Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 06:42:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How our governments are failing us buy not promoting bitcoin  (Read 1312 times)
yocko06 (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

1Kgyk4nQSzb3Pm9E9vWiGVyJ6jpPwripKf

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 09:57:52 AM

I have noticed that in China there are adds on tv about bitcoin. it seem that the chines government is promoting bitcoin for their people. It's funny they did this for their people with gold when it was $400.per ounce.
I believe they can see the future value behind bitcoin and they are planning on giving the country a huge amount of money due to its growth. if bitcoin goes the way i believe it will then this will make China a huge super power. (even bigger than it already is)

http://www.coindesk.com/chinas-romance-with-bitcoin-continues/
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 10:23:56 AM
Last edit: June 11, 2013, 10:53:55 AM by cypherdoc

What else is China going to do with all those USD's?

They used to be the major buyer of UST's. Until Ben decided he wanted to be THE buyer of 70%of the entire supply just so he could keep rates low for his buddies.

Now the smart thing is to perform the Speculative Attack outlined by our friend Nicholas Plassaras.
LordMeowMeow

Activity: 617
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 10:51:48 AM

They would only be failing us if they were looking out for us in the first place. They're not. All they look out for is themselves and whoever has enough money to buy them. Bitcoins go against their hold on the people, I do not see them supporting it quickly, especially in the US where the banking system runs the place.
worldinacoin

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 11:36:41 AM

China is a good place for business as long as you don't talk politics
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 12:38:15 PM

You have to be very cautious with China. There was a TV show which talked about bitcoin, no ads, and I'm still waiting for a government official to publicly endorse bitcoin. I'm not sure it would be good if someone does. I don't like the idea of Fincen messing with bitcoin, and I don't want a Chinese government agency doing the same.

Does anyone seriously think the Chinese government can help bitcoin? China has a laissez-faire attitude for now, but if it were to decide that this has to stop, they will act accordingly. China doesn't support democracy, and it's the world's biggest polluter, don't expect anything from that country.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 01:03:48 PM

China is one of the few countries that actually know how an economy works which is why they're doing so well, if their government is as smart as I give them credit for then chances are they've probably already investigated the code themselves and realised it would be too much trouble to ban it.
BitAddict
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 01:25:43 PM

China is the future. If they addopt bitcoin, in the near future they're going to be country #1.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 01:28:31 PM

You have to be very cautious with China. There was a TV show which talked about bitcoin, no ads, and I'm still waiting for a government official to publicly endorse bitcoin. I'm not sure it would be good if someone does. I don't like the idea of Fincen messing with bitcoin, and I don't want a Chinese government agency doing the same.

Does anyone seriously think the Chinese government can help bitcoin? China has a laissez-faire attitude for now, but if it were to decide that this has to stop, they will act accordingly. China doesn't support democracy, and it's the world's biggest polluter, don't expect anything from that country.

Someone in another thread said they've seen TV ads.
yocko06 (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 03:02:45 PM

they are running adds promoting bitcoin. The adds would not be on tv in China if the chines government didn't aprove of them.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 03:05:32 PM

they are running adds promoting bitcoin. The adds would not be on tv in China if the chines government didn't aprove of them.

paper or tv ads?
yocko06 (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 03:06:15 PM

China is one of the few countries that actually know how an economy works which is why they're doing so well, if their government is as smart as I give them credit for then chances are they've probably already investigated the code themselves and realised it would be too much trouble to ban it.
this is exactly right. they know how to make an economy work, I don't agree with the methods used but I can't denie they are looking to be the strongest country.
yocko06 (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 03:06:58 PM

paper or tv ads?
tv
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 03:13:09 PM

paper or tv ads?
tv

wow, that's remarkable and the first time i've heard of tv ads being run.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 03:19:58 PM

They would only be failing us if they were looking out for us in the first place. They're not. All they look out for is themselves and whoever has enough money to buy them. Bitcoins go against their hold on the people, I do not see them supporting it quickly, especially in the US where the banking system runs the place.

Are you saying that farmers do not look out after their livestock? Come on!

Some farmers are just better than others, that's all.

some farmers just can't eat that many cows.
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 12:08:21 PM

Anyone has a link to prove there were TV ads?

It's just hard to believe. Who would pay for them?

The link on top of the page is about a TV show which happened to talk about bitcoin, that's very different from ads, and there's no data to show any government support. I believe countries from Northern Europe give more support.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: