Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:17:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Games in India, for Indian, ideas, thoughts, views.....  (Read 1345 times)
dishwara (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 04:26:26 AM

http://bensonsamuel.com/2012/09/26/dragons-tale-play-to-win-bitcoin/

Benson blog about Dragon's Tale.

DT- Gambling game, but mind challenging & fun game.

Programmers in India, in graphics works, learning graphics softwares like maya can create a game with Indian cultural habits.

DT is based on Chinese/Japanese(not sure) culture, religion.

Games based on Indian culture, like Hanuman — Boy Warrior for play station, can give good entertainment & also money, if Bitcoin is used as currency.

Also using currency Litecoin, will give a lot of fun & money same time.

Thoughts, views, ideas......welcome.
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Benson Samuel
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1000

Landscaping Bitcoin for India!

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 08:40:17 AM

Am working on another article on Bitcoin gaming. Should be out soon.

There are some very nice games that can be forked for Bitcoin.

I have been producing some nice games for my clients, will try and fork some of them for the Indian audience.

nagatraju

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 05:17:14 AM

Where can we find them?
dishwara (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 10:11:26 PM

We have to create it.
This thread may attract programmers to give thoughts, ideas, even full games.........
rezurect

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 04:44:56 AM

Games based on Indian culture, like Hanuman — Boy Warrior for play station, can give good entertainment & also money, if Bitcoin is used as currency.

God ,money and gambling in a game.
I wonder if it can get even more outrageous for the hardliners.
Yeah, throw in Thackeray as the villain.(Also be prepared for a visit from the Sainiks)

Benson Samuel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2013, 05:51:32 AM

If someone can provide me with animations and sound, I can build some pretty nifty games.

Of course on a revenue sharing basis.
Or if full ownership is needed, I can do that as well.

Here is a game that I had contributed to: pin-up-machine.com, will disclose more sites if the clients are willing. But have not heard back from most of them as they are custom builds. Customizing an existing build can be done in a day or two and launched as well.

Gaming is a huge untapped potential for the Indian market. Ministers need something to do during parliament sessions and Bitcoin is a great gamification tool.

Micky25
Legendary

Activity: 974

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 05:59:46 AM

Games based on Indian culture...

maybe a game about rape would be appropriate, perhaps some of you guys would stop doing this in real.
Benson Samuel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2013, 06:02:31 AM

maybe a game about rape would be appropriate, perhaps some of you guys would stop doing this in real.

Rape is a global problem, happens more outside India than in here. We do not have gun violence or family disaster dramas, hence the media covers rape.

Maybe if we knew which country you are from, we can concentrate on it.

subvolatil

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

Cypherpunk and full-time CryptoAnarchist

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 03:42:05 PM

Rape is a global problem, happens more outside India than in here. We do not have gun violence or family disaster dramas, hence the media covers rape.

Maybe if we knew which country you are from, we can concentrate on it.

O wow  Benson you  are in denial about  the  rape culture in india.  but then again  south india  is  relatively safe for  women ,  except  for the  religious  extremist  going around  pubs  assaulting  women. 

But  the  over  arching  issue  created in  india  especially in north india is  violence  against  women.  Respect  towards  women is not there. you cannot  go  out and not  have  then entire  street  full of  men  gawk at  you, passing  comments  and  even  trying to  grope. Public  transport is a  nightmare.

And  what happened  last  December was  the  worst  thing  that cold  happen to  indian  society  . 

Denying that our  country does not  have  a  problem only  makes  things  worst.  Identifying  and  acknoledging  the problem is the  first  step towards  reforming  society, then  comes  national  dialog, education and  upliftment .

rezurect

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 05:32:02 PM

Micky25, German i guess.
Hate crimes, Racism, child pregnancy, Germany's no utopia.

Nobody's perfect, here its Corruption, Poverty, Casteism.
Benson Samuel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2013, 09:36:25 PM

Micky25, German i guess.
Hate crimes, Racism, child pregnancy, Germany's no utopia.

Nobody's perfect, here its Corruption, Poverty, Casteism.

Does casteism still hold any value?

O wow  Benson you  are in denial about  the  rape culture in india.  but then again  south india  is  relatively safe for  women ,  except  for the  religious  extremist  going around  pubs  assaulting  women. 

No denial, I understand that there is a problem, but that this rooted in Bollywood and other growth factors in India. Have you ever watched an Indian movie love scene? Looks like rape to me. Guy chases the girl, unwinds the saree and then legs twitch on a haystack. This is nothing like sex in the real world. Young impressionable chaps think that this is status quo and run around raping.

Denying that our  country does not  have  a  problem only  makes  things  worst.  Identifying  and  acknoledging  the problem is the  first  step towards  reforming  society, then  comes  national  dialog, education and  upliftment .

This is one of the problems of the country. By far not the biggest problem and until education can reach the corners of the country, we can expect the same. Look at places like Africa and the Americas, far worse, but they have bigger problems than rape and that is what their media reflects.

India is a bit more solemn when it comes to high-drama, hence we keep it dirty and low.

Thats my 2 satoshis on this topic :p

rezurect

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 08:57:58 AM
Last edit: June 22, 2013, 07:05:26 PM by rezurect

I`ll say yes we've done away with the discrimination. But the system has latched on to Politics and Reservation to ensure its continuation in another form.

In my view we still have a caste based Reservation system, the day the Reservation system is based on Income or some economic parameter, i`ll believe casteism is done with. For that to happen caste based support to politics has to end. Caste based support to politics can be viewed as the clear existence of casteism. People don't really deserve a Reservation in society because they belong to a caste or if the caste is generally socially/economically backward, Shouldn't it be based on whether the person in question is Socially/Economically backward, Income is a clear measure of that and caste based political support doesn't allow Reservation to based entirely on Income. The Creamy layer Reservation mongers are an example of undeserving people.
dishwara (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 06:21:52 PM

I expected some programmers may post GAMES, but i see wor(l)d war.  Sad
Benson Samuel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 02:28:49 AM

I expected some programmers may post GAMES, but i see wor(l)d war.  Sad

Hehehehe. Nothing from my side as yet mate. No contribs in terms of art.

Benson Samuel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2013, 05:50:05 AM

Hey Benson , how about a betting game with Indian setting , like teen patti or dice roll game with some indian flavor ( ludo maybe) . It wont require much graphic or sound effects as such . I do not have the technical know how , but have cash that I can invest , if you are serious about the project.

PM me Axorb.

assortmentofsorts

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 05:46:54 AM

I`ll say yes we've done away with the discrimination. But the system has latched on to Politics and Reservation to ensure its continuation in another form.

In my view we still have a caste based Reservation system, the day the Reservation system is based on Income or some economic parameter, i`ll believe casteism is done with. For that to happen caste based support to politics has to end. Caste based support to politics can be viewed as the clear existence of casteism. People don't really deserve a Reservation in society because they belong to a caste or if the caste is generally socially/economically backward, Shouldn't it be based on whether the person in question is Socially/Economically backward, Income is a clear measure of that and caste based political support doesn't allow Reservation to based entirely on Income. The Creamy layer Reservation mongers are an example of undeserving people.

+100 Agree!

If you want to tip: BTC 1KbjTUEfcziwMv7BMXcjmvNAKEpTJbZCsF
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: