Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:53:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ASIC vs GPU  (Read 6844 times)
Ashutosh_Tiwari

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 10:42:42 AM

I would suggest you that GPU is better than ASIC because they can calculate all algorithm than ASIC they only calculate only one algorithm at a time,GPU is Cheaper than ASIC,Mining with GPU is easier than in ASIC and it is easier to sell the GPU and you can get experts choice over GPU easily than in ASIC.So go with GPU.
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FDC1412

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 11:26:20 AM

To answer your question straightforward, ASIC is better compared to GPU because it is an application that requires minimal power moreover it is faster compared to GPU. Faster in terms of solving bitcoin blocks that generates bitcoin. It requires minimal power because the sole purpose of ASICs is to solve bitcoin blocks unlike GPUs that also is used by the computer itself for display and performance. ASICs are also less costly compared to GPUs that costs fortunes if you use more than 4 GPUs.

HasHe

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 11:52:14 AM

I want to know expert miners what is the best way to mine ASIC vs GPU

Thank Alot
It was earlier that GPU systems were used to mine bitcoins.But now,mining difficulty has increased a lot and so,bitcoins could only be mined with powerful ASIC miners.China is the leader in manufacturing ASIC miners and only for this reason,largest number of mining farms are located in china.

If you just want to mine altcoins,then even GPU systems could be used to mine them.You could ust download minergate software and star mining.But it may even damage the motherboard of your system.

It has been said tht mining logarithm of BTG hs been changed so that even GPU system could be use to mine Bitcoin gold.But,till now,no official statements has been made clearly.

But still,mining altcoins using GPU systems seems less profitable.
WatchMaker

Activity: 518
Merit: 104

PUFFY FINANCE

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 02:52:02 PM

ASIC:

Advantages
Compact form factor.
Gigantic hash power right out the box. 
Ese to use.
No need for other components only PSU to run it.

Disadvantages
Very Noisy fans
Hard to buy you need to preorder
Hard to sell
You can mine Lightcoin and Bitcoin.

GPU:

Advantages
Can mine several coins at once.
You can tune the video cards to consume less electricity. 
Supports many coins. 
Easy to buy.
Easy to sell.

Disadvantages
Complicated to configure mining rig to start mining.
To start mining you need a case,cpu,ssd, ram, motherboard, and psu.

Based on this analysis showing both advantages and disadvantages - it shows GPU mining is better, faster and more profitable. ASICs is little bit old school. Cheesy

Swap & Trade Tokens, Enjoy Great Yield & APYs
▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬  PUFFY FINANCE  ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬
▬▬▬JOIN PRIVATE SALE▬▬▬ >>Early Opportunity<<▬▬▬
Makar88

Activity: 52
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 08:49:46 AM

The main problem of the ASIC is the lack of guarantee, and the people serving them, narrow focus on algorithms, so home diggers prefer the GPU, that's all the specifics.
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 10:14:17 AM

The main problem of the ASIC is the lack of guarantee, and the people serving them, narrow focus on algorithms, so home diggers prefer the GPU, that's all the specifics.

If you go with best seller site such Amazon, aliexpress or bitmain you will get the best miner with the high consuming hash rate for the right miner you choose. Equi hash algorithm would usually in most of the ASIC. In profit wise ASIC miners best in market but with you will not be able to make lumsome profit.
cryptoDARO

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2017, 12:32:33 PM

GPU mining is just more decentralized which is a good thing.
jeverson

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 01:15:24 PM

Thank Alot

gpu
slate_main

Activity: 105
Merit: 11

BYTZ

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 10:19:37 PM

ASICs for sure as lower overall power drain, and simpler in design, really though, strides should be made to whittle down the overall power draining on the network, and heat.
asianjanedoe

Activity: 33

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 10:33:21 PM

Not sure how much it cost to run ASICs, but I have a 5 GPU rig running RX480s and the cost is roughly $175-$200 USD per month. Which is killing me. Hoping Ethereum price goes up in the near future.
AmXProX

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 10:52:47 PM

Thank Alot

Now a days if you want to mine bitcoin you need to use an ASIC miner (antminer S9).
Most GPU can only mine alt coins now since mining Bitcoin using it will not be profitable.
Downside of an ASIC miner is that it consumes a lot of electricity and it don't have other
use but mining Bitcoin.

GPU's can mine altcoin if there is a coin that is worth mining then I suggest better go with this.
Warranty is until 3 years and in case mining is not profitable it can be used as a Graphics card for your PC's

Betnomi300%█████████████████████   ████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS

████   ████
UP
TO
20%█████████████████████   ████   ██
WEEKLY
CASHBACK

████   ████
100%█████████████████████   ████   ██
RAKEBACK

████   ████
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
Play now!
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
deadsilent

Activity: 1148
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 10:58:48 PM

ASIC is faster than GPU. It is build to solve blocks faster. But it is only build for few cryptocurrency only, bitcoin or any sha256 altcoins. ASIC miner is the popular mining equipment these days. But GPU has a lot of advantage compared to ASIC. GPU has a lot of choices which cryptocurrency to mine. Most altcoins supports GPU mining. So if you're preferred with GPU mining. You should aim for altcoins not bitcoin. Because it's hard to mine bitcoin with GPU because it's more slower compared to ASIC. But still depends on what cryptocurrency you want to mine. GPU for altcoins and ASIC for bitcoin and other sha256 altcoins. But if i were to choose. I choose GPU. Ethereum supports it. I like Ethereum because it has a future.
Tassadar4o

Activity: 49

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 01:12:39 AM

They can easily be sold once they become unprofitable.When a card is bought, most people modify bios, undervolt and overclock it. So they get even more computing power and less power consumption.Also you get for gpus 1,2,3 years of waranty.
Hamphser

Activity: 2464
Merit: 325

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 12:13:12 PM

Thank Alot
Best way to mine would really depend on which coin you would mine. if its sha56  then you would really need ASIC miners since GPU wont able to mine such thing.We do know that Bitcoin cant really be mined by using GPU since it would really need asic miners which currently and the latest one is antminer s9 which do have 14+ th/s.We can point out that it is specialized to mine bitcoin and other coins which do have the same technical feature but on most cases on altcoins it can be mined by using GPU cards.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
ningthemcha

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 12:56:41 PM

My choice is Mining with gpu cards.
Advantages are :
1. You can tweak to save power consumption.
2. Warranty support is far better than asic (I don't know about asic warranty & if you didn't do any unofficial bios modding to your gpu card).
3. You can mine many different coins. (What if Bitcoin becomes unprofitable)
4. "My asic blows up" or "One of my gpu card blows". Just think of the investment loss.
5. Sell out your gpu cards to game freaks when you wanna upgrade to more powerful gpu cards.

Thanks! Cheers!
darthmaul

Activity: 714
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 01:59:07 PM

I am confused as your name and signature suggest you have a background in cloud mining?

If you want to mine bitcoin then you need an Asic machine.

If you are going to mine with GPU you would be looking into some Alt-coins. They may be able to help you with the profitability in the alt coin forum.

Other than that you would need to compare profitability by using different calculators

Hello my friend im asking i want to know different points of Views but thanks for your answer

He explained everything well. What exactly it is you seeking for.

In all the ways I believe that ASIC is more comprehensive hardware man made for mining the bitcoin while on the other hand GPU a smart algorithm which was supposed to be used for gaming but now using its capabilities in the field of mining. Thats something different that we all know. One is heavy cost another is cheaper yet costly for a gamer though! Whatelse, thats just general info I believe. No straight comparison I can find. :-)

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Siddela Sarat Kumar

Activity: 37

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 08:21:59 PM

ASIC(app-specific integrated circuit) is to be used if you are looking to mine bitcoin.
And with GPU (graphic processing unit) can be use to mine alt-coins. Which is quite profitable.
Both will do. But if you were to choose, GPU would score high. Say due to their good resale value , them being energy efficient ,less noise pollution etc.. And GPU miners are normal computers.
Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 10:41:27 PM

ASIC(app-specific integrated circuit) is to be used if you are looking to mine bitcoin.
And with GPU (graphic processing unit) can be use to mine alt-coins. Which is quite profitable.
Both will do. But if you were to choose, GPU would score high. Say due to their good resale value , them being energy efficient ,less noise pollution etc.. And GPU miners are normal computers.
Most of the miners that's being used today is the ASIC(application-specific integrated circuit) and this is the last hope that you will ever gonna find since there's no one yet that can replace it's capability. Some think that a quantum computer maybe the next ASIC but it will never gonna happen since that technology doesn't exist yet. GPU would have scored high when it comes at the ratings but users doesn't have any other choice because ASIC is only the upgraded version of miners of bitcoin before.

matasovic

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 09:47:30 PM

ASIC:

Advantages
Compact form factor.
Gigantic hash power right out the box. 
Ese to use.
No need for other components only PSU to run it.

Disadvantages
Very Noisy fans
Hard to buy you need to preorder
Hard to sell
You can mine Lightcoin and Bitcoin.

GPU:

Advantages
Can mine several coins at once.
You can tune the video cards to consume less electricity. 
Supports many coins. 
Easy to buy.
Easy to sell.

Disadvantages
Complicated to configure mining rig to start mining.
To start mining you need a case,cpu,ssd, ram, motherboard, and psu.

You forgot that you can also mine in minecraft on GPUs Smiley

HODL
jekjekman

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 03:33:19 AM

Thank Alot

First question that you need to answer is what are you trying to mine, If you want to mine bitcoin
ASIC miners are the one that can mine bitcoin but if opt to mine altcoins then you can go with GPU for mining.

GPU mining can be profitable in mining alt coins and it can also do multiple mining wherein you can mine 2
different alt coin at the same time unlike with ASIC miners most of the devices are specifically built for a coin.
And another advantage that GPU has is that it has longer warranty period and once mining is not that profitable
anymore you could use your device as a GPU for your computer just make sure that the GPU that you get has a
video output on it since manufacturers are now releasing GPU for the sole purpose of mining.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: