Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:46:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ICOs = More of the same  (Read 876 times)
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 11:14:44 PM

I fired up a Pentium II 33 mhz computer mined a few blocks then kept millions of coins for myself and my "company".
Now i will sell them all to you.. want to haz buyings ?
Ahh but you ask oh but Spoetniks what is teh gimmicks ?
I dunno.. fuck you pay me.. GO REDSKINS!

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/southpark/images/8/83/GoFundYourself-00018.png/revision/latest?cb=20140925163534
You make me wet. How much do you want for your Pentium II coins? And where?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 11:23:49 PM

I fired up a Pentium II 33 mhz computer mined a few blocks then kept millions of coins for myself and my "company".

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/southpark/images/8/83/GoFundYourself-00018.png/revision/latest?cb=20140925163534

Ask your Mom for more Altcoin money.. tell her you need $50 for Redskins "startup" coinz.

Hey when did Microsofts add teh crypto supports to windows ?
I see the service called "Cryptographic Services"
I guess that was when 8 million scammy shills flogging ETH said "Microsoft is using Ethereum".

FUD first & ask questions later™
Crumple Cat

Activity: 364
Merit: 138

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 11:28:51 PM

It seems that when you research the ANN section you swarm in a pile of shit.
People, stop supporting the bounty of shit, stop investing in shit Shocked

BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 11:33:43 PM

Ask your Mom for more Altcoin money.. tell her you need $50 for Redskins "startup" coinz.

I guess that was when 8 million scammy shills flogging ETH said "Microsoft is using Ethereum".
I'll ask my mom the next time I go visit her. Unfortunately it's quite far away so I don't get to see her very often.

P.S. I agree that most people on here are brainless shilling clowns who don't even know what they are shilling. But you're not all that much better by just generalizing every single altcoin that used an ICO as a fundraiser, despite your intermediate grasp of the English language.

Said the guy participating in a signature bounty campaign. Are you even cereal?
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 06:38:19 AM

Buddy you are playing dumb.
ICO's are scammy by design.. it's because of HOW THEY WORK.

It's the equivalent of saying some pyramid schemes are legit.. because i made money off them.

Context much ?
No ICO will ever accomplish anything than a price spike on a govt compliant exchange.
Why ?
Ask a professional..
Ask them what they think of the WAY THEY WORK.

Crypto *IS* ideology.
ICO's rape it and leave it for dead.

A digital currency is not suppose to be a 100% premined startup company centralized by shady unregulated little assholes making 100's of "coins"

The ICO is a thousand steps in reverse and pisses all over the ideology in a variety of ways.
They are for example 100% centralized.
We are suppose to be decentralized.

Are you guys scammy or retarded or what ?

..i think both.  Roll Eyes

Need more ?
I could write a fucking book on it Wink

Never mind my "FUD" though.. you can't believe anything i say because i have a negative rating on a scam site.

Crypto Joke Time with Spoetnik:

What used to be called a scam ?
A 2% premine on a "coin".

Now ?
100% premine (an ICO) is legit  Cheesy

BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 01:49:01 PM

Not every ICO is a premined "currency".

There are ICOs for which the tokens are indeed just a representation of equity (albeit not by legal standards) that will allow participation in profits.

This concept has absolutely nothing to do with cryptocurrencies in the traditional sense and if you think that this is the only instance of ICOs you're not up to date.

As far as government compliance goes, who gives a fucking shit? Governments aren't exactly interested in citizens anyways, so there's no reason for me to care about governments.

And what type of professionals are you referring to? Because even Lufthansa is officially backing an ICO these days. Just because the law isn't up to date doesn't mean that ICOs can't be legitimate. The use cases have always preceded laws, with regulations following as markets mature.

Are most ICOs outright scams? Obviously, yes. Are most of the remaining ICOs with genuine founders led by completely fucking clueless kids with no ability to actually see their promises through? Sure.

But that's no different from the traditional start-up scene. I don't see you running around telling start-ups to stop starting up and collecting funds because they'll just use the money to live their life freely for a few years before closing down without ever creating a return for their investors.

P.S. I don't give a shit about your trust. Trust on this forum is an even bigger joke than the countless activity farming clowns who either keep spreading nonsense that is not only wrong but that they also clearly do not understand or otherwise deliberately lie in hopes of making a quick buck.
Jenna_G

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 03:07:37 PM

What about smart contracts area? I think it is the most promising projects
Please read this - https://www.coinspeaker.com/2017/10/25/top-4-best-ico-platforms-managing-smart-contracts
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 03:54:13 PM

Bullshit.. ICO's are premined.
Even if they tack on mining AFTER THE FACT ..like ETH's dev did.

ICO = Centralization.

That is in no way an improvement over Bitcoin.. hence why each and every single one of them is doomed.
Since price spikes on govt controlled exchanges is all you care about you all line up to defend bad shit.
The entire rest of the world does not feel that way.
You are preaching to the inner crypto greedy profiteer idiot circle jerk choir.

I really couldn't count how many thousands of times i have explained it all to you kidiots in great length.
Over and over and over and over like a broken record.
Point after point after point.. a huuuuuuuuge massive list of reasons.
WHY ICO's are bad.. yes *ALL* of them.. not some of them  Roll Eyes

And here i am doing it again to yet another douche with an ICO SIG campaign signature here  Roll Eyes
Keep up your little circle jerk here see if i care.. it won't get you anywhere though.
You can choose to ignore the glass ceiling but trust me, it's still there.

Crumple Cat

Activity: 364
Merit: 138

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 04:40:10 PM

I'll ask my mom the next time I go visit her. Unfortunately it's quite far away so I don't get to see her very often.

P.S. I agree that most people on here are brainless shilling clowns who don't even know what they are shilling. But you're not all that much better by just generalizing every single altcoin that used an ICO as a fundraiser, despite your intermediate grasp of the English language.

My friend, I didn't say that all the bounty campaigns are shit. I said that stop to participate in shitty campaigns and investing in shitty ICO. The one I participate in is a crypto portfolio competition. They don't hold the ICO and don't require any money to participate in the competition.

I very carefully choose the bounty of projects that hold the ICOs. As a rule, I participate in 5-7 projects at the same time, no more. Basically, these are projects that are already working successfully. Such as Crowdholding, GUTS, Dether, E-Chat, others. Participating in scam projects we contribute to scammers.

abcd7

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 05:21:00 PM

i can not understand why some people says again and again that ICO is s**t for investment etc i have make my research and i was the one of being responsible for my invest and really because i am one of them that i make a lot of research i double my money lot of times and only ones i lost from my profit causing from ICO. Be the one that you will do the correct research and not the one that you are listener only. . . . most of them is the same yes but in the exception you make the profit.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 06:00:05 PM
Last edit: October 30, 2017, 06:12:30 PM by BTCMILLIONAIRE

Bullshit.. ICO's are premined.
Even if they tack on mining AFTER THE FACT ..like ETH's dev did.

ICO = Centralization.

That is in no way an improvement over Bitcoin.. hence why each and every single one of them is doomed.
Since price spikes on govt controlled exchanges is all you care about you all line up to defend bad shit.
The entire rest of the world does not feel that way.
You are preaching to the inner crypto greedy profiteer idiot circle jerk choir.

I really couldn't count how many thousands of times i have explained it all to you kidiots in great length.
Over and over and over and over like a broken record.
Point after point after point.. a huuuuuuuuge massive list of reasons.
WHY ICO's are bad.. yes *ALL* of them.. not some of them  Roll Eyes

And here i am doing it again to yet another douche with an ICO SIG campaign signature here  Roll Eyes
Keep up your little circle jerk here see if i care.. it won't get you anywhere though.
You can choose to ignore the glass ceiling but trust me, it's still there.
You don't have to decentralize the whole damn world. I don't want to decentralize authority over my family. I don't want to decentralize the decision making process of what I'm going to eat for the rest of my life. I don't want to decentralize my financial decisions.

And I sure as hell don't want to decentralize the authority over my own company (as is the case with IPO listed ones).

Just look at what is happening in the fucking US. A bunch of deluded SJWs taking charge of companies because some shitheads are too worried about their stocks tanking if they speak up to bullshit. It's ridiculous. Some things are better off decentralized, but that's definitely not true for everything.

And you're not particularly bright if you think that there's a cookie cutter solution to every problem, even if it's called decentralization.
swaptaker

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 06:10:37 PM

The ann forum and bounty forum are absolutely nuts.  I've been looking up a bounty program to join soon and kept running accross the same uninspired projects over and over again.  I noticed there were 5 types of projects that kept popping up:

-decentralized banking
-decentralized exchanges
-tokenized gaming
-healthcare on the blockchain
-social media/social communities

well, there were more, but each project proclaimed stuff like "The world's first blah blah blah" and in each thread there would be like 10 posts immediately after the OP saying random shit like, "This looks promising!" or "Great idea! Great team!" and of course a bunch of people reserving translations.

I actually get excited when a weird one pops up.  Like doing an ico to fund a utopian community based on renewable energy out in the middle of siberia. That shit is lit.

People actually can't make interesting ideas. All they want it to receive some funds to make their life much easier.

Your point is important for allt the community. There are only a few interesting/different projects on the ecosystem.
yura_878

Activity: 308

The Operating System for DAOs

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 06:16:37 PM

Well, what kind of difference do you have to take part in? Why are you writing this, the best of you is when there are more projects and it is desirable that they were the best

blueteam09

Activity: 664

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCA

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 06:21:24 PM

I see now many ICO sectors are competing now it has become a trend then, medical sports .. also have a few ico but also quite ico quality for the field of banking. But too many ico will now make investors wonder and difficult to choose and also the ico scam will be crowned  Angry Angry

pearlmen

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 06:26:11 PM

The ann forum and bounty forum are absolutely nuts.  I've been looking up a bounty program to join soon and kept running accross the same uninspired projects over and over again.  I noticed there were 5 types of projects that kept popping up:

-decentralized banking
-decentralized exchanges
-tokenized gaming
-healthcare on the blockchain
-social media/social communities

well, there were more, but each project proclaimed stuff like "The world's first blah blah blah" and in each thread there would be like 10 posts immediately after the OP saying random shit like, "This looks promising!" or "Great idea! Great team!" and of course a bunch of people reserving translations.

I actually get excited when a weird one pops up.  Like doing an ico to fund a utopian community based on renewable energy out in the middle of siberia. That shit is lit.

It might actually be frustrating to see the same thing all over the place I personally don't see anything wrong in bringing out similar projects because the space can take care of everyone but the misrepresentation is what pisses me off about being the first this or that despite the fact that there have been several projects with the same objective and the likes and this is the reason why some people will agree that all ICOs are not offering anything new but the issue is the community is always on the lookout for grewt projects.
frowsiter

Activity: 714
Merit: 261

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 06:28:02 PM

If you ask me then honestly everyone here is having different perspective about the ICO depending upon their experience with the different projects. I mean for me I have myself earned more than thousand dollars just by investing into presale phases and selling those coins in the exchanger period. Where I was looted! No where. I profited always, at least few dollars plus minus than expected but I was good with them.

Ye there are scammers too but those can be identified very very easily in first place. Their ways of approaching, marketing and putting the project ideas up front everything can be seen and then we can make the right decision.
CryptoBankr

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 06:46:40 PM

95% of them are crap
4% are ok
1% of them have serious potential (and only half of those are likely to work long term)

If you do the homework -  you can definitely find a gem or two each month.
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 02:00:34 AM

None have serious potential.
All of them are scammy by design.
All of them are premined or you would have no coins to ICO in the first place.

These are not startups and these are not companies and you are not investors and none of this shit is decentralized.

You are all frauds.
No one with a shred of integrity or credibility is or ever will be involved in this crap.
And it's doubtful this will change because you all have lowered the bar and made this a laughing stock.
How ?

Buy pushing 10k ICO's then blaming the other guy next to you for doing it.. then saying *some*.
And that "some" would be the bags YOU are holding of course.

You are scammy corrupt losers.
Your opinions are fucking dog shit.

Anyone that would support Ethereum for example deserve a fucking punch in the head.
It was a rigged at launch scammy premined heavily manipulated gimmick "coin" fuel token app's platform.
Masqueraded as a so called "smart contracts" system.
Notice the 2 keywords i just said rigged and manipulated ?
Those 2 things are aspects you all continually 100% ignore in crypto.
You simply sit there and pretend that is ok behavior.
Wrong.
You are fucking dead wrong and all of humanity is who is not a scammy ass shitcoin profiteer on earth will agree with me.
Hence the fact there is no future for *ANY* ICO shitcoin.. ever.. or..... anyone with class involved in Altcoins *now.
Your glass ceiling is price spikes on Poloniex for Bitcoin ROI's. (Bitcoin = a fairly launched real currency)

The funny thing is you all jiggle your investard dick-holsters about which ICO is "good" or has potential.. or...
Is ALREADY successful.
You cite ETHEREUM as your grand example.

I LOL  Cheesy

ETH has done fuck all but had a price spike.
Period.
That is it.

It has accomplished sweet fuck all and it never will either.
And that my kidiot noob investard immoral crypto-brats is your mighty metric for success.
Ohhh derpty fuckin' derp my coin iz likes so Innovatives bruh.. is gun a take over the worldz !!!11ONE
So buy my bags and join the SIG campaign  Cheesy

I will post this again and again because you idiots need to be told the truth.
And of course you will line up to defend this crap and fire off the cliche'd *some* retort.
How else can you profit from shitcoins ?

I am right and you all can not deny it.
Why ? Because every single one of you in the Altcoin scene prove it when you open your mouth.
It's nothing but bending morality with scheme "tokens" for BITCOIN ROI's.
So you can check your "portfolio" profit balances.
In other words all of your comments AND actions betray you.
Not one of you supports crypto.. and that goes for every service out there too.
Everyone performs actions simply to pad their wallets.. not what is right or healthy for crypto.

99% of you here will never ever get a shred of respect from me.
I am not amused you fucked up crypto and warped it into a scammy joke.
I wish you'd leave *sooner.
And you will.. i know what all of you will do and say far before you do.
Google search Spoetnik says "I told you so" and you will find a few hits Wink

The reality here is you have NO defense.
All you can say is.. "one day"
Because no Altcoin has done a damn thing.
So you have no defense.. because there is nothing to defend  Cheesy

..oh but you will try ...how else will you get Bitcoin profits ?  Roll Eyes

Disclaimer:

I support fairly launched digital currencies.
Notice i did not say "crypto" ?
Cryptography has nothing to do with it.. nor "black-chains"
Feel free to make a new system guys (instead of ICO'ing a BTC clone + gimmick)

ICO = Scam .

BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:11:18 PM

These are not startups and these are not companies and you are not investors and none of this shit is decentralized.

Alright. This line just proved beyond a shadow of doubt that you don't even bother reading responses and that you're just looking for an excuse to unload your walls of text.

Too bad, I thought you were going to be interesting to argue with at least, but I guess I was wrong.
sillypothead

Activity: 131

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:27:07 PM

Let me try to convince you that there is a hope, there are projects with genuine need for a token and decentralization

My Pet Favorite on is this one https://iungo.network
  • Idea - global decentralized WiFi network deliver ubiquitous Internet access, easy to use, secure and reliable
  • Team - experienced entrepreneurs, real people, LinkedIn executive on board
  • Whitepaper - yes, detailed and to the point
  • MVP - yes, Version 2 in November
  • Funding status - small presale round now

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: