Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:44:34 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Transaction Cancellation Options?  (Read 1263 times)
oregongreen (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 02:18:02 PM

Hello....Newb here of course....

I wanted to switch over to the Armory wallet by transferring my bitcoins to it from my Bitcoin QT wallet. Backed up my .dat file just incase something odd were to happen, and then of course it appears that something did.

I had thought I copied the new address correctly and sent the transaction, however when I went back to look, it appeared the new wallet address was not correct. Have NO idea how that happened, doesn't really matter of course. However there are 0 confirms and I wanted to know what my options are @ this point.

Thanks in advance to those who can advise.
drakahn

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 02:22:50 PM

with 0 confirmations you still have a window

use pywallet to delete the transaction from your wallet and then respend the funds (possibly with a larger fee) and hope the respend gets confirmed first

14ga8dJ6NGpiwQkNTXg7KzwozasfaXNfEU
Chrithu

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 02:27:20 PM

use pywallet to delete the transaction from your wallet and then respend the funds (possibly with a larger fee) and hope the respend gets confirmed first

Cool. I didn't know that's possible. Good to know. I will get pywallet asap, just i case I ever have the same happen as the OP.

oregongreen (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 02:29:46 PM

I went to look on the blockchain and here is some additional information from which I hope helps...

Address xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

First seen?: Never used on the network (as far as I can tell)
    Received transactions: 0
    Received BTC: 0
    Sent transactions: 0
    Sent BTC: 0
    Hash160?: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Public key?:
    Unknown (not seen yet)

Ledger?

Note: While the last "balance" is the accurate number of bitcoins available to this address, it is likely not the balance available to this person. Every time a transaction is sent, some bitcoins are usually sent back to yourself at a new address (not included in the Bitcoin UI), which makes the balance of a single address misleading. See the wiki for more info on transactions
Bitcoin Merchant

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 03:29:35 PM

Did the payment go through yet?
oregongreen (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 07:01:05 PM

It wasn't even a payment...it did go thru...I have no idea where the wallet key came from, because I copied it off the Armory wallet, however i didn't double check.

https://blockchain.info/address/1ZmAVrjGCHdyUDN3mGGgnmS4rp7ygbJ2S

Bottom line it's not to any merchane and that's the pisser...I think it's gone...since the wallet # shows it received... I'm baffled on how this happened and sick as of the moment...

niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 07:51:06 PM

It wasn't even a payment...it did go thru...I have no idea where the wallet key came from, because I copied it off the Armory wallet, however i didn't double check.

https://blockchain.info/address/1ZmAVrjGCHdyUDN3mGGgnmS4rp7ygbJ2S

Bottom line it's not to any merchane and that's the pisser...I think it's gone...since the wallet # shows it received... I'm baffled on how this happened and sick as of the moment...

It may be infection. There is a stealer around which watches clipboard for bitcoin addresses, then simply replaces them with the thief's address when pasting.
I guess you can simply try: copy and address from armory, paste into bitcoin-qt, and visually confirm it is the same.

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
Bitcoin Merchant

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 08:33:04 PM

Bitcoin transactions can not be cancelled.
hashgirl

Activity: 13

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 08:41:42 PM

Be very careful, your system might be compromised... Wish you luck!!
Bitcoin Merchant

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 08:55:46 PM

can we get a update on what happend
oregongreen (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 03:09:49 AM

The only thing that's up is the bitcoins are in the address I posted and from what people have posted on here, they are gone. I think there was something in the Armory Wallet installation, because I've yet to have any issues with that stuff until today. Normally I do double check addresses...however I did not today since it was a new wallet and I had no reason to doubt there being an issue. Wrong!!

Sucks to because it was quite a bit of mining on 4-5850s to get those over the course of the last 6 weeks...

Again if anyone has suggestions let me know...however I do think they are gone...

Regarding my system...ya it's getting re-imaged for that exact reason..
bitbybit2

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 03:25:10 AM

It says in your block you have atleast 2.3 bitcoins.
niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 03:26:25 AM

The only thing that's up is the bitcoins are in the address I posted and from what people have posted on here, they are gone. I think there was something in the Armory Wallet installation, because I've yet to have any issues with that stuff until today. Normally I do double check addresses...however I did not today since it was a new wallet and I had no reason to doubt there being an issue. Wrong!!

Sucks to because it was quite a bit of mining on 4-5850s to get those over the course of the last 6 weeks...

Again if anyone has suggestions let me know...however I do think they are gone...

Would you mind sharing what you had installed, and where you got it? Mining software, clients, widgets...?

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
oregongreen (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 05:17:59 PM

It says in your block you have atleast 2.3 bitcoins.

I'm not following what you mean here?
oregongreen (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 05:18:56 PM

Would you mind sharing what you had installed, and where you got it? Mining software, clients, widgets...?

This is where I went.... http://bitcoinarmory.googlecode.com/files/armory_0.88.1-beta_win64.msi

It's very odd no doubt....
kodo

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 05:29:01 PM

Whats the progress on this?
oregongreen (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 08:23:52 PM

Whats the progress on this?

There is no progress @ this point, because I am lead to believe it's a done and over deal. Seems as if my clipboard was manipulated with an alternative address from something I potentially downloaded from the Armory wallet website. I can't confirm that for sure however...

I'm waiting for someone to possible give me further advise if there is any... but certainly seems like I'm out 2.3 BTC....
CompNsci

Activity: 332
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 09:31:44 PM

I think if the transaction moving the 2.3 BTC is on the blockchain, then it is gone  Angry
CrypTrader

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 10:40:50 PM

Just a reminder to all the newbies... Its really not a good idea to do bitcoin transactions on windows. Get a netbook, put linux on it, and use that to do all your bitcoin related things. Its really the only way to really be safe with all the windows keyloggers ( and apparently clipboard manipulators ) that seem to be running rampant still.
PeterB

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2013, 12:23:35 AM

What is pywallet?

Mine bitcoins with you mind!  Play poker at Seals with Clubs!  Now with mixed games, stud games, and multiple variants of OFC!  These games are not offered on any other bitcoin poker site!  Sign up with me, PeterB, as your referral and I can help you with eBooks, strategy and more!  PM me for more details.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: