Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:47:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MtGox wires ARE delayed  (Read 14533 times)
arbitrage001
Legendary

Activity: 1067
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 04:55:29 PM

I did call citi.

The request of wire trace is originated from citi support. But once I got the wire trace and contact the support again. They told me I should contact Mtgox and their bank.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2013, 08:18:48 PM

Alright so then likely they are processing 0 more wires for gox at this point.

They are calling NZ customers and telling them this.

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
howdoin

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 01:27:44 PM

Had 2 of my 4 wires returned to MtGox today, minus about $70 per wire due to fees.

Called Citibank and asked for a trace on the wire and reason for refusal (as I have wired from MtGox to this account before I know for a fact all info is correct). Citi could not find any trace of the wires coming in and/or being refused, they also directed me to Mt Gox and Mizuho to find out reasons for return.

Contact MtGox several times, they always answered me within 24h but after one week and several emails they still refuse to show me the proof of the wires from Mizuho and keep telling me all wires were executed and refused by Citibank.

I am annoyed at the fact that I am losing $70 on 5 separate wires ($350) for a problem originating from MtGox - I understand paying fees if I had entered the information incorrectly but paying them because of MtGox internal problems with their banks or authorities is not acceptable, they should cover those fees IMHO.

Ascension

Activity: 457
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 03:31:19 PM

There is a exchange called BitStamp that will solve all of your issues. Their customer support is far superior to Mt.Gox, wires take 1-2 days, getting verified is very easy and takes little time. So far I have yet to see their API go down. I would recommend trying them out as Mt.Gox seems to be spiraling downward.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 03:48:19 PM

I think we should all consider that this will be getting much worse in the near future. Mt.Gox is NOT licensed to move $USD. Neither are other exchanges, and I fear they will begin having their accounts frozen and wires denied soon. This should come as no surprise.

If you don't like it, you should call your political representatives and give them an ear full. Only they have the power to shape the applicable laws.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
arbitrage001
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 08:44:13 PM

There is a exchange called BitStamp that will solve all of your issues. Their customer support is far superior to Mt.Gox, wires take 1-2 days, getting verified is very easy and takes little time. So far I have yet to see their API go down. I would recommend trying them out as Mt.Gox seems to be spiraling downward.

Buying bitcoin at mtgox and then selling at bitstamp cost too much. Cost around 0.6% to buy at mtgox, around 0.5% to sell at bitstamp and the price difference between the two exchange is around 3-5%. Then there is a fee to wire the money out from bitstamp.

If anyone want to play save and get their money right away. Then this might be one of the only two routes (coinbase being the other. I don't mention campbx because of their low volume and even bigger price difference.)

MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 02:10:12 AM

I have a sad update to make today.

Overloaded by MtGox' success, the island of Hokkaido sunk earlier today. The untold casualties are but a small price to pay for the greatness that is the largest lardass in history and his numerous contributions to the welfare of mankind.

RIP Hokkaido, you shall be remembered forever as MtGox Island.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
arbitrage001
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 09:15:42 PM

Does anyone find a way to get the money out without paying a lot?

Amitabh S
Legendary

Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 10:18:51 PM

Maybe they just Joshin.

Coinsecure referral ID: https://coinsecure.in/signup/refamit (use this link to signup)
TimJBenham

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 03:51:36 AM

The two week suspension is over tomorrow. This will be a major test.

You are a warlord in the outskirts of the known world struggling to establish a kingdom in the wild lands.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: