Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:20:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Splitting Bitcoin into Bitcoin Gold in Electrum wallet - how to?  (Read 1013 times)
Michail1
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2017, 08:20:28 AM

Of course, the main reason that most of us make mistakes is because we are not familiar with wallets. I would recommend that in order to get BCH, BTG, BCD users to put BTC deposits in the exchange, such as binance and Hitbtc, and the withdrawal fee is very low, they will help us to solve all this without our own hands .

And risk the exchanges going down, being hacked, or an issue while you send to them?  No way.
Also, most exchanges don't give you the split coins either.  Just think, coinbase isn't going to give you the bitcoin cash until Jan 1st.   So, you miss all that opportunity for months.

I think the best thing you can do is learn before you make a move, and use hardware wallets.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
manchester93

Activity: 251
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 09:01:00 AM

It's worth your time to check your addresses that contained a balance on 10/24 and import those into coinomi.  Just did it myself for a couple of people.
More importantly, move out your BTC and BCH first.

I already moved my BTC out, with the intention of sweeping my BTG keys into Coinomi. Then I went to download the app -- Android only. I only have IOS phones and an old Windows phone (pre Windows 10, so can't run Android apps).

So I guess I'm shit outta luck.....

Somebody should make a MEW clone so people can push BTG transactions given their private keys. Hell, the BTG devs really should have hired someone to fork Electrum!

Coinomi works.  I can verify that.

You're not shit out of luck.   You could send me the private keys (since you moved your BTC and BCH out, and I can get and move them for you.
or
You can get an android device to do it.
or
You can do it via a chrome addon and install the app.

Interesting. Well, getting an Android device sounds like overkill. But the other options sound doable. Sending you a PM now! Smiley
Michail1
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2017, 09:47:33 AM

It's worth your time to check your addresses that contained a balance on 10/24 and import those into coinomi.  Just did it myself for a couple of people.
More importantly, move out your BTC and BCH first.

I already moved my BTC out, with the intention of sweeping my BTG keys into Coinomi. Then I went to download the app -- Android only. I only have IOS phones and an old Windows phone (pre Windows 10, so can't run Android apps).

So I guess I'm shit outta luck.....

Somebody should make a MEW clone so people can push BTG transactions given their private keys. Hell, the BTG devs really should have hired someone to fork Electrum!

Coinomi works.  I can verify that.

You're not shit out of luck.   You could send me the private keys (since you moved your BTC and BCH out, and I can get and move them for you.
or
You can get an android device to do it.
or
You can do it via a chrome addon and install the app.

Interesting. Well, getting an Android device sounds like overkill. But the other options sound doable. Sending you a PM now! Smiley

Done.  Smiley

htsz_da12

Activity: 163
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 10:15:11 AM

Btg can be successfully extracted by importing your bitcoin private key into a wallet that can extract btg, provided you have btc in the corresponding private key of the btg block.
Michail1
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2017, 04:54:59 PM

Btg can be successfully extracted by importing your bitcoin private key into a wallet that can extract btg, provided you have btc in the corresponding private key of the btg block.

Not correct.

You do NOT need BTC in the address in order to extract your BTG.   Moreover, I specifically tell people prior to sending me the private keys that they move the BTC and BCH to another address first.  This way, there is no worry that I could possibly take those coins from them.

Recap - Move your BTC and BCH to other addresses prior to claiming the BTG.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: