Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:34:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MtGox wires ARE delayed  (Read 14533 times)
Bugpowder (OP)

Activity: 394
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 04:26:13 PM
Last edit: June 20, 2013, 10:03:10 AM by Bugpowder

Combating some FUD here... One or two people have recently reported delays with international wires from Mt.Gox to various places (Thailand, for example).

Just wanted to report that I initiated a $9,000 wire from Gox to my US based bank account yesterday, it was immediately processed by Gox, and funds are in my US account today (<24 hours.) I am a verified, but not trusted user, so I haven't tried going over $10k in one transaction. I have been sending wires from Gox to US bank account regularly for 4 months now and have never, ever had a delay of more than 36 hours to wire clearing.

I suspect that the reported Gox delays are due to the user wiring to a non-US country, using SEPA instead of international wires, or having a Gox account with suspicious activity.

EDIT : Goxxed!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 10:50:19 PM

I just got my wire today too, I requested it over the weekend.

(BFL)^2 < 0
lewisg

Activity: 281

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 06:33:43 AM

I received mine today.

ineededausername

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 02:45:28 PM

Hmm maybe they got their wire limit raised or something.

(BFL)^2 < 0
szita2000

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 06:34:34 AM

That is crazy I initiated a bank transfer on the 23rd of May !!!! and I still not have my money, is not even processed...

Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens...
samson
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1068

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 09:15:51 AM

Combating some FUD here... One or two people have recently reported delays with international wires from Mt.Gox to various places (Thailand, for example).

Just wanted to report that I initiated a $9,000 wire from Gox to my US based bank account yesterday, it was immediately processed by Gox, and funds are in my US account today (<24 hours.) I am a verified, but not trusted user, so I haven't tried going over $10k in one transaction. I have been sending wires from Gox to US bank account regularly for 4 months now and have never, ever had a delay of more than 36 hours to wire clearing.

I suspect that the reported Gox delays are due to the user wiring to a non-US country, using SEPA instead of international wires, or having a Gox account with suspicious activity.

Wires are delayed right now. I'm waiting on one since last week.

Support have confirmed the delay and it's still ongoing. I can cancel my wire if I want to - my options are to wait for an unspecified amount of time or cancel it. Right now I'm waiting.

Lets see how quickly your next one goes through.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 11:57:37 AM

Wires are delayed right now. I'm waiting on one since last week.

Support have confirmed the delay and it's still ongoing. I can cancel my wire if I want to - my options are to wait for an unspecified amount of time or cancel it. Right now I'm waiting.

Lets see how quickly your next one goes through.

So if you are waiting on one since last week while Bugpowder reported no delay ALSO last week it'd seem the FUD isn't really FUD after all.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 12:09:17 PM

I've been waiting on multiple wires for about a week now.

Starting to get pretty frustrated.

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
howdoin

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 04:19:06 PM

I have made 5 wires request since June 3rd and nothing has showed on my account - contact MtGox who claim they were processed 10 days ago....
PrintMule

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

FREE $50 BONUS - STAKE - [click signature]

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 04:20:48 PM

If you have a large business, would anyone notice if you fuck up 1-5% of your clients?

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▀        ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ███████████████████████████████████████████████
█████    ▄█████████▌   ▐█████▀  ▐███████████████▌  ▀██████████████████
████▌   ▐██████████    █████    ████████████████    ██████████████████
████▌   ▐█████████▄▄▄▄█████▌   ▐███████████████▌   ▐███▀▀█████████████
█████    ▀███████████████▀▀        ▄███████████    ██▀   ▐████████████
██████▄     ▀▀███████▀▀         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀█████▌   ▐▀   ▄███▀▀   ▀█████
█████████▄▄     ▀▀███▄  ▄▄    ████▀    ▄   ███       ▄███▀   ▄█  ▐████
█████████████▄▄     ▀████▌   ▐███▀   ███   ██▌      ████    ██▀  █████
██████▀▀   ▀█████▄    ███    ████   ███▌  ▐██    ▌  ▐██▌      ▄▄██████
█████    ▄████████    ▐██    ██▀▀   ██▀   ▐▀    ▐█   ██▌   ▀██▀▀  ████
████▌   ▐████████▀    ███▄     ▄▄▄     ▄    ▄   ▐██   ██▄      ▄▄█████
████▌   ███████▀    ▄███████████████████████████████▄  ▀▀██████▀▀ ████
█████    ▀▀▀▀     ▄█████████▀    ▀█▀    ▀█       ▀████▄▄         ▄████
██████▄▄    ▄▄▄▄████████████  █████  ██  █  █  █  ████████████████████
█████████████████████████  █▄    ▄█▄    ▄█  █  █  ████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀▐▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▄█▄    █        ▀▄   ███▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▄       ▄▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████      ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀       ███
███     ▄▄███████▄▄     ▄▀█
█  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀███████▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █
▀█   █     ▀███▀     ▀▄  █▀
▀█▄▄█▄      █        █▄█▀
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
● OVER 1000 GAMES
● DAILY RACES AND BONUSES
● 24/7 LIVE SUPPORT
ineededausername

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 09:53:19 PM

I think gox might have a weekly limit on the number of outgoing wires.

(BFL)^2 < 0
bystander

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 04:43:26 AM

I've been waiting on multiple wires for about a week now.

Starting to get pretty frustrated.

Same here.  Prior to June 5, they were processing my wires within 1 or 2 business days.  Now it's been a week on the last one to US bank account.  Not sure what is going on there.  They replied to my email with a standard form letter that "according to the FAQ's" wires are currently taking a week.  But that phrase was in there a while ago, not just recently.  

dave111223
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2013, 06:57:12 AM

Certainty not "FUD" , at least 10+ different people reporting delays....in fact looks like you are only person I've seen reporting a quick processing time.

I had one transfer that took 6 days to initiate, and the next took about 3 days.

I don't see why you feel the need to "combat" people coming to the "Service Discussion" board to discuss delays in services...

If i'd posted it in the speculation forum with a title of "Mt. Gox has run out of money" that would be FUD, "Mt Gox now adding 1 week processing time to Wire Transfer withdrawals" in the services discussion forum != FUD
naphto

Activity: 392

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 09:05:10 AM

Certainty not "FUD" , at least 10+ different people reporting delays....in fact looks like you are only person I've seen reporting a quick processing time.

10+ different people?
Like 0.001 % of the overall?
szita2000

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 10:32:11 AM

27 days after initiating the withdrawal for international wire transfer the status is still confirmed...

Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens...
howdoin

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 03:24:15 PM

Spoke (via email) to MtGox regarding my wire transfers since June 1 - they claim they are having problem with wire to USA (Citi) and cancelled the ones that were not processed... now I cannot use Dwolla nor Wire and am basically stuck with money in MtGox with no way of withdrawing it.

4 of my wire since June 3 are still processed on their side and they "cannot do anything" but wait, it has been 16 days since the first wire. Wires done earlier this year usually completed in less than 5 business days.

There is definitely a problem there, I asked MtGox to send me copy of the wire confirmation from their bank, they answered all other questions but keep eluding this one. Looks to me like they are stalling on my withdrawals, this is not very encouraging nor reassuring that I have a large sum with them and no wayof getting it back. Their support does "answer" email but does not seem to be doing much about it expect to ask me to be patient.
Nightowlace

Activity: 980

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 12:39:55 AM

Spoke (via email) to MtGox regarding my wire transfers since June 1 - they claim they are having problem with wire to USA (Citi) and cancelled the ones that were not processed... now I cannot use Dwolla nor Wire and am basically stuck with money in MtGox with no way of withdrawing it.

4 of my wire since June 3 are still processed on their side and they "cannot do anything" but wait, it has been 16 days since the first wire. Wires done earlier this year usually completed in less than 5 business days.

There is definitely a problem there, I asked MtGox to send me copy of the wire confirmation from their bank, they answered all other questions but keep eluding this one. Looks to me like they are stalling on my withdrawals, this is not very encouraging nor reassuring that I have a large sum with them and no wayof getting it back. Their support does "answer" email but does not seem to be doing much about it expect to ask me to be patient.

So do not request wires. Buy BTC on Gox, transfer to CampBX, withdrawl to Dwolla. Probelm solved.
dave111223
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 01:11:59 AM

10+ different people?
Like 0.001 % of the overall?

So there are actually 10,000 people on the forum currently reporting on-time wire processing?  I must have missed those 10,000 posts somewhere.
bystander

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 01:45:29 AM

Just got an email from Mt. Gox support, they said it will take another week.

Early last week, I had requested a withdrawal of $10,000 on the dot, now bear in mind this is what their faq states: "If your withdrawal is larger than 10,000 USD (equivalent), it will take at least 2 weeks to process."

Operative word is "larger than" -- so now they are trying to say it will take 2 weeks even though $10,000.00 is not larger than 10,000 USD.  Had they written "larger than or equal to 10,000 USD," then obviously a different amount would've been entered at the time.

Hope some of you out there are having better luck.  I've had it up to here with Mt. Gox.

ineededausername

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 02:09:03 AM

MtGox support is giving out several different stories that don't match up.  I think the issue should be escalated to Mark, if there's a way to do it.

(BFL)^2 < 0
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: