Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 12:32:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New US-based ASIC Bitcoin Mining Hardware Manufacturer - ASIC Technologies  (Read 5981 times)
socket

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 05:30:28 PM

We registered the domain by proxy because, understandably, I dont like my personal information all over the internet - I'm sure any of you would do the same at first.

No. That is not how business is done. That is how scams are done.

If you want to do business, kindly provide some verifiable material. Your name, CV, LinkedIn profile, business registration. Advertise your skills. Who are you, and why would anyone trust you with their money. Obviously, you don't really care about getting real customers in by providing good reasons for them. You care about getting the suckers in. That's what all this looks like.

You hear that?  That my friend is the deafening sound of silence.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ArcticWolf

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 06:37:07 PM

Very interested in this. Not interested enough to risk my $$ without a little proof of concept first, but definitely bookmarking this for later

https://www.crypto-trade.com/ref/arcticwolf Try CryptoTrade.com, a new exchange for trading Currencies and Securities
ASICTechnologies (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 12:08:36 AM

Yes, our design team all have day jobs in the defense industry, just as we advertise. So, while we have been working this in our personal time for months, we aren't quite ready to all abandon our day jobs until we learn what the market interest & reaction will be. Some of us have families, etc, and it will be a little time before we are ready to make the jump. I hope this is understandable. It's quite possible that we will need to pursue VC funding in order to get this done, if there are few orders, it all depends on interest, though we've had quite a few interested folks so far. While it may sound extraordinary to some that we've been working on a full custom design, honestly we do this for a living and it isn't all that extraordinary to us. Hence we have been pursuing this for some time. In any case, we only accept Paypal as of now, and I hope this offers a level of buyer protection and security for you!
niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 12:15:37 AM

Yes, our design team all have day jobs in the defense industry, just as we advertise. So, while we have been working this in our personal time for months, we aren't quite ready to all abandon our day jobs until we learn what the market interest & reaction will be. Some of us have families, etc, and it will be a little time before we are ready to make the jump. I hope this is understandable. It's quite possible that we will need to pursue VC funding in order to get this done, if there are few orders, it all depends on interest, though we've had quite a few interested folks so far. While it may sound extraordinary to some that we've been working on a full custom design, honestly we do this for a living and it isn't all that extraordinary to us. Hence we have been pursuing this for some time. In any case, we only accept Paypal as of now, and I hope this offers a level of buyer protection and security for you!
I can warm up to this. What bothers me, and should be bothering you, is that all job contracts I've seen in the States specifically prevent employees from running a related business in their free time. Government employer was no exception.

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
J35st3r

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 12:18:28 AM

I asked this question earlier. You've had some time now. Do you have an answer?

We are currently in a 28nm design flow, and as for shipping date, we are scheduling into a run, but essentially it hinges entirely on the success of our offering. If we get enough orders, we'll be delivering in 2-3 months. If not, we'll have to refund what orders we have taken so far and pursue venture capital, which is much more expensive and will impact our prices. I figure the peace of mind offered with Paypal should help in making the case that we are legitimate. @warzor still working on those 1nm chips...

I hope you realise what you are claiming here is quite extraordinary. Is this a Full Custom design, or a Structured ASIC, and are you using a dedicated mask set or MPW Shuttle. Reply carefully, your reputation will depend on your answer.

1Jest66T6Jw1gSVpvYpYLXR6qgnch6QYU1 NumberOfTheBeast ... go on, give it a try Grin
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 12:22:31 AM

We registered the domain by proxy because, understandably, I dont like my personal information all over the internet - I'm sure any of you would do the same at first.

No. That is not how business is done. That is how scams are done.

If you want to do business, kindly provide some verifiable material. Your name, CV, LinkedIn profile, business registration. Advertise your skills. Who are you, and why would anyone trust you with their money. Obviously, you don't really care about getting real customers in by providing good reasons for them. You care about getting the suckers in. That's what all this looks like.

You hear that?  That my friend is the deafening sound of silence.

Yeah, this is something that makes no sense. I don't know of any reputable business that says "you can send us money but... we won't give any information about our company. Just hope you get what you were going for!"

It'd be different if you were an informational site. But when you are running a business, it's important to make people feel secure with throwing their money to you.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
J35st3r

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 12:35:28 AM

OK, this is pure https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_authority

What amazes me is that you think you can get away with it. This isn't facebok or twitter here, you've fallen into the pit of vipers.

And BTW, talking about Argument From Authority, this post makes me a Sr Member, Woohoo, I've been here 10 days!

1Jest66T6Jw1gSVpvYpYLXR6qgnch6QYU1 NumberOfTheBeast ... go on, give it a try Grin
ASICTechnologies (OP)

Activity: 7

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 01:19:39 AM

Agreed, this was a concern, it's actually a non-compete agreement. Fortunately, a Bitcoin mining product doesn't compete with anything we currently work on.

I can warm up to this. What bothers me, and should be bothering you, is that all job contracts I've seen in the States specifically prevent employees from running a related business in their free time. Government employer was no exception.
01BTC10
VIP

Merit: 503

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 01:30:33 AM

Nice website but no convincing argument about legitimacy.
crazynoggin

Activity: 176

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 01:43:33 AM

Right now, signs point to scam, show some actual credentials and proof that you are working on these miners as well as actual contact information and I as well as others might consider pre-ordering. If you are a legit group, you need to give people enough information that they can get their money back if you fail to deliver or bail.

Use my referral link if you want: https://primedice.com/?ref=Crazynoggin
owsleybeatsbigcartel

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 03:35:10 AM

Hi All,

I would like to introduce you to ASIC Technologies, www.asictechnologies.com. ASIC Technologies started in late 2012 as an exploratory project by a small team of ASIC and FPGA chip designers working at defense OEMs and a fab who were interested in the potential of Bitcoin and pleased by the success of the first advanced mining systems. Since development of these chips was our speciality at work, we decided to investigate our ability to develop a custom chip for hashing Bitcoin. As our design matured in early 2013, we grew confident our products will meet target specifications and compete with others in the expanding marketplace, improving competition in a currently somewhat-monopolized space.

It seems that most of the major vendors (BFL, kncminer, etc) have promising designs but are, as of yet, slow to get their supply chains going and products shipping. Our team has relationships with many custom ASIC chip developers for defense applications, and I believe these relationships and our experience delivering these chips to defense clients will assist us in meeting our deadlines better than prior firms.

Please feel free to check out www.asictechnologies.com and post feedback here. I'm a new registrant to this forum, but not new to reading about complaints about the current companies, so i anticipate this post will be moved to the custom mining hardware thread.

Thanks!

interesring!~where are you located?
owsleybeatsbigcartel

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 03:36:40 AM

pit of vipers! niceeeee ;-)weeeee
Hullabaloo

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 12:20:24 PM

"ASIC Technologies"? That's like calling a new fertilizer company "Cow Manure", isn't it?

Tips? BTC: 1PuPCtUt3pmMjbiLTgTKD6G9AkQS3FBUtD            WDC: WPmzeDfXjgoTEztP1rGCe1ZcBLLMJq7yvL
                                                        Time is Bitcoin!
dwdoc
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 07:35:59 PM

https://www.bitmit.net/en/item/36576-large-9g-hash-miner-from-asic-technologies-com    ??
J35st3r

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 07:58:42 PM

Current bid: 3,500.32 GBP (= 50.0046 BTC) (22 Bids)

With no information, not even a picture.

ID verification:   Not verified.

People are INSANE

01BTC10
VIP

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 08:05:26 PM

Maybe only alt account bidding. He use escrow so probably he will ask for advance payment for "shipping fees".
dwdoc
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 08:37:58 PM

To           Date
asictech   2013-06-13, 03:16 pm
Large 9G/hash miner from asic-technologi
Is this a FPGA or ASIC device? Pictures?

asictech wrote on 2013-06-13, 03:31 pm
RE: Large 9G/hash miner from asic-techno
I bought the miner from asic-technologies.com , Its does do 9G/hash and works great however people on forums are telling me its just a good FPGA unit .

I am not technically minded in regards to hardware but Its great and I have 4 more on order .
01BTC10
VIP

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 08:47:32 PM

To           Date

I bought the miner from asic-technologies.com , Its does do 9G/hash and works great however people on forums are telling me its just a good FPGA unit .

I am not technically minded in regards to hardware but Its great and I have 4 more on order .

From their homepage:

Cases provided by scan.co.uk . E-Q6i – Mini case

They make custom ASIC but use minicomputer case. lol
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2013, 09:33:19 PM

To           Date

From their homepage:

Cases provided by scan.co.uk . E-Q6i – Mini case

They make custom ASIC but use minicomputer case. lol
Well, that's unprofessional.

J35st3r

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 09:42:42 PM

He's selling a "9G/Hash miner". What exactly does that mean?

That it "mines" 9 "G" per "Hash". That could mean just anything he wants it to mean.
And he's very happy running it.

A highly misleading listing, deliberately so IMHO, what BTC miner with 9GHash/sec would describe it thus? This is a plant.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: