Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:51:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ASIC vs GPU  (Read 6844 times)
crypt0naut7

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 08:30:42 PM

Not sure how much it cost to run ASICs, but I have a 5 GPU rig running RX480s and the cost is roughly $175-$200 USD per month. Which is killing me. Hoping Ethereum price goes up in the near future.

Seems like your setup is not optimized at all.. I have 7x gpus and paying $100/month for my rig. Feel free to shoot me a pm if you'd like to discuss

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
layoutph

Activity: 1386
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2017, 10:52:58 PM

I am also planning to buy one.  What is the best miner that supports mining of different coins or probably supports upcoming Ico coins? Do you know any, and how much is that ?
Fretcy

Activity: 395
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 07:10:07 AM

ASIC ,GPU, CPU and FPGA are crypto currency mining hardwares, in the early stages of bitcoins CPU mining was possible after every three to four years time the mining difficulty keeps on increasing, so mining with CPU is not possible now a days it requires more power generated machines to mine bitcoins to get more profits one need to start mining in ASIC machines or GPU in power plant or mining rig, in most of the developed countries miners use power factory with 10000's of computer's or hardwares to mine bitcoins. Both ASIC and GPU are two most preferred hardware machines used for mining bitcoins and other crypto currencies. GPU's are used to solve complex mathematical problems for mining which helps to earn bitcoins whereas ASIC machines are comparatively expensive than GPU machines, ASIC hardwares are used for bitcoin mining these machines requires only less electrical energy compared to CPU.

K O N I O S        |│        The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
[   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ]      [ AIRDROP | LIVE ]      [    ICO  |  July 1st    ]
WHITEPAPER                       TWITTER                       TELEGRAM                       ANN THREAD
Alok_Yadav

Activity: 267
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 06:29:57 PM

I want to know expert miners what is the best way to mine ASIC vs GPU

Thank Alot

With ASIC you can mine BTC. And with GPU you can mine altcoins.
There are websites which gives full info from basics. You can also check out some videos for better understanding.
leonair

Activity: 1218
Merit: 390

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 07:29:49 PM

Thank Alot

GPU mining are mostly used on mining alt coins and when used for bitcoin it will not be profitable.
If you are aiming on mining bitcoin then you should use ASIC devices. It is quite hard to get a
piece of it since most poeple are hoarding it and are  re selling it for a higher price double or triple the original price.,

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
sexycoin69

Activity: 175

Hoqu.io – Decentralized Affiliate platform

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 06:48:20 AM

Go GPU.... at least when you're done mining you can build a sick computer if you're into gaming/video editing/ etc. But if you have zero interest in computers then maybe asic is better, set and forget it.

beachbummer

Activity: 251

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 07:56:11 AM

Go GPU.... at least when you're done mining you can build a sick computer if you're into gaming/video editing/ etc. But if you have zero interest in computers then maybe asic is better, set and forget it.

I second that. I prefer GPU mining for the same reason. Whether you lose interest or cryptos go down, at least the GPUs will have some use or resale value.
taxmanmt5
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1024

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 06:15:20 PM

Thank Alot

Asic is a machine which is use for mining. It can mine better than GPU and gives good result you can make good income from it. But a lot of energy required for it you have to turn it on everyday. If you're looking for mining with your computer then you need a GPU the mining processes would normal but slow as compare to ASIC.
d0d15

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:59:39 PM

I wonder why is there no more noise around mining. Nowadays it is profitable even in West EU, and USA. With modern ASIC machine which is not expensive (~3000 € or $) one can easy make > 200 $ per month (profit).

Considering trend it will only become more profitable. The reason for silence is probably the fact that more miners means less profit. Buying is currently more profitable, but also much riskier. As miner one will make profit even if BTC stays at 12k the whole year.
Atomicc

Activity: 301
Merit: 31

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:43:32 AM

ASIC miners are easy to use, very stable, but You have some limitations (risks). Mostly they are designed for one ALGO, and You can use ti only for coins which use that algo.
Also, the ASIC miner market is specific. Only a few producers which exploit huge demand for ASICs and have a very specific model of sale (Bitmain reservations, orders, delivery plans...warranty issues).
Also, they overproduce some models (D3). On the beginning it was the most profitable miner at all. But now after tens of thousands produced (difficulty rise to the moon, price do not follow it)...so, You can mine 8USD/day, now. Very loooong ROI. Check the EBAY, You will find hundreds of offers in half of original price.
Probably, We will see the same story with L3...difficulty almost doubled in last 3 days /2jnrd3y]http://[Suspicious link removed]/2jnrd3y

In GPU mining You need to have some technical knowledge, and You can always have some issues, because You use ordinary computer parts, most of them are not projected for 24/7/365 work.
In other hand You have a much wider choice of coins and ALGOs. You found a better profitability, only start another software, and go... Also, it is easier to find the components...

So, If You have a good deal for some new developed ASIC what You get in few days, take it...if You need to wait delivery for months...You never know how profitability look like...

gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 02:13:20 AM

Not sure how much it cost to run ASICs, but I have a 5 GPU rig running RX480s and the cost is roughly $175-$200 USD per month. Which is killing me. Hoping Ethereum price goes up in the near future.

Seriously?  Are you paying 20 some cents per kwh?  My six GPU Vega 56 rig is costing me about 80/mo to run at 10 cents per kwh.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
SriNr

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:44:21 AM

I am confused as your name and signature suggest you have a background in cloud mining?

If you want to mine bitcoin then you need an Asic machine.

If you are going to mine with GPU you would be looking into some Alt-coins. They may be able to help you with the profitability in the alt coin forum.

Other than that you would need to compare profitability by using different calculators

what is ASIC and GPU,?
and what is different?
 i.m not  understand,, please tell mE!
Agozyen

Activity: 672
Merit: 252

Until the end

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:55:50 AM

Thank Alot

ASICs will put a lot of pressure on you to continually upgrade.  If you look at electricity consumption and hashrate for older ASICs you will see each newer generation getting more powerful and more efficient.  This means your revenue will drop off over time. 
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 04:26:55 AM

I am confused as your name and signature suggest you have a background in cloud mining?

If you want to mine bitcoin then you need an Asic machine.

If you are going to mine with GPU you would be looking into some Alt-coins. They may be able to help you with the profitability in the alt coin forum.

Other than that you would need to compare profitability by using different calculators

what is ASIC and GPU,?
and what is different?
 i.m not  understand,, please tell mE!

ASIC - Application Specific Integrated Circuit

GPU - Graphics Processing Unit

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: