Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:42:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Beware!!! Bittrex will take out your stop-loss order...  (Read 747 times)
Calm N Patience (OP)

Activity: 93
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 05:55:30 PM

Hi All,

I putted a stop-loss order at 1.5% below the current price of Lumen BTC-XLM on Bittrex trading platform, I just wanted to secure the profit as the price was soaring high. Within a minute right after I've done the stop-loss order, it got taken out even the price hasn't dropped down to my stop-loss price yet. This is the second times that happened to me and this is also the second time I've used stop-loss order. At that time I was watching on the trading screen and I'm sure the price hasn't dropped down to my stop-loss order and it got taken out.

Did Anyone has the same experience? It more like a high frequency machine used by the exchange to play the trick taking out the stop-loss for making profit.
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wiss

Activity: 68

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 03:37:29 PM

must have been a bug or?
MickeyT2008

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

This account was recently hacked

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:27:32 PM

It is a bug, it happened to me a lot of times in the past when i was trading with monero/bitcoin.
I lost more than 0.05 bitcoins because of that, i was lucky because bitcoin was not even 1/4 of its actual price.. but it is a lot of money if you think about that.
It is a bug, it always happens when you do a lot of trades in one single day, and there is nothing to be worried about, because you probably didnt lost a lot of money in this.
but yes, maybe you should try to send a support ticket to see if they can refund your money.

This account has recently been hacked and taken over, I haven't posted anything for about two years.  Whoever has been using it and pretending to be me is a scammer.
Calm N Patience (OP)

Activity: 93

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 03:47:54 AM

It is a bug, it happened to me a lot of times in the past when i was trading with monero/bitcoin.
I lost more than 0.05 bitcoins because of that, i was lucky because bitcoin was not even 1/4 of its actual price.. but it is a lot of money if you think about that.
It is a bug, it always happens when you do a lot of trades in one single day, and there is nothing to be worried about, because you probably didnt lost a lot of money in this.
but yes, maybe you should try to send a support ticket to see if they can refund your money.

Do you use a lot of stop-lost on Bittrex? I use two times and both got taken out even the prices had not reached to the stop-lost yet. The bugs seemed look after Bittrex though.
crimson12

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 04:06:49 PM

So you guys are saying I shouldn't rely on a stop loss order within bittrex? It will probably get canceled? What about using the API? Do those hold well?
Shishir99

Activity: 644
Merit: 379

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2017, 11:32:14 PM

May be Bittrex is going to be the next poloneix.
They are creating lots of controversy.
They have closed down lots of account before.
I think in 2018 we will see the rise and popularity of decentralized exchange.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: