry or anything.

I would have no interest in showing off... but I do want a Ferrari Enzo. For me, >=)

Maybe he stole it.  Cheesy

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 09:53:58 AM

In short,

easy come, easy woe

Maybe he stole it.  Cheesy

You can't steal a Ferrari. This isn't Gone in 60 Seconds. This is real life!

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 09:54:29 AM

You can't steal a Ferrari. This isn't Gone in 60 Seconds. This is real life!

Sounds like a challenge!

edit:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-21035403
http://www.wkyc.com/news/article/300971/45/Solon-Man-crashes-stolen-Ferrari-orders-another-one
http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/ferrari-collector-reports-28-cars-stolen-internet-220126518.html
http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/348-355/310669-gone-60-seconds-stolen-ferrari-alert.html

mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 09:56:21 AM

That was fast...

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 09:57:23 AM

Hrm.... I was under the impression that they had custom computerized keys that could ONLY be obtained from dealers (who carry one key) and the actual manufacturers (who require proof that you purchased the vehicle prior to allowing you to get another).

Along with this, they were supposed to not be hotwireable due to the way their ignitions or whatever are set up.

I've been lied to!

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 10:02:36 AM

Hrm.... I was under the impression that they had custom computerized keys that could ONLY be obtained from dealers (who carry one key) and the actual manufacturers (who require proof that you purchased the vehicle prior to allowing you to get another).

Along with this, they were supposed to not be hotwireable due to the way their ignitions or whatever are set up.

I've been lied to!

Never underestimate social engineering as a tool for theft and cracking. Why bother cracking security when you can just sleep with car owner and take his keys when he's sleeping?

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 10:05:00 AM

I've been lied to!

Never underestimate social engineering as a tool for theft and cracking. Why bother cracking security when you can just sleep with car owner and take his keys when he's sleeping?

I'm a guy. That puts me at a disadvantage there.

Though if I got a Ferrari or Lambo out of it... I'd take one for the team!

mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 10:10:22 AM

I've been lied to!

I'm a guy. That puts me at a disadvantage there.

Though if I got a Ferrari or Lambo out of it... I'd take one for the team!
OK... this is starting to sound weird...

Anon136 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 11:44:53 AM

i was missing a word in there but i fixed it

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: