Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 04:52:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: how to secure bitcoin wallet??  (Read 2295 times)
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 02:45:03 AM

Buy a smartphone or laptop just for storing Bitcoins. That will do a great trick and will allow you to make them safe. Don't use it for anything else
This is a good idea and I've been thinking about this lately because I thought that its not a good idea to install in your smart phone a an app to store your Bitcoin, same with sending and receiving Bitcoin. If something bad happens your smart phone like its stolen, its still possible to recover access to your bitcoin but, you need to go through all the hassle.

I remember changing phones and I downloaded the app for the local exchange in our country and I have to prove to the exchange site that I am still the same person by doing a Skype verification and besides I don't do Bitcoin transaction on a daily basis.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mukeymon

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 02:53:47 AM

hacker are always trying to take money from wallet. I am very worried about the security of my wallet. what are the best way to secure wallet so that my bitcoin will always safe and secured. help me to find me the ways.
It is best to be careful before downloading anything online and avoid revealing unnecessary personal information to others.
Reid

Activity: 2870
Merit: 642

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 03:00:58 AM

Buy a smartphone or laptop just for storing Bitcoins. That will do a great trick and will allow you to make them safe. Don't use it for anything else
This is a good idea and I've been thinking about this lately because I thought that its not a good idea to install in your smart phone a an app to store your Bitcoin, same with sending and receiving Bitcoin. If something bad happens your smart phone like its stolen, its still possible to recover access to your bitcoin but, you need to go through all the hassle.

I remember changing phones and I downloaded the app for the local exchange in our country and I have to prove to the exchange site that I am still the same person by doing a Skype verification and besides I don't do Bitcoin transaction on a daily basis.

It is okay for me but not really that great for security.
The thing is could be stolen easily. When it does you will just be lucky if the person who stole it dont knos a thing about cryptos and will just reformat your phone like it is a brand new one.
Mostly that is what they do but there is a slight chance someone will tinker it.
Allura74

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 03:05:54 AM

The best way to be safe is to buy a hardware wallet (I would recommend you ledger nano S, it seems to be the number 1 choice in the market right now). If you cant afford one, make sure your computer is safe from any kind of malware or trojan, and that your private key is stored offline in a safe place.
For me the only way to secure bitcoin wallet is to back up personal password, address and other related information regarding the wallet in secure and safe place that are not online or connected to internet because if we speak about the hackers attack then i think it is more prone if we keep it on the online gadget.

vandvl

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 03:09:52 AM

choose wallet have private key and keep it dont show to other. thats the way to secure your wallet or else use offline wallet so that hacker can access you because you dont have internet connection. remember hacker can attack if you have internet conection..
b1k4ng

Activity: 728

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 03:12:13 AM

this will be very useful to explain that now there are many cases of theft wallets everywhere. I will use anything to protect my wallet

virtfund

Activity: 672
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 03:52:18 AM

I think the best way to use physical wallet is, for example, using a Ledger wallet well .. I also need to use a clean and virus-protected computer. If possible, get a second computer for Bitcoin jobs.
DySWv

Activity: 164

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2017, 04:42:54 AM

Do not ever show your wallet to anyone. The only person that can access your wallet should be you. Try using VPN too. Have a back-up of your private keys, passwords, or whatever that can access your wallet. It is better if that back-up is a hard copy. Print out your private keys.

Bosconovitch

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 05:24:31 PM

Hi all, I sent a fraction of a bitcoin through my ledger nano s and found 8 other sending addresses confirming at the same time.  When I checked these addresses on blockchain transaction viewer, I noticed that the main node was for 17BTC. I don't have even close to this amount of BTC, yet all of the 8 transactions - including mine were all originating from this 17BTC node. I also noticed that they were getting confirmed ahead of my meager 0.06BTC transaction, slowing my confirmations significantly.

Has anyone heard of, seen or experienced anything like this before?

-Thanks
BTC
Vitaliy.St

Activity: 15

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 06:02:32 PM

It seems to me quite sufficient to use offline wallets for protection
But if you are completely paranoid, you can create several wallets and distribute bitcoins on them, so at least you will not lose everything at once.
Saimoon

Activity: 82

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 06:23:45 PM

Never share your wallet password with anyone. Don't even show them your wallet. Its better to have some several wallet. By that, if you lose one you have others. At a time you won't lose everything. And never use password or wallet id to any spam sites.
Lalafell

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 07:07:14 PM

hacker are always trying to take money from wallet. I am very worried about the security of my wallet. what are the best way to secure wallet so that my bitcoin will always safe and secured. help me to find me the ways.
There are lot of hackers in the world that want to get your money in your money and if you want to secure wallet you must keep your password and private key in a safe place where your'e the only who knows it. Try put 2fa to make it secure and make 2 wallet and try to use offline and online wallet.
andiko

Activity: 350
Merit: 101

Asura – Self Sustainable eSport ecosystem

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 07:13:53 PM

To protect money, it's best to use hardware wallets. They even do not have access to the Internet and you do not have to worry about hacking your computer.

rainbow169

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 07:51:41 PM

Get a hardware wallet and store most of your coins there. Using a passphrase where possible to protect against the loss of the 24 words. If you have to leave some balance in exchange for trading, always enable 2 factor for everything.
mintomia199

Activity: 201

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 07:58:48 PM

you can secure your wallet by doing some steps.make sure you store your private key in a safe place.dont open any link that one give you some doubt.be careful about phising and try to make two way authentication if your btc wallet has.after doing these,hopefully you can secured your wallet.
robertdhags

Activity: 62

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 08:21:37 PM

The best way to be safe is to buy a hardware wallet (I would recommend you ledger nano S, it seems to be the number 1 choice in the market right now). If you cant afford one, make sure your computer is safe from any kind of malware or trojan, and that your private key is stored offline in a safe place.
some hardware wallet cost 2k to 4k but it is worth it so you may have now one asset of security then it is now up to you how do you secure it ,
aimata27

Activity: 531

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2017, 03:23:10 AM

There are some little ways to prevent these kind of acts, you might provide some long complex passwords atleast 10 characters and with a combination of alphanumeric, numeric and even some special characters; You can also try encrypting your private keys; Make some two way authentication log ins; You might also try changing your passwords consistently but make sure to create always a smart passwords. And more importantly you should store your account in a safe place where no one but you knows that place.
rhamzter

Activity: 420
Merit: 282

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 03:33:19 AM

There are some little ways to prevent these kind of acts, you might provide some long complex passwords atleast 10 characters and with a combination of alphanumeric, numeric and even some special characters; You can also try encrypting your private keys; Make some two way authentication log ins; You might also try changing your passwords consistently but make sure to create always a smart passwords. And more importantly you should store your account in a safe place where no one but you knows that place.
I agree, using alphanumeric and special characters in password was surely hard to define by the hacker. But in our wallet using android application, these password are not applicable due to only numeric numbers are required for the security. I suggest that the best security of wallet is to limit the amount stores in your wallet.
damnek

Activity: 614
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 09:05:00 PM

Do not ever show your wallet to anyone. The only person that can access your wallet should be you. Try using VPN too. Have a back-up of your private keys, passwords, or whatever that can access your wallet. It is better if that back-up is a hard copy. Print out your private keys.
The bitcoins wallet is completely secured quite recently like the bitcoins so on the off chance that you need to utilize Bitcoins wallet than you can utilize it in light of the fact that nobody on the planet can take a solitary Bitcoins from your bitcoins wallet So try not to be stressed over your bitcoins on the grounds that bitcoins its self are the most secure cryptocurrency on the planet you should purchase increasingly Bitcoins and you can undoubtedly keep your bitcoins in the bitcoins wallet and there is no restriction of bitcoins in the bitcoins wallet.
Jovl

Activity: 65

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 04:21:13 AM

Bitcoin wallets have its security keys which only the owner has access to it.You should have not let anyone know or disclose your personal codes.It is also linked with your e-mail address and in your mobile phone numbers.keep your password within yourself.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: