Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 11:00:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I was ripped off by a member of Bitcoin Forum and am being ignored by admin.  (Read 4106 times)
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 12:29:44 PM

OK - this is why you use reputable services (eg Blockchain.info) instead of something tor related. Tor wallets seems to have a 100% scam rate so far.
RedRobin2442

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 03:01:26 PM

Onionwallet (Onion wallet) is a SCAM.  Prior to using the Onionwallet site, I could not find any reviews on the site.  Well, I was just robbed for about $165 from that site.  Here is how it went down...beware and don't make the same mistake I did.

1.  I deposited <1 BTC into 2 different accounts
2.  I received a message that my BTC transfer was being processed (correct amount shown)
3.  After 45 minutes, the BTC was simultaneously taken out of both accounts
4.  The BTC, according to blockchain, was placed into 1NRMGqPYXwPoAGHiPAMzBgkqCcmgms3hjH       
        reference:  http://blockchain.info/address/1NRMGqPYXwPoAGHiPAMzBgkqCcmgms3hjH
5.  I am no longer able to log in to either account, as the site is a scam itself.

What is the tell tale sign is that the OnionWallet site will allow me to create a new account and log into that account; however, I cannot log into the accounts that I deposited in.  After feeling something was fishy, I used blockchain.info to figure out exactly where the BTC went and that my accounts in OnionWallet are empty.  My password is abstract, and I take good care to maintain its confidentiality.

Are there many scam wallet sites out there like Onionwallet?  I researched OnionWallet before I deposited, but there was no one saying that it was a scam.  One look at the blockchain 1NRMGqPYXwPoAGHiPAMzBgkqCcmgms3hjH let's me know that this guy has been scamming quite a bit.

Sad for sure....Anyone have any suggestions on a trustworthy, anonymous wallet site out there?

I am not the only one, it is not my job to police Bitcoin Forum.

-Branzig.

Yep, its not you job. Its your job to use decent security practices when online (2fa). Its your jobs to file your own police report. Its your job to stop blaming the forum and stop acting like a little bitch. The admins do this for free. Get over it.

WuLabsWuTecH

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 04:14:52 PM

tl;dr:
I want help! Something happened, but I won't tell you what it is.  I just want you to help me fix it, but I won't tell you what kind of help I need.  So can you help me?
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 04:28:04 PM

tl;dr:
I want help! Something happened, but I won't tell you what it is.  I just want you to help me fix it, but I won't tell you what kind of help I need.  So can you help me?

no
WuLabsWuTecH

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 08:03:10 PM

tl;dr:

no

Psy, will you change your mind and help me if I type up 2 more paragraphs that are completely irrelevant?  (I'm smarter than the OP because I'm asking before I do it so I do less work if the answer is no...)

But in all seriousness, what's up with people coming to this forum lately and asking for help but not posting what their desired resolution is?

The admins haven't done anything for you because you haven't asked them to do anything in particular!!!
Pale Phoenix

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 10:10:00 PM

I am not the only one, it is not my job to police Bitcoin Forum.

-Branzig.

No it's not your responsibility, but it really isn't anyone else's either.

It's obvious that you're upset, and that's completely understandable if you've been a victim of theft, but it seems like you are doing everything but what you yourself recommended:

IF YOU EVER GET RIPPED OFF, IT IS TOTALLY ACCEPTABLE, AND YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO OTHERS TO SCREAM IT OFF THE ROOFTOPS, TELL EVERYONE, POST IT EVERYWHERE, BUILD A WEBPAGE DEDICATED TO THE PERP, START A BLOG

If you could just cool down a bit and write a detailed post with your specific allegations, you might be surprised at the amount of assistance / advice you receive.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: