Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:29:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Armory and BitcoinQt  (Read 412 times)
oscartroche (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 06:20:33 PM

I need to know, if when using an offline computer to sign transactions with Armory; whether that computer (offline computer) has to be constantly synchronized to the internet (and thus not be a true offline computer), or whether I can setup armory and Bitcoin Qt on a computer that is NEVER connected to the internet (and thus not synchronized to the blockchain) and just sign transactions that way.

I have a netbook I can keep offline and just use to sign transactions; I just want to do this as safely as possible.

I would also like to know, if when I create a new wallet in armory, if I make a paper backup of that wallet, will all the adresses I create within that wallet in the FUTURE, will also be backed up. Or do I need to make a new paper wallet every time I add an adrress?

I appreciate any input.

Noob.
PeterB

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 06:24:26 PM

Offline computer never has to be connected to the internet.  Create a watch only copy on an internet connected Armory computer.  Then create an unsigned transaction on that computer.  Transfer the file via USB stick or whatever to the offline computer and sign it.  Then copy signed file back onto usb stick and then put it back onto online computer.

Note:  potentially a virus could hijack a ride on the USB stick.  Personally I re-format completely each time.  Also if I had a very large amount I would use a completely new USB stick.  Others might have better suggestions but that is what I do.

For the paper wallets--Should be good for the first 100 addresses, but someone else can explain better. 

Mine bitcoins with you mind!  Play poker at Seals with Clubs!  Now with mixed games, stud games, and multiple variants of OFC!  These games are not offered on any other bitcoin poker site!  Sign up with me, PeterB, as your referral and I can help you with eBooks, strategy and more!  PM me for more details.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: