Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:16:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: TOGETHER WE CAN HELP !!!  (Read 2870 times)
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 02:13:00 PM

I decided it was a scam before I ever clicked on the thread because of two things:

1) The username of the OP
2) The all-caps subject line.

Nothing I've seen here or on the linked web site gives me any reason to reconsider.
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
deadweasel

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 02:13:57 PM

It might not be a scam but the lack of information on the website is going to put a lot off people of donating.

I'm no expert but I would have thought that at the very least there should be some contact details, a little about the backgrounds and experience of the people involved.

As has been said, the charity sector is very competative and difficult to break into. But transparency is a must.
For sure, thanks for the support!
I thought we don't need a page full of lies, I want to make this simple!
I don't need to scam people with small amounts of bitcoins, but as I said, maybe together we can do something!

Why would it need to be lies?
I said we don't want to write 10 pages to convince you to donate. You are doing this because you can simply help.

You are doing this so you can simply profit off saying you are "helping".  You have no evidence, no business plan, no charitable status, no reputation, no identity, so on and so forth.

SCAM

Thanksforhelp (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 02:16:10 PM

I understand what is happening here. People don't have trust, this is fair.

Let's make it like this:

I will post some pics/videos with a poor family that I saw.
I'll write here their needs, and then we can gather some funds. (Let's say 0.1 btc/user)

Now, the users who can help with this amount, just make a post here, so I can make a list.
deadweasel

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 02:20:11 PM
Last edit: June 11, 2013, 02:37:44 PM by deadweasel

I understand what is happening here. People don't have trust, this is fair.

Let's make it like this:

I will post some pics/videos with a poor family that I saw.
I'll write here their needs, and then we can gather some funds. (Let's say 0.1 btc/user)

Now, the users who can help with this amount, just make a post here, so I can make a list.

You will be better off begging on the street and giving that money to local charities and food programs.

There is absolutely no reason you need bitcoins to begin your 'helping' organization.  

Either the OP Is 8-14 years old and honestly wants to help someone, or he's a reincarnation of the many scammers here on the boards.  

EITHER WAY THE MONEY WILL BE WASTED.

OP clearly has no idea how to even make the attempt at legitimacy.

Thanksforhelp (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 02:23:41 PM

I'm 24 and I just want to see some kids smiling you dumb!
deadweasel

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 02:27:21 PM

If that's all you want, go volunteer at the local soup kitchen.  Your time will be well rewarded.

You need to understand that your approach on this forum is completely wrong.  Had you done any research at all you would understand that.

From the PM you sent me:

You are crazy man!
Donations aren't a scam!

Crazy men send their bitcoins to any old twat on the forums.  Say, someone with 5 posts, no reputation, no convincing explanation for their behavior, and no plan to use the bitcoins in any way, and no way to give a receipt for tax purposes.  

Sane men question everything.  Sane men trust, but verify.  Sane men use historical events (thousands of identical scams on the forums) to judge the likely outcome of current events.   Sane men don't send their bitcoins to any old twat on the forums, no matter who they say they are going to help.

Thanksforhelp (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 02:29:54 PM

If that's all you want, go volunteer at the local soup kitchen.  Your time will be well rewarded.

You need to understand that your approach on this forum is completely wrong.  Had you done any research at all you would understand that.

From the PM you sent me:

You are crazy man!
Donations aren't a scam!

Crazy men send their bitcoins to any old twat on the forums.  Say, someone with 5 posts, no reputation, no convincing explanation for their behavior, and no plan to use the bitcoins in any way, and no way to give a receipt for tax purposes.  

Sane men question everything.  Sane men trust, but verify.  Sane men use historical events (thousands of identical scams on the forums) to judge the likely outcome of current events.   Sane men don't send their bitcoins to any old twat on the forums, no matter who they say they are going to help.

I'll make this donations happen anyway.
It seems like here people won't do anything.
jeannie

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 02:30:46 PM

I don't think it is necessary to start calling each other names.  Just give the OP a chance to explain more.

deadweasel

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 02:35:22 PM

I don't think it is necessary to start calling each other names.  Just give the OP a chance to explain more.

I believe that chance has come and gone. 

If OP wants to run a charitable organization, he needs to do it properly.  Currently he is doing something which is indistinguishable from a scam.

As far as I'm concerned, if it's indistinguishable from a scam, then it Is A SCAM.

I have given OP a number of avenues to take to legitimize himself and his endeavor -- it's his job to do so.

jeannie

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 02:39:35 PM

Why would it need to be lies?
I said we don't want to write 10 pages to convince you to donate. You are doing this because you can simply help.

[/quote]

You don't have to write 10 pages of "lies" as you call it.

But you need a bit more than "send us some money so we can feed the poor"  as noble as that cause might be.
[/quote]

That I agree, certainly need more than one sentence.  Not that we are suspicious, there is simply too many scammers around

deadweasel

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 02:41:19 PM

I am suspicious because there are more scammers here than any other place I've encountered.

Shinodan

Activity: 63

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 02:44:39 PM

I am not thinking it is a scam, just that I feel more details need to be given.   We are in a forum where there are people of all kinds and types.  Definitely there are some bad hats among us.  It is better for everyone to be careful with their Bitcoins or fiat money.  Of course, charity is a good cause, thats why I am urging you to release more details or others may think it is just a scam and I can't blame them.

This is a scam.  If it was not a scam, there would be more than 5 minutes worth of effort put into the idea. 

This is a scam.  If it was not a scam, they would already be helping people with an established organization.

This is a scam.  If it was not a scam, OP would have more than 5 posts.

This is a scam.  If it was not a scam, evidence of the 'charity' would be presented obviously and helpfully at the very start.

This is a scam. 

but.. but.. I sent my coins already! :/

Cant belive i watched that unfold...

"HEY I HAVE A CHARITY WEBSITE"

"HERES 10 BITCOIN"

10 bitcoin would sort me and my family out for months as i am genuinely poor. I really hope its not a scam. Would leave a bitter taste.
its amazing to see how frivolous the wealthy are with their money....

Lisk
deadweasel

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 02:45:45 PM

I am not thinking it is a scam, just that I feel more details need to be given.   We are in a forum where there are people of all kinds and types.  Definitely there are some bad hats among us.  It is better for everyone to be careful with their Bitcoins or fiat money.  Of course, charity is a good cause, thats why I am urging you to release more details or others may think it is just a scam and I can't blame them.

This is a scam.  If it was not a scam, there would be more than 5 minutes worth of effort put into the idea. 

This is a scam.  If it was not a scam, they would already be helping people with an established organization.

This is a scam.  If it was not a scam, evidence of the 'charity' would be presented obviously and helpfully at the very start.

This is a scam. 

"HERES 10 BITCOIN"

10 bitcoin would sort me and my family out for months as i am genuinely poor. I really hope its not a scam. Would leave a bitter taste.

I bet that he did not actually send those BTC.    It was in good humor.

Shinodan

Activity: 63

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 02:46:30 PM

This is a scam. 

"HERES 10 BITCOIN"

I bet that he did not actually send those BTC.    It was in good humor.

I really hope so :| lol

Lisk
bitcoinchecker

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Provider of Bitcoin products and services

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 02:52:00 PM

You may well be genuine and well-meaning, but your responses to criticism here have not done you or your "charity" any favours.

I doubt whether you'll get a single satoshi here because of your attitude.

If you still intend to pursue this worthy cause, you will need to add one more member to your team of four..... a PR person.

Quality Bitcoin T-shirts for sale http://thevillageidiotme.ipage.com/shop.html
dwdoc
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 02:57:58 PM

http://bitcoinsforcharity.org/

mewsie

Activity: 12

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 09:27:55 AM

This whole thing is kind of pathetic...

Considerations before giving to a charity, for those based in the US - http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0074-giving-charity

Advice for Australians - http://www.scamwatch.gov.au/content/index.phtml/tag/charityscams

e.g.

• The person tries to put pressure on you by making you feel guilty or selfish if you don’t want to donate.
I'll make this donations happen anyway.
It seems like here people won't do anything.
  • The person asking for money cannot or will not give you details about the charity, such as its full name, tax status, address or phone number.
All the bitcoins will be in sight, we will start helping poor children and their families by buying them what they need.
  • The person gets defensive if you ask any questions about what the charity does and how much of the donation gets taken up by costs.
You are crazy man! Donations aren't a scam!
  • The person doesn’t want to give you a receipt. Or, they give you a receipt that does not have the charity’s details on it.
  • etc...
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: