Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:29:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Suggestions  (Read 353 times)
hugeblack (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 3647

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 01:38:20 PM
Last edit: October 25, 2017, 08:42:23 PM by hugeblack

Simple Suggestions to Reduce Spam

1) verified email : i see you can use Bitcoin without verify email So if only verified emails can use this site .

2) Block unknown emails  : only allow google.com / yahoo.com ,.... and other known emails that can’t generate more accounts without verify .

3) 1 account per IP / daily  : only allow one account per IP Daily other banned.

4) Deleted posts increase delay time  : when your post deleted your seconds between post actions increase.

Who agree ??

Edit

3)
Only 1 IP can make new  1 account Daily , more than 1 account must be pay  (Rules now more than 3 account from Same IP will be banned and must pay fee to start posting )  [1]

-------------------------------
[1]
If you register using an IP address that was previously abused on this forum, then you may be required to pay a small registration fee before you are able to post. If this is necessary, you will be informed after you login using your new account. Most people do not need to pay a fee.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:59:36 PM
Last edit: October 25, 2017, 02:41:39 PM by shoreno

1) verified email : i see you can use Bitcoin without verify email So if only verified emails can use this site .

2) Block unknown emails  : only allow google.com / yahoo.com ,.... and other known emails .

3) 1 account per IP / daily  : only allow one account per IP Daily other banned.

4) Deleted posts increase delay time  : when your post deleted your seconds between post actions increase.

Who agree ??

i agree with #1 and #2 , because i also see that its easy for anyone to create an account on this forum because they can instantly sign up with any email address without the need of verifying it  , but #3 and #4 seems too much.
MarkJubleg

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 06:31:13 PM

yes i agree with nmber 1 n 2 too, because i use wifi on my location with some people, i cant change my ip
Pearls Before Swine

Activity: 1190
Merit: 306

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 06:36:36 PM

I like #4 but only if the post was deleted by a mod specifically and not because
a whole thread got nuked.  I actually like that idea a lot, because it would
disincentivize shit posting in a big way.

The email ideas I'm not so sure about, but I also like the idea of limiting accounts
based on IP addresses.   That's a good one in my opinion.
MarkJubleg

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 06:45:23 PM

I like #4 but only if the post was deleted by a mod specifically and not because
a whole thread got nuked.  I actually like that idea a lot, because it would
disincentivize shit posting in a big way.

The email ideas I'm not so sure about, but I also like the idea of limiting accounts
based on IP addresses.   That's a good one in my opinion.
yes, as long as it has been verified I agree, because this forum does not require verification sent via email,

but if people used mobile phone with data, their ip will change randomly when disconnect and connect again
sorrysteve1

Activity: 294
Merit: 107

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 08:29:41 PM

1. A verifiable email address may not be the most effective as it is really quite easy to create a new email address to easily verify your account.

2. What constitutes an unknown email? Are we going to start banning people because they used a work email or their own domain?

3. Many people live with others who use the forum or live in student accommodation or such where there is a share IP address.

4. This could actually work, there would need to be strict and fair rules in place though so moderators can't unfairly penalise legitimate posts.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
maeusi

Activity: 462
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 08:42:36 PM

2) Block unknown emails  : only allow google.com / yahoo.com ,.... and other known emails .

Who agree ??

I don't agree.
See only suggestions but no arguments.
1) What for verify email?
2) Don't understand that. What you mean with unknown emails?
3) Many use VPN. So what should it bring?
4) Makes sense, but how to realize without immence effort and without slowing down the whole forum?
Pearls Before Swine

Activity: 1190
Merit: 306

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 08:47:46 PM

I don't agree.
4) Makes sense, but how to realize without immence effort?

Typical.  You probably can't read english well enough for the suggestions to make
sense.  And what's typical is that users here dismiss any suggestions that could help but aren't
perfect.   You let the perfection stand in the way of something that might be useful.

Having said that, I doubt any of these will be implemented anyway, but at least someone
is thinking of things to try to make bitcointalk better.
maeusi

Activity: 462
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:13:14 PM

I don't agree.
4) Makes sense, but how to realize without immence effort?

Typical.  You probably can't read english well enough for the suggestions to make
sense.  And what's typical is that users here dismiss any suggestions that could help but aren't
perfect.   You let the perfection stand in the way of something that might be useful.

Having said that, I doubt any of these will be implemented anyway, but at least someone
is thinking of things to try to make bitcointalk better.
I think, my english is good enough for questioning half-baked suggestions, f.e. how verifying emails could prevent against spam as it is well known, that infinitely numbers of email accounts can be created.
pixie85

Activity: 2142
Merit: 524

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 10:03:03 PM

IP blocking of any sort won't work. It will not affect spammers but make it harder for everyone else to use the forum. A typical spammer/farmer has all day to spend on it. He can keep switching between VPN servers all day if needed and guys that come here to post for an hour a day and see their IP blocked won't waste time on trying to log in. They will simply leave and wait it out. You'll have the same number of spammers and less normal users.
marlboroza
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 2270

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 10:06:13 PM

2) Block unknown emails  : only allow google.com / yahoo.com ,.... and other known emails that can’t generate more accounts without verify .
3) 1 account per IP / daily  : only allow one account per IP Daily other banned.
4) Deleted posts increase delay time  : when your post deleted your seconds between post actions increase.
Email is not so damn hard to verify, blocking "unknown" emails won't make any difference at all because you can make thousands yahoo or google accounts, getting new IP is not rocket science and I don't see how few seconds between posts could reduce spam. Can you post 2 posts in 1 minute?

Lets suppose theymos implement all these rules.
Now lets see:
1)every day new email and few minutes for bitcointalk verification
2)^^^
3)every day new bitcointalk account
4)every day 1 post in games and rounds.

Do you see ^^^ as spam reduction?
jakezyrus

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 11:49:45 PM

I don't agree.
4) Makes sense, but how to realize without immence effort and without slowing down the whole forum?

its because the thread is intended mainly for suggestions and not on discussions/arguments.

admin must need to implement this feauture when signing up a new account in order to avoid such spam and for account farmers to have a hard time.

unkown emails are not trusted or spam mails/disposable mails.

vpn can do amazing things like changing your ip and location and many users find it cool to use. plus it can help them acces bitcointalk if they live in a restricted areas or thier ip has been block.

no, it wont affect or slows down the forum because these are just basic feautures and wont consume much of bandwith.

dillpicklechips

Activity: 994
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 03:59:39 AM
Last edit: October 31, 2017, 05:10:16 PM by dillpicklechips

Email is not so damn hard to verify, blocking "unknown" emails won't make any difference at all because you can make thousands yahoo or google accounts, getting new IP is not rocket science and I don't see how few seconds between posts could reduce spam. Can you post 2 posts in 1 minute?
Agreed. To create an email in google and yahoo, you just need sim card for them to send the verification which doesn't cost much to buy. And yes, you can change IP from time to time easily. Well, #4 seems not a good idea. I think getting your activity count reduced when you delete your posts is enough.

Lets suppose theymos implement all these rules.
Now lets see:
1)every day new email and few minutes for bitcointalk verification
2)^^^
3)every day new bitcointalk account
4)every day 1 post in games and rounds.

Do you see ^^^ as spam reduction?
Nah. But they will exert more effort than what they did formerly.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: