Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 08:18:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MetaMask / MEW Question  (Read 210 times)
m4tsby (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 02:49:50 PM

Morning' All - greenhorn here...

I have an issue I cant seem to resolve despite YT videos and guides I have found.

I participated in the BitDice ICO using my MetaMask address. I want to move them to the exchange to invest in something else but for the life of me, I cannot figure it out. I read that I will use MyEtherWallet but now I am second guessing the process. Anyone have experience with this process? 

The issue is, I log into MyEtherWallet, which connects to MetaMask but I am unable to see my CSNO tokens in MEW. I was under the impression that I send the CSNO to MEW, then MEW to Exchange. But MEW doesnt see the CSNO tokens in my Meta account...only my ETH balance. If anyone has any knowledge on this process, I would greatly appreciate it and throw you some coin. Thanks!
jrmoreau

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 01:57:04 AM

Hi, you'll probably need to custom add your tokens on MetaMask or MyEtherWallet. Find the exact contract address, the decimal points used and the exact token symbol and add that token. The token sale admins should have shared this info with you to claim your tokens. If you have any further questions you can always submit a ticket on the MetaMask support page and we'll get back to you within a day.

https://support.metamask.io/home
faithparungao24btt

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 01:59:27 AM

same issue here.. it is hard to identify everything.
BlockFolksHQ

Activity: 224

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 02:39:44 AM

Morning' All - greenhorn here...

I have an issue I cant seem to resolve despite YT videos and guides I have found.

I participated in the BitDice ICO using my MetaMask address. I want to move them to the exchange to invest in something else but for the life of me, I cannot figure it out. I read that I will use MyEtherWallet but now I am second guessing the process. Anyone have experience with this process? 

The issue is, I log into MyEtherWallet, which connects to MetaMask but I am unable to see my CSNO tokens in MEW. I was under the impression that I send the CSNO to MEW, then MEW to Exchange. But MEW doesnt see the CSNO tokens in my Meta account...only my ETH balance. If anyone has any knowledge on this process, I would greatly appreciate it and throw you some coin. Thanks!

Hi, I hope my post helps.

The beauty about using metamask is that it can link to several application so you dont have to log in again. MEW and etherdelta are 2 popular applications that you can connect your metamask after you have log in to metamask. So there is no need for you to do any transfer internally as they all will be using the same wallet.

After connected to metamask, MEW is only able to view popular erc tokens. So there are many other alt coins that is unable to be detected by MEW. You have to manually add these token details into MEW so they can be reflected.
You need the follow details to be added,
- the erc contract address,
- the symbol for the token and
- the token decimals
These information should be provided by the token dev team so do ask them if you are unable to retrieve such information. You also can try to do this on your metamask token tab where you have to manually add in for every tokens including popular ones.

m4tsby (OP)

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 03:01:01 AM

I figured it out, seems silly now looking at it, but I was scared of the whole gas gwei wei yadda yadda. I need to watch a YT video or something on how all that works.
Im not accustomed to messing with ERC-20 tokens. Thank you for the comments. Yes, once I linked my MEW to my Meta, I didnt notice the drop down after I loaded my token. Duh.
hua_hui
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 03:04:03 AM

I figured it out, seems silly now looking at it, but I was scared of the whole gas gwei wei yadda yadda. I need to watch a YT video or something on how all that works.
Im not accustomed to messing with ERC-20 tokens. Thank you for the comments. Yes, once I linked my MEW to my Meta, I didnt notice the drop down after I loaded my token. Duh.

It is ok, i still remember that i have a lot of problem too when i just start using it. MEW has fixed gwei so you cant adjust the amount you like but you still can choose a fix number of gwei. For metamask, you have more freedom to decide the limit and gwei.
pero991

Activity: 199

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 09:57:09 PM

Hi
Please tell me, can you change the password for the metamask?
The one that when you restart the browser you need to enter each time
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: