Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:06:00 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Silver: December hard fork  (Read 2718 times)
CryptosapienZA (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 02:50:28 PM

Someone Pleeeeaaassseee stop this madness

Bitcoin Silver Wants to ‘Make Bitcoin Decentralized Again’ Amid More 2x Rejections

https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitcoin-silver-wants-to-make-bitcoin-decentralized-again-amid-more-2x-rejections

As more cryptocurrency exchanges drop support for SegWit2x, yet another fork may soon grace the industry in the form of Bitcoin Silver.

Coming less than a day after Bitcoin Gold forked from the BTC Blockchain, Bitcoin Silver’s developers wrote on the Bitcointalk forum they intend to “make Bitcoin decentralized again.”

Their description reads:

“...Bitcoin Silver will provide an opportunity for countless new people around the world to participate in the mining process with widely-available consumer hardware that is manufactured and distributed by reputable mainstream corporations.”

While no technical details are currently available, Bitcoin Silver will follow Bitcoin Cash-style distribution methods and be available to BTC private key holders in December. The exact block the fork will occur at remains undetermined.
Don Pedro Dinero
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1556

The first decentralized crypto betting platform

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 03:01:31 PM

When I saw this post with no replies I thought it was either a senseless newbie post or a joke.

Too many forks lately, this can only end up with one of them killing bitcoin (I don’t think so) or becoming a bluff just after the fork and collapsing to practically zero. I think there are being more forks now because, although bitcoin cash isn’t nearly as good as bitcoin it has retained a good position in the market but that can’t happen with all the forks.

fxbit

Activity: 140
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 03:03:39 PM

look much better than segwit2x which I think is just hijack attempt

I'M GOD'S #1 SERVANT
1MGod1NYS3J8GULqdV67WCdiHVHa3Jts7N
Tszunami98

Activity: 812
Merit: 124

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 03:16:54 PM

I love how these charlatans wrap this forks like they are doing it for the comunity, when the whole time they are doing it for their own benefit. I hope they dont find enough followers for this shit project to survive.
CryptosapienZA (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 05:50:51 PM

When I saw this post with no replies I thought it was either a senseless newbie post or a joke.

Too many forks lately, this can only end up with one of them killing bitcoin (I don’t think so) or becoming a bluff just after the fork and collapsing to practically zero. I think there are being more forks now because, although bitcoin cash isn’t nearly as good as bitcoin it has retained a good position in the market but that can’t happen with all the forks.

Same here, when I saw the article I had to step back for a moment and check my calendar. Just in case its an April Fools joke in October. These forks are getting way too much. By 2020 we will have only bitcoin forks in the top 20/coins on coin market cap
MostafaGamal

Activity: 1153
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 05:52:49 PM

too much forks happen this year , i think we will see many forks in 2018 also .
FruitsBasket
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1017

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 05:54:42 PM

I guess we will see 100 bitcoin clones next year. This is so bad for the mainstream adoption of bitcoin and crypto. I think it will confuse the people that do not know alot about cryptocurrency's. We should not support all these forks, just let them do their thing and don't pay any attention to them. I am sick of these scams.

fck@dt-alwayzz_newbz
Rinaze

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 05:56:29 PM

There's no need to bother unless the fork is similar to Segwitx2. Segwitx2 is claiming to be Bitcoin (with no replay protection) while Bitcoin Gold, Cash, Silver and whatever name they add behind is just another altcoin.

cptdome1

Activity: 386
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 05:56:43 PM

Yeah way too many forks lately.   I need to figure out what these all mean
Xavofat

Activity: 938
Merit: 559

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 06:09:19 PM

Since that's literally impossible without someone gaining access to Bitcoin Core's source code and getting rid of all the existing Core devs, it's just an independent project which people can choose whether or not to follow and you're objectively wrong.

Clickbait media is what's stirring this craze for meaningless forks.  There's a lot of hype around forks to the Bitcoin network, and the media (groups such as Cointelegraph) are cashing in on the hype by publicising any utter bullshit that comes their way without any kind of regard for the relevance or necessity of the fork.

Once these forks gain publicity, customers start asking exchanges and online wallet services to give them the new fork at a 1:1 ratio, and then people start trading them because exchanges feel that they have an obligation to their customers (most of which own BTC).

It's a very clever tactic of creating hype and unnecessary trading around something which should be pretty much worthless.  I predict that there will be far more forks over the following year or two.
barneystinson

Activity: 103
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 02:38:42 AM

Do you have any reference regarding the fork that I can read? I want to fully understand how does it work and the purpose of it. Thanks.

█████ █████  ██ MOBILINK-COIN ██  █████ █████
▬ FIRST DECENTRALIZED MOBILE SERVICE TELECOM COMPANY ▬ (https://mobilink.io/)
cotton ball

Activity: 1288
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 02:44:50 AM

In my opinion, bitcoin silver is not born from hardfork process, they are only inspired by BCH and want to stand independently, too much hardfork is also not good because it will damage altcoin ecosystem, the holder needs to think long with the appearance of new coins, especially unstable coins to use and only serves as a medium of exchange.
cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 02:47:49 AM

Hahahahahaha their slogan should be "and you thought bitcoin gold was a joke? Try bitcoin silver." Next to come is pewter, brass and copper. These stupid forks just keep getting shittier and shittier. Do they even have a reason to fork at this point? What are they against!?!?
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1353

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 02:51:32 AM

Like, seriously?

These people who orchestrate these forks are serioudñy just trying to ride in on the hype produced by BCH and hoping to get their forked coin pumped to hell just to dump on the people who's trading it. Usually the people who create these forks are those who have too many bitcoins to dump, like for example BCH creators. They're not really making bitcoin decentralized 'again' but is making their pockets explode with money from unlucky traders.
timikulit

Activity: 196
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 02:53:52 AM

I dont think that this is bad for bitcoin. As long as the main bitcoin core program is not altered we are safe, however we can expect another tide of major buy and sell of bitcoin.

Do you know guys who is the remaining consensus that support bitcoin?

Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 03:02:14 AM

that is exactly what I was expecting the day I heard what the bitcoin cash attackers wanted to do. as soon as they forked from bitcoin like that it became clear that this type of fork is also a thing, and sadly in this world whenever you show these newbie idiots something is possible they start copying it over and over again.

and this is just a start. just like premining altcoins, just like ICOs, and like thousands of shitcoin forks from bitcoin and forks from fork of forks, this will happen a lot. and there will be blood too. most of these will fail to add a proper replay protection, they will release buggy wallets or even wallets with malware in them and people will lose a lot of bitcoin because of it.

good news is that since they are using bitcoin blockchain (140+GB) it is not as easy as all the previous old methods.

Only Bitcoin
cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 03:05:58 AM

Yeah true, at least they're starting with a 140gb blockchain. I wish them good luck with that freaking mess. I wonder if they will have a wallet or if they'll be like bitcoin gold and never get off the ground haha.
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 03:06:15 AM

When I saw this post with no replies I thought it was either a senseless newbie post or a joke. Too many forks lately, this can only end up with one of them killing bitcoin (I don’t think so) or becoming a bluff just after the fork and collapsing to practically zero. I think there are being more forks now because, although bitcoin cash isn’t nearly as good as bitcoin it has retained a good position in the market but that can’t happen with all the forks.

No forks can ever kill Bitcoin and in fact they way am seeing it now those forks (already two in the past) are actually highlighting the strength of Bitcoin and how it is the one and only Bitcoin and all the rest are just pretenders. Admittedly, these forks are getting crazy all because the Bitcoin decision-makers could not unite themselves in the same fashion as of the Ethereum where forks are generally peaceful and harmonious hence no need to give birth to another alts. We have to tell these Bitcoin leaders to stop all of these madness as this is not really serving the overall goals of cryptocurrency and is just showing the great weakness of the whole community.
squallw

Activity: 504
Merit: 122

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 03:51:52 AM

Looks like we'll have 1 HF per month. It's very bad, just mess up the things, mos of alt coins are half of the price before BTG snapshot/fork, and BTC are too inflated.
jtipt

Activity: 1064
Merit: 529

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 04:02:02 AM

Yeah true, at least they're starting with a 140gb blockchain. I wish them good luck with that freaking mess. I wonder if they will have a wallet or if they'll be like bitcoin gold and never get off the ground haha.
Gold and silver go hand in hand lol. So wouldn't be surprised if Bitcoin Silver also ends up like bitcoin gold. These hard forks are essentially just an way of the developers to gain popularity for their shitcoins. If they developed an altcoin like others they won't get much popularity, but with so called 'forking' from BTC, they get to use the word 'bitcoin' and gain extra popularity
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: