Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:56:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Retrieve password of my wallet  (Read 528 times)
DinoNick (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 08:06:27 PM

Hi everyone,

I have mined btc back in 2014 and used bitcoin Core v0.9.3.0-g40d2041-beta, now i wanted to acces my bitcoin which i haven't done yet and i tried the "dumpprivkey" but it asked to me to enter a catchphrase. I dont remember ever receiving or choosing a catchphrase or password.  How does Core v0.9.3.0-g40d2041-beta behave? Does it ask you to create a password or does it give you a catchphrase to save? I dont have this version anymore so i cant test it, i also dont know if i can download it anymore.
aleksej996

Activity: 490
Merit: 389

Do not trust the government

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 08:19:22 PM

I assume your wallet is encrypted with a password. It is very likely that it was the same as now, you choose a password for encryption. If you can't remember a password then maybe you can try cracking it using btcrecover software or maybe even some wallet cracking services.
charlyga

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 08:40:36 PM

Hello to all, i just would like to comment what happened to me. I had an a multibit hd account that i was very happy user, but i read that not any more support and consigliate to change for electrum. So i tried to convert my account to electrum but i could not find the multibit seed, so decided to open a clear electrum wallet and then transfer my credit. I did it and now the problem is that i cant use my bitcoins as i see my electrum wallet but when i try to use it say that password is wrong or incorrect. I tried many times with all my passwords but nothing.. (it is suppose that cant be wrong type as asked 2 times true?) Then i tried to recover with the seed and the strange thing is open another account that have zero credit where i can use my password...
Now i see my standard wallet with the credit and i can see the transfer from my old multibit account but i can not use the credit. Someone can help me to understand what i can do? Thanks a lot guys
VTOS.IO

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 10:11:30 PM

one friend have huge bitcoin amount encrypted so he is an encrypted millionaire he can't use that bitcoins is very difficult to retrieve that passwords so if you have anybody can do this please pm

V T O S   |   Decentralized CDN & Social Network         
  Whitepaper    JOIN OUR ICO  >  SEP 24th  <
FACEBOOK               MEDIUM               TWITTER               GITHUB               TELEGRAM
TryNinja
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 7116

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 12:40:09 AM

one friend have huge bitcoin amount encrypted so he is an encrypted millionaire he can't use that bitcoins is very difficult to retrieve that passwords so if you have anybody can do this please pm
If you are serious about this, you may tell your friend to contact this wallet recovery service[1] and see if there is any chance of them recovering his wallet password. Or just contact the owner of the site here at BitcoinTalk[2]. I never heard anything bad about them, and your friend may not have another choice, so I would trust them.

[1] https://walletrecoveryservices.com/
[2] https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=130960

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
aleksej996

Activity: 490
Merit: 389

Do not trust the government

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 01:16:43 PM

If you are serious about this, you may tell your friend to contact this wallet recovery service[1] and see if there is any chance of them recovering his wallet password. Or just contact the owner of the site here at BitcoinTalk[2]. I never heard anything bad about them, and your friend may not have another choice, so I would trust them.

[1] https://walletrecoveryservices.com/
[2] https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=130960

Dave is quite trusted to my knowledge, but it would be unfair to say that I haven't heard anything bad about him. There was one time some user said on this forum that he was a scammer, but it is too little to go on.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: