Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 12:20:49 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Valuations  (Read 212 times)
traderperspective (OP)

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 04:31:57 PM

I am a big fan of cryptocurrencies, and not one of these guys who think it is a scam. I believe that they will play a big role in the future. Still though, I am not completely sure about where the Altcoins valuations comes from and what support this valuation. Just an example as FunFair. The coins in supply has a total market cap of ≈72 mio $. What supports this valuation? Is it purely based on future expectations?
highperspective

Activity: 87

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 04:35:57 PM

There is a very good article of crypto-valuations here in the link: https://medium.com/@cburniske/cryptoasset-valuations-ac83479ffca7

Generally, there are factors that has to be estimated as e.g. the growth rate (S-kurve steepness). This means that a lot of the factors used in crypto-valuation, are actually estimates, that are more or less subjective.
Therefore the valuations are hard to tell exactly (as with stocks and all other assets classes).
Fu.Sin

Activity: 378
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 05:16:40 PM

There are coins that support the real sectors of the economy. There are coins that support mythical projects. After the coin is released to the stock exchange, it is already subject to trading agitation. Many speculators do not pay attention to the original meaning of the coin. They look at the chart and buy m sell on schedule.

AGATE  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ Facebook Telegram Twitter Medium   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   AGATE
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █    PayPal of Cryptocurrencies     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
████  Blockchain Protocol + 12 Working Modules - Use Crypto as Cash  ████
Zeeks

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 05:18:56 PM

The valuation usually comes from support, community size, and technical features the coin has or developments it will be going through.
ticterine

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 05:27:33 PM

Short term valuation comes in terms of news, hype, marketing, and speculation. Long term valuation is usually delivery, working products and adoption.

Most people in crypto seem to be very shortsighted and panic if a coin dips over the course of one month.
insight7

Activity: 147

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 06:33:59 PM

I'm also interested in knowing how correctly it is. heard the opinion that they consider the turnover for 24 hours and this is multiplied by some coefficient.
tora

Activity: 532
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 06:43:57 PM

As with almost anything whether it is a service or an item the price is ultimately governed by supply and demand.
anasso

Activity: 224

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 07:35:37 PM

the valuation is equal to token price x total supply!

i think this valuation not reflect the real market because you to substract the number of lost tokens!
yura888

Activity: 364

“Create Your Decentralized Life”

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 07:40:11 PM

Well, honestly at the moment all the cryptocurrency is a purely speculative tool

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: