Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 11:03:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: how to secure bitcoin wallet??  (Read 2295 times)
pollor

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 06:51:59 PM

If hackers decide to crack your wallet, then protection will not help. I think that it is more reliable to store crypto currency on hardware purses.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bergiolia

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

HEXCASH - Decentralized Fund

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2017, 08:01:32 AM

Digital wallets are more vulnerable to hackers so big companies prefer wallet hardware keys to protect their Bitcoin wallets since hardware wallet is the only device that holds your key.

ghost424

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 08:17:03 AM

There are many ways to secure wallets. In our country, bitcoin wallets require many types of verification. The first one is smartphone or cellphone verification. Second is ID verification, you also have to take a selfie with your ID and submit it to the wallet developers. Third is address verification, you have to take a picture of something that indicates that you live in a stable place. You can set passwords for your bitcoin wallet and this is one way to increase security.
Bionicgalaxy

Activity: 317
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 08:36:31 AM

hacker are always trying to take money from wallet. I am very worried about the security of my wallet. what are the best way to secure wallet so that my bitcoin will always safe and secured. help me to find me the ways.
The bestest way to secure your bitcoin wallets from hackers who steals your bitcoins or money is by using the most reliable and safest bitcoin wallet were hackers couldn't steal all of your bitcoins. And you should stay invisible, so no hacker would know that you have a lot of bitcoin.
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 09:28:30 AM

Always remember that it is your responsibility to adopt good practices in order to protect your money.

Be careful with online services. ...
 Small amounts for everyday uses. ...
 Backup your wallet. ...
 Encrypt your wallet. ...
good tips dude, appreciate it, maybe I'll add a few tips, maybe hackers can not enter your wallet but be careful with the virus, some time ago I was fooled because the virus spread on my laptop, the case is I copy my address but then i paste, the address is from someone else? lol
so stay alert and stay focused (watch out for this virus) keep safe your money and your wallet
doomistake

Activity: 1400
Merit: 571

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 10:32:57 AM

Always remember that it is your responsibility to adopt good practices in order to protect your money.

Be careful with online services. ...
 Small amounts for everyday uses. ...
 Backup your wallet. ...
 Encrypt your wallet. ...

What you have said is correct, but it is not that accurate what you are trying to say. There is a lot of scammers and hackers of cryptocurrency wallet nowadays. For example is the phising link to infiltrate your information about your bitcoin wallet, the people you though legit at first but the real thing is they are scammers and so on, so if we are going to be naive, then we are going to be a victim of this people.

To avoid that, think first if what you are going to do is correct and you will not regret in the end.
Vladv26

Activity: 321
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 10:39:10 AM

hacker are always trying to take money from wallet. I am very worried about the security of my wallet. what are the best way to secure wallet so that my bitcoin will always safe and secured. help me to find me the ways.
A paper wallet is one of the best solutions because the wallet is not stored digitally anywhere so therefore cant exist cyber-attacks or hardware failure. All your bitcoins are stored on a piece of paper. That can be a huge advantage but also it can be a big disadvantage because you can anyway lose that paper and if that happen your bitcoin are gone forever.

J A C K B I T   |   FreeSpins & FreeBets      Welcome Bonus     Rakeback VIP Club
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄ ▄▄▄   C R Y P T O   C A S I N O   &   S P O R T S B O O K   ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄
LennyKo

Activity: 20

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 05:53:16 PM

A Bitcoin wallet is like a wallet with cash. If you wouldn't keep a thousand dollars in your pocket, you might want to have the same consideration for your Bitcoin wallet. In general, it is a good practice to keep only small amounts of bitcoins on your computer, mobile, or server for everyday uses and to keep the remaining part of your funds in a safer environment.

Also, a backup of your wallet can protect you against computer failures and many human mistakes. It can also allow you to recover your wallet after your mobile or computer was stolen if you keep your wallet encrypted. If your backup is not dependent of a single location, it is less likely that any bad event will prevent you to recover your wallet. You might also want to consider using different medias like USB keys, papers and CDs.

You may also want to research this: paper wallets are a very secure way of storing bitcoin. A paper wallet is not connected to the Internet, can’t be hacked, and is not a third party you rely on.
wallstone

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 06:10:51 PM

I agree that, some hacker are always trying to steal your money in your online wallet and if you want to keep it safe and secure try to put 2fa and put your password and private key in safe place. Lastly, try use online wallet and offline wallet and do not share your account to anyone.
Larva14

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 06:35:05 PM

Its better if you also mention your wallet do you use in storing your bitcoin. If you want to be more secured in keeping your bitcoin you must activate the 2fa mobile authenticator if you are using an online wallet. Suggested wallet for storing high amount of bitcoins is trezor or ledger wallet. It is portable and and easy to use.
There are some method that you need to follow if you want to keep your bitcoin safe and secure. In addition to that, by adding 2fa in your online wallet is a nice idea and it will make your wallet more secure. I agree that you must store your high amount of bitcoin in trezor or ledger wallet because it will help you to keep your bitcoin safe.
cluit
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:58:04 AM

Well If you are using online wallet such as blockchain.info then you can secure your wallet by adding 2fa to your account also change your password and create a new and strong password (use any online password generator site to create a new strong password)
Always use the original site, Always check the link first when you are going to login(Or bookmark the original link)
Or you can easily secure your Bitcoins by using offline wallet.
In my opinion this is very difficult to secure our bitcoin wallets because the authority is in anther hands and we can just use our wallets for using our bitcoins. I think that the controllers should make it secure and it is also their responsibility to secure all the wallets of the bitcoin holders because all the bitcoin holders pay for their accounts. The security should be made unbroken by the site owners.
lady Royal

Activity: 720
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 10:01:54 AM

Well If you are using online wallet such as blockchain.info then you can secure your wallet by adding 2fa to your account also change your password and create a new and strong password (use any online password generator site to create a new strong password)
Always use the original site, Always check the link first when you are going to login(Or bookmark the original link)
Or you can easily secure your Bitcoins by using offline wallet.
In my opinion this is very difficult to secure our bitcoin wallets because the authority is in anther hands and we can just use our wallets for using our bitcoins. I think that the controllers should make it secure and it is also their responsibility to secure all the wallets of the bitcoin holders because all the bitcoin holders pay for their accounts. The security should be made unbroken by the site owners.

They cannot force you to use two factor authorization do they?
They gave us options to increase the security of our wallet but still we do not use that security features, that is our mistake and we are giving chance to the hackers to hack our wallet.
Their responsibility is to secure and they do that is why they put 2fa and send email every time we login to our wallet and you can also add our mobile number verification if you have that much layers of security then it is really really hard to hack.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
■   .PRIVATE SALE is LIVE.   ■
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Whitepaper   ■   Bounty   ■   Bitcointalk

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                        ███
                     ▄▄ ▀▀▀ ███
                     ██▀ ▄▄ ▀▀▀
                   ▄▄    █▀▀ ▄▄ ██
                   ▀▀ ▄█  ▄▄ ▀
                  ██  ▀ ▄ ▀
                  ▄▄ █▄ ▀▀
                  ▀▀  ▄ ▀
   ▄▄              ██ ▀ ▀
   ██▀               ▄ ▀
  ▄  ▄█         ▄ ▄   ▀
 ███  ▀ █▄ ▄▀ ▀▄  ▀  ▄ ██ ██
  ▀▀ █▄ ▄  ▄█ ▀ █▀  ▀ ▄ ▄▄  ▄█▄
███     ▀▀   ▄█▄       ▄ ▀ ▄ ▀ ▄
▀▀▀ ██ ██ ██  ▀         ▄▄ ▀▀ ▀██
                         ▀ ▄█  ▄▄
                        ▄█ ▀▀ ▀██
                        ▄ ▄█▄
                       ▀▀ ▀▀
                      ██
..Skynet..
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram   ■   Facebook   ■   Twitter   ■   Medium   ■   Reddit   ■   LinkedIn
.CREATING THE INTELLIGENT MACHINE ECONOMY.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Dastramus18

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 10:12:03 AM

If you have it online don't download files from the internet like games. This will make it harder for hackers to steal your coins from your wallet. They can hack it though if they can hack the site.

If you have it locally stored you are in a big problem they are easy to steal. With a wallet stealer in a file you have downloaded you can easily be hacked.
Techcodes

Activity: 10

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 10:16:41 AM

Well you must have a virus scanner on your computer first. My advise it to store them online, because if you it locally stored it can be stolen with a virus from the hackers.
I use blockchain mostly because i trust it and it has never been stolen by hackers. My friends also use blockchain so its popular also.
Maddinson100

Activity: 363
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 09:01:18 AM

A good wallet will be the most aid for a good security. Try finding popular wallets in the web or mobile wallets and try them for yourself. Find what suits you, because right now, the only flaw in security is you yourself. No matter how safe the wallet is, carelessness will always be there. Don't just carelessly  put your security credentials without checking on the URL and other aspect if it is the legitimate one.
I think it is not possible to secure our bitcoin wallets, because we do not have any control of our accounts. The controllers can make anything with our accounts. The hackers can hack our bitcoin wallets although the blockchain and other service providers have attempted to make the security unbreakable but still the people have doubt of their wallet security. I think till date it is not possible for us to make our wallet secure.
MakeMoneyBtc

Activity: 1092
Merit: 117

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 11:21:46 PM
Last edit: November 11, 2017, 10:36:25 AM by MakeMoneyBtc

A paper wallet is one of the best solutions because the wallet is not stored digitally anywhere so therefore cant exist cyber-attacks or hardware failure. All your bitcoins are stored on a piece of paper. That can be a huge advantage but also it can be a big disadvantage because you can anyway lose that paper and if that happen your bitcoin are gone forever.
A hardware wallet is also good, it pretty much works on the same principle but your bitcoins are stored on an external hard disk or on a stick.
Storing huge amounts of bitcoins in online wallets can be dangerous even if the wallet is the most secure because hackers can break into anything if he really wants that.
sirat01

Activity: 202
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 11:26:21 PM

you should use desktop wallet like electrum or bitcoin core to store bitcoin.And keep secure your private key and make log in password in wallet.This method is safe to hold your bitcoin.Thanks Smiley
woas4

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 11:27:50 PM

The best way to be safe is to buy a hardware wallet (I would recommend you ledger nano S, it seems to be the number 1 choice in the market right now). If you cant afford one, make sure your computer is safe from any kind of malware or trojan, and that your private key is stored offline in a safe place.

weredo911

Activity: 270

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 02:01:18 AM

There is no way to guarantee 100% money in your online wallet will be safe. The best way is that you should store your coins in cold wallets.

I have pretended to be mentally retarded for seven years.
dg2010

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 02:38:39 AM

The best way is that you have to use offline wallet. And especially, you don't click or access strange link from anyone.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: