Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:04:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Starting bitcoin "PTC/GPT" site.  (Read 2501 times)
QuantumKiwi (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 05:54:16 AM

Looking for investors that may be interested in investing into " Work4Bitcoin.net "

Ive recently come across the domain and considering setting up a PTC/GPT site on the domain.

Needing advertising funds & purchase of script.

If your interested, feel free to email admin@quantumkiwi.com

Thanks

Starting your own website?
CLOUD Hosting from $4.95/0.05BTC!
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 05:55:41 AM

"investors"?

Don't you run a web hosting company? Can't you afford a script..
QuantumKiwi (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 06:35:23 AM

There is a lot more involved in just purchasing a " script ".

Im not going to disclose a business plan in public for others to copy.

Eisenhower34
Legendary

Activity: 906
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 06:52:07 AM

Maybe you translate "PTC/GPT" for the stupid ones like me Smiley

Don't you run a web hosting company? Can't you afford a script..
I guess hes only one of those thousand smaller resellers, so you cant really consider him "running a web hosting company".
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 07:56:06 AM

PTC = Pay to click. Basically, you get paid a cent or less to click on ads.
GPT = Get paid to. Completing offers, etc.
Eisenhower34
Legendary

Activity: 906
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 10:38:03 AM

Lol, never heard those terms and I did / do ALOT of online advertising stuff. PPC / PPM / CPM / CPC / Pay per lead ... those are terms i know but PTC / GPT ? ... Anyway, thanks.

But what is this site about? is he planning to create an ad programm where webmaster register to generate revenue with their adspots or will it be a website where "normal" users are paid for their clicks they make by solving captchas / registering / watching videos ...

I might be interested in an ad programm (#1) (in case QuantumKiwi can proof some connections to the ad industry) but not in this second model where users are paid for their actions... sounds too fishy for me and I bet no real advertiser would allow us to promote them like that.
Yuusha

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 11:00:50 AM

sounds too fishy for me and I bet no real advertiser would allow us to promote them like that.
You're not too far off. I have a lot of experience with PTC/GPT since I played around a lot with them when I was a kid and wanted to make some pocket change. I've also run my own PTC site once for a short period.

Since PTC-sites barely get any advertisers at all, the site owner puts up his own PPC/PPS/etc-ads and pays users to click them. This, however, is usually not sustainable on its own since the site owner usually pays more per click than he makes in revenue on average per click. To sustain the site, the owners add the option to upgrade your account at a high cost. The primary incentive to upgrade your account is that you get more referrals (the main source of revenue for users comes from other users they have referred to the site. You usually get a certain percentage of their earnings. Yes, PTC-sites are usually pyramid schemes.) and get a higher percentage of referral earnings. You can often also buy referrals from the site, but the catch is that these referrals are actually usually bots, not real people. They are often programmed to be profitable for the user in the beginning, but then suddenly they stop "clicking". Eventually, most PTC sites become completely unsustainable as people don't buy enough account upgrades and referrals, eventually turning the site into a scam.

So yes, PTC/GPT is definitely shady.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3070

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 01:57:09 PM

sounds too fishy for me and I bet no real advertiser would allow us to promote them like that.
You're not too far off. I have a lot of experience with PTC/GPT since I played around a lot with them when I was a kid and wanted to make some pocket change. I've also run my own PTC site once for a short period.

Since PTC-sites barely get any advertisers at all, the site owner puts up his own PPC/PPS/etc-ads and pays users to click them. This, however, is usually not sustainable on its own since the site owner usually pays more per click than he makes in revenue on average per click. To sustain the site, the owners add the option to upgrade your account at a high cost. The primary incentive to upgrade your account is that you get more referrals (the main source of revenue for users comes from other users they have referred to the site. You usually get a certain percentage of their earnings. Yes, PTC-sites are usually pyramid schemes.) and get a higher percentage of referral earnings. You can often also buy referrals from the site, but the catch is that these referrals are actually usually bots, not real people. They are often programmed to be profitable for the user in the beginning, but then suddenly they stop "clicking". Eventually, most PTC sites become completely unsustainable as people don't buy enough account upgrades and referrals, eventually turning the site into a scam.

So yes, PTC/GPT is definitely shady.

Most of them are a form of ponzi.

They use the money coming up (account upgrades) to pay out account balances, and the difference constantly grows.  There have been literally thousands of these companies to start up and fail since the late 1990s.  This is nothing new - it has failed to death.  Not sure why the OP thinks adding bitcoin to it makes any difference.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
QuantumKiwi (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 05:06:07 AM

I have received positive feedback from an investor and we are commencing with development.

Thank you all for your positive and negative feedback, we will keep you updated with our LEGIT GPT/PTC BTC site.

Best Regards,
Quantum Kiwi

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: